Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2006/2007

Stocka

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Berbatov was a doubt before the game anyway. Slight niggle. But Jol decided to go with him then I guess at 3-1 you must think you got the win in the bag so may aswell rest your star man for uefa cup and premierleague games coming up.

Ah well.

I don't think it's that Jol thought the win was in the bag, more that it's better not to take a risk with your best player.

I knew that any substitutions would disrupt our team so I was hoping we'd get through without any, but at least we're still in the FA Cup and now take them back to White Hart Lane, and hopefully Keane, Chimbonda, Robinson, and Jenas will be fit for then.

Today once again shows, Spurs can't sit back on a lead.

Lennon played ok, just his final ball was shocking.

He needs to work on that to keep his England place.

It has improved greatly since last season, although he's still not consistent enough. He most certainly should NEVER take a corner again though. Seriously.

Am I the only one who thought Lennon had quite a poor game? I don't think we saw more than one decent cross in the entire game. He just seemed off the mark today.

Also, Frank Lampard has moved up a notch in my book. I now loathe the bugger.

Yeah I hate him as well, and I don't think he's even that good a player.

..Chelsea and Man United kept apart.. there's a surprise :indeed:

I know, who didn't see that coming?

You know, this means that in theory, three of the biggest games of the season all could potentially be the same three games.

I mean:

Chelsea vs Man Utd, that could decide who goes home with the Premiership this season.

Chelsea vs. Man Utd, could be the FA Cup final.

Chelsea vs. Man Utd, could also be the Champs league final, according to fixtures.

Not saying it WILL happen, but as the fixtures are planned out, it's a possibility.

lamparduy2tl8.jpg

Lmfao! :D

Man U have played so many games in the past few weeks. There was their Premiership fixtures, then their FA Cup ties and replays, plus their Champions League tie against Lille, most or all of these games have been on telly. Whereas Villa have played only one Premiership fixture.

Man U have played so many games in the past few weeks. There was their Premiership fixtures, then their FA Cup ties and replays, plus their Champions League tie against Lille, most or all of these games have been on telly. Whereas Villa have played only one Premiership fixture.

But oh no, Man United have it easy. :heh:

Pffft.

(although the replays were our own fault, d'oh.)

Oh, hee hee! :heh:

It's boring as hell, 1 fixture in 3/4 weeks. To be honest, I want the season to end, I don't know why, though. :wtf:

I want the season to end, too. But not because I'm disappointed or anything. I want it to end because we're the best position we've been in for years (in all cups), and I just want to see how it ends.

Got, now is an exciting and terrifying time to be a Man United fan. We could end up with 3 big trophies, or we could end up with absolutely nothing.

..Chelsea and Man United kept apart.. there's a surprise :indeed:

And if they had been drawn together everybody would be moaning that the final was pointless. Lose lose situation tbh.

I want the season to end, too. But not because I'm disappointed or anything. I want it to end because we're the best position we've been in for years (in all cups), and I just want to see how it ends.

So I imagined you losing to Southend then?

So I imagined you losing to Southend then?

It would have been great to have avoided that defeat and still been in contention for the Carling Cup. But even then, we're still in the running for the League (1st, which I dare anyone to snuff at :heh:), we're still in the Fa Cup (pending a replay) and we're still in the Champs league.

Last few seasons have been disappointing, so this is a welcome change. Still a bit annoyed at that carling cup defeat, but that's football.

Well that's just the gayest locking of a thread ever.

Why can't we have proper discussion on a problem afflicting association football without peopl giving out about an FM's hidden agenda?

And for a mod to lock it just because one FM calls for it???

Pathetic locking of a post if you ask me.

Blackfox:

Since your trigger-happy locking finger seems to be working overdrive today, I'll post this here:

If a topic starts a flaming contest then perhaps it's time to warn the people who swear, shout and tell people to fuck off for no reason, rather than locking a thread that has the potential for serious discussion.

Ever thought of warning people who flame?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!