N-Europe

Definitive Wii speculation/rumour thread

phez_boy

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having the headset of course include a microphone for use in games is a given. But there was also talk of a late to launch release of this “gyroscopic headset†that would be supported by the sensor bar as well. To sum up the theory we were privy to. The headset would be somewhat sensitive to movement that could be translated into the game. Such as if you get up and move to the right of your television something might correspond for that in the game. Such as dodging things, looking around corners etc. It was also mentioned that it might have a unique look and non-obstructive lightweight design.

that would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

White Rose Centre GAME has an employee (very helpful by the way) that claims he knows the Wii will be 155GBP.

I can assure that this is very very unlikely, I'd bet it's just an educated guess. I work for Gamestation and know that our working relationship with Nintendo is much better than they have with GAME - and we've been told absolutely nothing that hasn't been all over the web. Most likely GAME have set a possible price to tell interested customers, but they almost certainly won't know for sure.

Could be wrong though, he could secretly be the third Mario Brother and just work at GAME for something to do.

One thing which just occured to me, that this game which its development is being rushed so it'll be ready for launch could be the game "Disaster: Day of Crisis" which has barely even been talked about by any game media websites, or anyone here.

It's either Zelda or Metroid.

Actually i wouldn't be surprised if Zelda is still no-where near completition.

Does anyone know the game which Ninty were talking about???

Maybe it's Excitetruck or Project Hammer?

Thes two just a little bit of polish, and Nintendo know that they need as many First-Party games out on launch day as possible.

One thing which just occured to me, that this game which its development is being rushed so it'll be ready for launch could be the game "Disaster: Day of Crisis" which has barely even been talked about by any game media websites, or anyone here.

Actually I think they were talking about Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles. It's been promised to be a launch game over and over again but hasn't been playable. I really doubt FFCC will be there at launch.

Actually I think they were talking about Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles. It's been promised to be a launch game over and over again but hasn't been playable. I really doubt FFCC will be there at launch.

You could be right....or Dragon Quest?

Disaster Day of Crisis, has always been a future Wii title for next year! Theres no-way this is a launch title.

I'll be happily surprised if it was though...but surely it would be miles to rushed?

that equals about 250euro which sounds expensive to me..Nah i dont think anyone knows the price,Maybe nintendo are still deciding.Who knows!

nok...

Thats a norwegian page then. Here in scandinavia we have HIGH taxes. In sweden, 25% of a GC or game is tax, so that price is higher than your price will be. Plus I remember that everything was expensive in Norway. I was there once... A sandwich and a soda costs like 6 Euros. In Sweden I can get one just like it for 3-4 euros!

If it's really going to be like the picture suggest, this would be so cool no matter the colour or shape of that ugly box.

I mean doing a kame-hame-ha with your hands... it doesn't even matter if the game is good or not, it's a kame-hame-ha.

Almost like Ridge Racer.... Riiiiiidge Racer!1111

This was over at IGN with Perrin.It could possibly mean that the Wii is Region Free but it's the usual Kaplan answer,just drifts away from the question,what do you think?

This week's question: The DS has been an overwhelming success. Are you looking into using the same fundamentals -- like, for instance, its region-free standard -- for Wii?

Perrin Kaplan, vice president of marketing and corporate communications, Nintendo of America: Clearly, the success of Nintendo DS has offered a lot of lessons about what works in the marketplace -- and we certainly intend to keep our fans satisfied. For the Wii system, we are finalizing all the relevant details and will be making announcements in the coming months. We know that isn't what you all want to hear (or read) but at least we are being honest! We will share a lot of ways people can play globally, regionally, without boundaries. You're right that the region-free approach has proved to be a successful and attractive feature for Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection on Nintendo DS -- we have even blown the doors off our own anticipated numbers! Cost, ease-of-use and player privacy are the three things that were a focus for us with Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Those priorities also will apply to the Wii system.

She could just mean that the Wi-Fi connection priorities are the same,what do you guys think?