N-Europe

When will you first play Wii?

Jay

When does everybody here first hope to actually play Wii? Are you all going to go dashing straight to the system when you first see it in a local shop or are you going to wait till the day you buy the system and experience it for the first time?

I ask this because with the last two Nintendo systems I have bought (DS and Cube) I got a chance to play them before launch. I spent ages looking forward to the Cube and I went into Toys'R'Us after seeing a sign outside saying that the Cube was playable inside, I ran in and played Wave Race, Luigi's Mansion and Rogue Leader. In that time I got used to the controller and played the beginning sections of all these games. It was great and hyped me up even more for the system but come launch day the experience simply wasn't as fresh. This was because the controller wasn't new to me and I'd already played the opening sections. Essentially that first play had killed off my excitement for those titles because they weren't totally fresh.

I never got as excited about DS as with other systems as I was in a lull with gaming at the time and I only got one after playing Wario Ware: Touched in my local Game store and playing both that and Mario 64 on a friends system. Whilst it was largely those experiences that made me buy the system it meant that those games lost their impact and as I didn't get another DS game until Christmas just gone it meant that the system didn't have that same fresh feeling.

I want to avoid that with Wii, I want my first experience of playing it to be in my home infront of my own TV and to be blown away by it then. I don't want to have that experience in a shop again as launch day is considerably more exciting when you haven't played the system.

I was wondering if anyone else feels the same or if they're going to grab hold of the Wiimote at the first opportunity :)

Its a good point, i might in fact, not come on RE until after the system has been released. I'll miss you lot but itll be really good finding out in the shop there and then everything the wii is capable of as they havent revealed all the secrets left.

This is my official goodbye to you all, if any of you read this, and i'll come back in 2007.

Its going to be tough.

Im going to resist too, i'll try much harder this time. I managed with the Cube but with the DS i couldn't resist i kept going to my local 'Dixons' to play it.

This time around i won't play it untill it sit's in room.

2007 :shock: that's far away don't leave :sad:

Sorry guys im leaving, probably come back on my birthday. (nov 3) catch up on the ton of news. you lot could give me the info. Ill be on for the rest of today but thatll be it. Just think though, how im going to feel when i get the wii and then on the box it shows me another amazing controller that does this that and the other and i just play an play.

if you know everything and try it out it will kind of ruin it. (not ruin it, not even close, but it wont be the same)

Depending on the European releasedate says I. If us continentals are going to get a 2007-buttfuck from them tiny yellow bastards, than I will import it from the USA, given that it will release there end 2006. Even though it may only differ a few months, the psychological distance of "2007" simply feels too long.

So I will not simply game on releaseday, but on the releaseday of the friggin' continent that gets it first.

mmmm, i may just wait. May to November seems long away, but it really isn't.

You know, once the summers gone, it's like September and then it's nearly here. I think i can do it. Like the 360, it will be great to see it in the flesh on the day it's released....

Sadly theres not many games coming out June/July/August, so that may be the months that i kinda do other things, like go different places etc..the time will fly! :awesome:

Thank-god Big Brothers on, that always get me through the summer though! (but theres no-way i'm getting as involved as i did last year, NO-WAY! NO-WAY!)

I'll resist, i did it with the gamecube (i think) but not with the DS, i told my mum i needed to check for dead pixels a few weeks before christmas and played on it untill the battery went......also i'm not saving up for the console as my birthdays in October and will have the cash and lots of fresh new games :)

I probably read definatly won't be able to resist it. How will it be shown in shops though? I mean the demo pods. Will the controller be attached to the stand with a wire to stop people nicking it? If so it will kinda stop the experience a bit. Also imagine if you really got into it and were playing baseball and just hit some guy standing behind you lol. Now thats realism in games! :bowdown:

I reckon October seeing as the launch games are almost complete, I think the VC games are just about done too.

hahah red steel was not complete in any shape or form.. and VC games were completed years ago.. all they have to do is program, and optimise a versatile emulation program for Wii to run.

I probably read definatly won't be able to resist it. How will it be shown in shops though? I mean the demo pods. Will the controller be attached to the stand with a wire to stop people nicking it? If so it will kinda stop the experience a bit. Also imagine if you really got into it and were playing baseball and just hit some guy standing behind you lol. Now thats realism in games! :bowdown:

I'm guessing they will probably have wired controllers for the demo pods that plug into the USB's, the console will be locked away and the controller attached to it that way. I'd assume so anyway.

I know it'll be hard to resist but I'm just going to resist temptation to go into any shops other than to pre-order my Wii. I just want it to be totally fresh, I intend to avoid any footage of games from E3 onwards as well. I remember with Wind Waker I was looking forward to it so much I spoilt about two dungeons and the opening bit on the island just from watching videos :cry:

Yeah I'm gonna wait until it's out. There's nothing better than getting your brand spanking new shiny console home and sticking in your first game as your first experience with it.

I remember playing Super Monkey Ball like it was yesterday... *stares into the distance in day dream*