N-Europe

Definitive Wii speculation/rumour thread

phez_boy

Not me. To me its a "Buy Play Pass Sell" type of game. IMO theres no replay value in the GTA series.:nono: :horse:

Crazy talk. The GTA games probably have more replay value out there then any other game series. I think the only types of games people put more time into would be a good MMORPG.

If this is a GTA game I wonder if it'll be GTA 4 or some sort of spin off or remake.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see that there is replay value in the GTA series but all of the activities involved in that are completely unstimulating for me. Steal this, fly that, jump big chasm, try and complete lots of mini mission and all ina pretty bland and fairly samey kind of world.

Plus the control mechanic of the games puts me right off.

But less bitching. Lets face it though ppl, T2 are a publisher not a dev so they could bring anyone to the plate.

Steal this, fly that, jump big chasm, try and complete lots of mini mission and all ina pretty bland and fairly samey kind of world.

Yeah its like "Oh steal some more ok, this is getting boring", and I know that some people will say "Its the same formula for Zelda's side quests". Well yes it is, but atleast there is a story behind the side quest that brings you closer to the character you are helping.

Wii would seriously benefit with GTA games, simple as that. This franchise sells and SELLS A LOT. The sales figures below says it all:

Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec (PS2 - 14.36 million)

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2 - 13.58 million)

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2 - 13.47 million)

[PC & xcox.png versions excluded]

41,410,000,000 copies of GTA games approximately have been sold on PS2 alone.

I will buy GTA on Wii if Rockstar Taketwo decides to bring versions onto Wii and I virtually never buy multiplatform games, but if this becomes a reality, I will happily make an exception, providing it does well with review of course.

SOURCE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best_selling_computer_and_video_games <-- But I remember seeing this on an official site somewhere, just don't recall the link.

Wii would seriously benefit with GTA games, simple as that. This franchise sells and SELLS A LOT. The sales figures below says it all:

I will buy GTA on Wii if Rockstar Taketwo decides to bring versions onto Wii and I virtually never buy multiplatform games, but if this becomes a reality, I will happily make an exception, providing it does well with review of course.

SOURCE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best_selling_computer_and_video_games <-- But I remember seeing this on an official site somewhere, just don't recall the link.

41 Billion!!!!!!!!!!! Ten for ever person on the planet... now that's a top selling game!!!

The only reason I would want a GTA game on the Wii is that it would shift units. I would buy it and I wouldn't want anyone else to. I don't see gameplay "freedom" as being free to go around rape, pillage, steal and mame. That's disturbed. I would have a lot more respect for the game if you could do good things as well as bad. Would be cool to have a mission where you get put in the slammer and you have to do community service to get the cops off your back. Maybe you have to play a section in jail where you have to survive without getting stabbed or becoming someones bitch.

It just has no balance.

I too am fed up of all these games where you play as the hero. It'd be cool if you had a mission where you had to pimp out Peach to Wario and Waluigi.

Oh wait, not it wouldn't. Because that totally doesn't fit in with the rest of the game. GTA: Vice City is a fantastic game, San Andreas less so.

Wouldn't it be cool if someone made a GTA style MMORPG, where you form into gangs, and fight rival gangs.

That's the plan, according to rumours. The rumours say there will be a fully loaded single player game, with optional 2 player like the last big one, but then there will also be the ability to form clans online, with other players, to face off each other and to do online missions and stuff.

I guess that's why it's launching on both Xbox 360 and PS3 at the same time, so that players of both can face off.

• 3 weeks later...

Wii mote - new interaction:

Apparently, the wii-mote can give shock feedback. This will be used extensively in brain training games. The user sucks the end of the wiimote. The contact must touch his tongue. Every question wrong.... BAM. The player gets a nasty but not damaging shock. This has found to improve brain performance and concetration by 20%. The fun factor is off the scale.

Source

• 4 weeks later...

Expect some trailers and new tidbits of information around the launch of PS3 to steal some of its thunder, despite the fact that its initial shipment will sell out due to being in such short supply. You'll have a lot of people [99% male] crying about how the PS3 is too expensive and in such limited supply, come in Wii to temporarily fulfill their gaming needs as a substitute to PS3 and their incentives will change through cleverly timed advertising.

Why is there no MP3 player or even cd music player?

i bet you download the media player at a later date ...

will there be an extra charge for this or are we going to see an itunes player?

In fact, is that why the wii does not play dvds, because they want you to download movies from apple.?