Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Definitive Wii speculation/rumour thread

phez_boy

well, if you read his last post, it says that the wiimote will have a microphone. Unfortunately for saruwatari, Iwata (or Miyamoto) stated

that the Wii will not have a mic.. Thus proving that saruwatari is not a true insider... all we can do now is hope that he is good in guessing.......

Yeah, definitley a fake. Tis a pity though! It was a great read!:laughing:

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey just wondering if anyone has watched the michel ancel video? the one where he is attacked by the rabbids? when he starts to go into the game he says "the one big feature will be, the fact that..." and then he gets taken out by the rabbids. i wonder what he was going to reveal. considering ubisoft are working so close with nintendo i wouldnt be suprised if the new what the last 'secret' is. also not that it is really that big of a deal but i find it wierd that in the rayman promo video, it shows a empty field with butterflys fluttering away then it goes back to the lounge room and the butterfly is still fluttering around.

hey just wondering if anyone has watched the michel ancel video? the one where he is attacked by the rabbids? when he starts to go into the game he says "the one big feature will be, the fact that..." and then he gets taken out by the rabbids. i wonder what he was going to reveal. considering ubisoft are working so close with nintendo i wouldnt be suprised if the new what the last 'secret' is. also not that it is really that big of a deal but i find it wierd that in the rayman promo video, it shows a empty field with butterflys fluttering away then it goes back to the lounge room and the butterfly is still fluttering around.

You got a link for this?? I'd like to watch it...

oh yeah sorry should have done that before, anyway you can download it here:

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/821/821585/vids_2.html

under the title of 'Meet Michel Ancel'. hope that helps.

oh and 1 other thing:

http://revolutionrumors.blogspot.com/2005/06/new-email-from-revolution-engineer.html

this is very old i know. but the thing is this guy seems to have some facts. especially when he talks about a control which uses each hand individualy.

*RUMOR* Wii launch in late Oct in Japan, early Nov for US/UK?

A French gaming website has dropped some info on the Wii launch, and they are claiming that this info comes from someone very close to Nintendo. The author of the article even says that they obtained the info themself, thus trying to push this story further from rumor, and more towards fact.

This person that is closely related to Nintendo (and remains nameless) let some info slip on just when to expect the Wii. It is looking like sometime around October 30th will be the Japanese launch, with a US and UK launch spaced out over 10 day’s time. The mystery person also claims that having the Wii ship around this time has nothing to do with the launch of the PS3, it is purely coincidental. Be that truth or not, it definitely won’t hurt Nintendo to get a 1-2 week jump on the PS3.

Indeed. I read that earlier.

I still think that if they want to try and upstage SONY (and I know they have said they're not competiing with them, but we all know they want to steal Sony's limelight) they would be wise to release in Europe and the US well before the PS3.

I think Wii should be released in Japan on 2nd October and then in Europe and US on 13th October. That gives Wii a considerable headstart.

Indeed. I read that earlier.

I still think that if they want to try and upstage SONY (and I know they have said they're not competiing with them, but we all know they want to steal Sony's limelight) they would be wise to release in Europe and the US well before the PS3.

I think Wii should be released in Japan on 2nd October and then in Europe and US on 13th October. That gives Wii a considerable headstart.

Yeah, that would be awesome.

Danish gaming site GameReactor “confirms†that a Star Wars game is in the works for the Wii. The story claims that you will be taking control of the lightsaber, running around, slicing through enemies like butter. The only problem is that their story gives no source as to where they obtained this info. I guess we are lead to believe that LucasArts got in touch with GameReactor personally. This story is most likely bogus, but as long as we keep pressing the issue of a Star Wars game on the Wii, the better a chance we have of catching LucasArts eye. Thanks to Bjorna for the heads up!

With there being plenty of rumours around this its turning into a certainty its being made.

I truly hope if they make a Star Wars game, that they translate hand movements to lightsabre movements exactly, unlike Red Steel's sword control.

Though this could spoil things:

Ubisoft confirmed that it had previously tried simulating the sword in a one-to-one motion, so that all hand movements would translate directly and instantly into the game's combat, but that the gameplay was dismissed as too clunky and surprisingly unrealistic.

Link: http://wii.ign.com/articles/714/714666p1.html

Saturn would be very difficult to emulate as its hardware is badly designed.

A Dreamcast emulator would be near impossible though. Maybe the Wii gets close to having the power to emulate part of the games (and that means IGN specs x2 at least), but I doubt it has enough memory or power to cover the entire library.

if the Wii does release the 30th of October that would be great since my birthday is the next day! hurry! i wont have to buy it! ill get someone else to get it for me:D and someone else to get games and somebody else to get controllers oooh i dont have to save now!

That and the dreamcast's CD rom drive ran at twice the speed of of a normal drive. The wii would need a way to tell if there was a dreamcast disk in it in order to adjust it's spin rate. As far as I know the normal spin rate area of each dreamcast disk does not have any unified "this is a dreamcast game" marker in it.

That and the dreamcast's CD rom drive ran at twice the speed of of a normal drive. The wii would need a way to tell if there was a dreamcast disk in it in order to adjust it's spin rate. As far as I know the normal spin rate area of each dreamcast disk does not have any unified "this is a dreamcast game" marker in it.

I think that's not a problem. The gamecube also does not use normal read speeds and i can read a homebrew code DVD in both my gamecube or my PC's DVD reader. Other option is: If it really has no marker then the Wii would check at the Dreamcast drive speed if it was a Dreamcast disk, if it could not read it the Wii would proceed to slow down to normal speed and then check whatever it has to check. The real problem is the emulation. But it would be awsome if Saturn and Dreamcast games could be played on the Wii, even if it's from a latter firmware upgrade.

I know speed is not a problem. I was just thinking that if there were no marker it would be impossible since the first section (inner tracks) of the DC disk are that of a regular CD so unless there was a marker the wii would simply read the CD data and be done with it.

Actually since the wii is backwards compatable with the cube based on hardware it does not see the difference between a gamecube and a wii game since the same instructions are used in the code. Code on wii games will simply use new functions that have been added in the wii.

Actually since the wii is backwards compatable with the cube based on hardware it does not see the difference between a gamecube and a wii game since the same instructions are used in the code. Code on wii games will simply use new functions that have been added in the wii.

This has been the greatest post in months... (no sarcasm):grin:

but why would they do that if no one can buy games anymore? The only way would be downloading , but there's no space for it.

Because lot's of people still own the games and could increase the overall interest in the Wii.

Could be, but that doesn't rule out the chance of the Wii being able to differentiate the disks (mechanically or by software).

Could be, but that doesn't rule out the chance of the Wii being able to differentiate the disks (mechanically or by software).

I totally agree but what I am saying is that due to the nature of dreamcast disks (forget even trying to emulate it for now) the inner tracks read like that of a regular CD. If the wii began reading this disk it would read the CD data and when the change in pit density (when thay become packed closer together) the wii would have no clue and simple assume the disk ended. Now if there was some kind of marker in the CD portion of the dreamcast disk that could tell the wii "this is a dreamcast disk" it could read it properly. Still I'm not sure such a marker exists. If a marker like that does exist then it's solved. If not some kind of software would indeed be needed, but, that raises costs and requires developers to look back through all dreamcast games and see if any would be missed with the software method.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!