Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz (Wii)

Stocka

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Extract from preview:

Hardcore Monkey Ball fans might be wandering why on earth we've not gone crazy over Monkey Target already. Sorry guys, Sega has changed it. For those who aren't familiar, it's a classic that has you rolling down a giant ramp to pick up speed and launch into the air, then open your monkey ball to fly to an land on a small target for points.

It was ROCK hard, but so annoyingly doable that you just couldn't put it down. But in Banana Blitz, it's just not the same game we know and love. To start with, kiss goodbye to the ramp - that's gone. Instead you're shot from a cannon, abolishing the various ramp techniques adopted by different players. There also only seemed to be one level, so there are no varying targets to aim for. And even the physics have changed, with eased gravity making it floaty. We were massively disappointed

SOURCE: http://computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=148080

Hopefully not all mini games will be made worse like this one...

Extract from preview:

Hardcore Monkey Ball fans might be wandering why on earth we've not gone crazy over Monkey Target already. Sorry guys, Sega has changed it. For those who aren't familiar, it's a classic that has you rolling down a giant ramp to pick up speed and launch into the air, then open your monkey ball to fly to an land on a small target for points.

It was ROCK hard, but so annoyingly doable that you just couldn't put it down. But in Banana Blitz, it's just not the same game we know and love. To start with, kiss goodbye to the ramp - that's gone. Instead you're shot from a cannon, abolishing the various ramp techniques adopted by different players. There also only seemed to be one level, so there are no varying targets to aim for. And even the physics have changed, with eased gravity making it floaty. We were massively disappointed

That's a real shame....Still, if you really want to play Monkey Target, you can go to the originals. I think they should have kept the same sort of Monkey Target idea though :(

How are you actually supposed to play darts, just do a stabbing motion towards the screen or do you have to actually throw the Wii Mote and possibly smash it into your television screen?

Well i'm guessing it's not the latter:wink:

The change to Monkey Target does sound disappointing.:nono: I think for most people it was the thing they liked most about the game. It was awful in Monkey Ball Adventure tho.... They'll prob be some new minigame in there that will become the new 'champ' tho.... after all there's about 50-odd games in there!! :hehe:

• 2 weeks later...
Extract from preview:

aw shit.im almost put off now.But why?All they had to do was make more landing patterns to land on.it was perfect.i knew something was wrong.Whats the race like?i watched one of the vids that had this really annoying noize of rolling

I'm really disappointed with the altering of target, it was the BEST party game on there which had the most replay value, bowling, billards, race, fight and golf they're all great fun and i'm glad they're there but still, Target was just ace. Its a shame it won't be in this game though.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!