NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Stocka

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz (Wii)

Hugely looking forward to this. I'm a big Monkey Ball fan. I like the cartoony feel to it and the jump button will make some levels feel new and challenging.

Apparently it takes a while to get used to (like any Wii game out there).

And I think there's 12 mini games this time, all FHC controlled.

p60 NOM says there are 100 games!

but looking again, this could be a typo

games listed p63 are Monkey:

hurdles

darts

baseball

diving -spearing fish

skipping - no balls here

fruit collecting - bounce falling fruit into a bowel by adjusting angle of leaf

mole - wacka mole stylee

hoopla - throw hoops at monkeys

ufo - space shooter

telpathy - guess what grandpa is doing??

torture - poke with sharp instruments

Widescreen

also screens on available are from gamecube development kits and so expect a graphics upgrade by launch

Also they think it will be a LAUNCH game

Should be good if the level designs are good. Not sure about being able to jump as i thought that was the challenge of the GC games, having to completely control your ball without any safety points and lifelines. Hmmm

The monkey torture sounds pretty funny.It might be a typo that there is 100,you know how ONM are.

YES MONKEY BALL. So many years of my life were wasted with Monkey ball 1 & 2. Multiplayer games were so fun. Monkey Tennis owned.

your joking right?

Heh, yeh he is. Theres only 10 on the page, and theres no torture unfortunately :(

I've seen a massive video of this running. Looks alot better than the GameCube versions.

It seemed like the person playing was struggling with the controls, but the vid wasn't actually showing the person while they were playing.............so they could just suck at the game.

The game looks very crisp and clean running at 480p like most of the Wii games.

I've seen a massive video of this running. Looks alot better than the GameCube versions.

It seemed like the person playing was struggling with the controls, but the vid wasn't actually showing the person while they were playing.............so they could just suck at the game.

The game looks very crisp and clean running at 480p like most of the Wii games.

Yeah, I'm guessing all/most games will run in widescreen and 480p even in europe this time, has anything been said about this?

New SMB: Banana Blitz Screens

2827W-SMBREV_060410_155717.jpg

2800W-SMBREV_060410_141602.jpg

2825W-SMBREV_060410_154133.jpg

2809W-SMBREV_060410_150655.jpg

2803W-SMBREV_060410_142530.jpg

2821W-SMBREV_060410_153950.jpg

2816W-SMBREV_060410_153016.jpg

Features

Party Games: Scores of party games have been creatively designed to take advantage of the Nintendo Wii controller.

Puzzle Levels: A huge number of puzzle levels have been designed for players of all standards. Easy to learn but difficult to master, these puzzle levels bring the classic Super Monkey Ball gameplay to the Nintendo Wii for the first time.

Boss Levels: After completing puzzle levels the game heats up with some serious boss battles. Each of the bosses will challenge you to find their weakness to defeat them.

Monkey Jump: For the first time in the Super Monkey Ball universe AiAi and his friends will be able to jump using an upward flick motion with the Wii Controller.

More screens can found here.

fruit collecting - bounce falling fruit into a bowel by adjusting angle of leaf

Which end of the bowel do you aim for?

Which end of the bowel do you aim for?

The one that has the right fruit logo on the bowl.

its bowl dante not bowel your not putting fruit in someones bowels surely

opps! :cry:

Yeah, on the ONM DVD there's a video of some sort of boss, you have to hit it's weak point (its arse), for massive damage!!

Yeah, on the ONM DVD there's a video of some sort of boss, you have to hit it's weak point (its arse), for massive damage!!

OMG sega copied SONY!!

If the reports are good about the control scheme this will be my first and last Monkey Ball game. if the reports are bad about the control scheme I'll get the Cube version.

do ye think monkey target will be included?The sites just assume that it would work well and that it natuarally will be included

Well I have high hopes for this. I got the original Monkey Ball on launch day of the cube and still play it today, monkey target with four players you really can't beat it. There doesn't seem to be concern about the controls, which is good to hear, this game despite being simple could go wrong if it isn't correctly implicated, imagine going along one of those dead narrow strips in single player and falling off when it's not your fault because of the controller.

in answer to your question mcj metroid, i point to Edge Magazine for a little opinion (and potential clarifcation) about monkey target:

"What is clear is that where some of the minigames- notably Monkey Target- transfer effortlessly to the Wiiii, other new additions feel a little strained..."

I think there are bound to be some that are a little strained what with there being so many, can't remember the exact number I've seen touted around, but its higher than previous versions.

They probably had a day in the office coming up with ideas they went to the boss at the end of the day and said "we've got 16" (for example) and the boss said "nope we need 20, your all staying till we have 20" and by the end the people were just coming up with whatever popped into their head, just to get home...(how else do you explain the existence of this monkey torture you all speak of.)

Sign in to follow this