N-Europe

Explosion at Chemical Plant in Billingham

demonmike04

Yeah thats what im wondering jordan, I live less than 2 miles away from the buncefield explosion.. I coughed so much that week it was killer on my neck.

But here you got a huge ammount of chemicals, hopefully we'l hear more bout it in the hours to come.

Guest Jordan

People saw yellow flashes? Okay science people, what mixes with Oxygen and gives off a yellow spark.

Times that by several million times! Seriously though, putting out a chemical fire is even harder than the oil one a few months ago. God help those fire fighters.

That oil one was massive though, i live in oxford atm, and i felt that thing go up, and i was 80 miles away. I remember going to search on the net straight after feeling it, as i though England had another one of its mini earthquakes. Is this one as large, or just because theres a load of things that shouldnt ever be contaminating the air floating around?

That oil one was massive though, i live in oxford atm, and i felt that thing go up, and i was 80 miles away. I remember going to search on the net straight after feeling it, as i though England had another one of its mini earthquakes. Is this one as large, or just because theres a load of things that shouldnt ever be contaminating the air floating around?

Off-topic, but your ID/Signature and avatar are all fucking awesome.

No-one seemed to be majorly hurt which is good, although I wouldnt recommend going back soon odwin, the article said the gas was full of ammonia. That place must smell absolutely rank now. I always hated that smell in chemistry.

@The3rdChlidren - Cheers, i always though it was a bit plain/bland