NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Stocka

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz (Wii)

Extract from preview:

Hardcore Monkey Ball fans might be wandering why on earth we've not gone crazy over Monkey Target already. Sorry guys, Sega has changed it. For those who aren't familiar, it's a classic that has you rolling down a giant ramp to pick up speed and launch into the air, then open your monkey ball to fly to an land on a small target for points.

It was ROCK hard, but so annoyingly doable that you just couldn't put it down. But in Banana Blitz, it's just not the same game we know and love. To start with, kiss goodbye to the ramp - that's gone. Instead you're shot from a cannon, abolishing the various ramp techniques adopted by different players. There also only seemed to be one level, so there are no varying targets to aim for. And even the physics have changed, with eased gravity making it floaty. We were massively disappointed

SOURCE: http://computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=148080

Hopefully not all mini games will be made worse like this one...

Extract from preview:

Hardcore Monkey Ball fans might be wandering why on earth we've not gone crazy over Monkey Target already. Sorry guys, Sega has changed it. For those who aren't familiar, it's a classic that has you rolling down a giant ramp to pick up speed and launch into the air, then open your monkey ball to fly to an land on a small target for points.

It was ROCK hard, but so annoyingly doable that you just couldn't put it down. But in Banana Blitz, it's just not the same game we know and love. To start with, kiss goodbye to the ramp - that's gone. Instead you're shot from a cannon, abolishing the various ramp techniques adopted by different players. There also only seemed to be one level, so there are no varying targets to aim for. And even the physics have changed, with eased gravity making it floaty. We were massively disappointed

That's a real shame....Still, if you really want to play Monkey Target, you can go to the originals. I think they should have kept the same sort of Monkey Target idea though :(

This it at launch right? Im getting 2 games, Red Steel is one, and this is hopefully going to be the other..

How are you actually supposed to play darts, just do a stabbing motion towards the screen or do you have to actually throw the Wii Mote and possibly smash it into your television screen?

How are you actually supposed to play darts, just do a stabbing motion towards the screen or do you have to actually throw the Wii Mote and possibly smash it into your television screen?

Well i'm guessing it's not the latter:wink:

Seing as i've never played Monkey Ball before i won't be dissapointed by the Monkey Target thingy.

The change to Monkey Target does sound disappointing.:nono: I think for most people it was the thing they liked most about the game. It was awful in Monkey Ball Adventure tho.... They'll prob be some new minigame in there that will become the new 'champ' tho.... after all there's about 50-odd games in there!! :hehe:

Extract from preview:

aw shit.im almost put off now.But why?All they had to do was make more landing patterns to land on.it was perfect.i knew something was wrong.Whats the race like?i watched one of the vids that had this really annoying noize of rolling

I never liked target anyway, bowling and monkey fight all the way for me. Though ive heard nothing about monkey fight in this version :(

This is 100% coming my way on launch day!

I'm really disappointed with the altering of target, it was the BEST party game on there which had the most replay value, bowling, billards, race, fight and golf they're all great fun and i'm glad they're there but still, Target was just ace. Its a shame it won't be in this game though.

Is the lack of Nintendo on the Wii boxes worrying anyone? Or, is this a clever marketting ploy?

Monkey target will be a future downloadable at extra cost no doubt. Or maybe this is so we buy the sequal to banana blitz. You dont miss out your best mini game for no reason.

hmmm shame to hear about monkey target not being as good....

i wasn't going to get this at launch anyway i didnt think and this has somewhat put me off as new monkey target was one of my main reason, cube monkey target is still a cult uni favourite.

Is the lack of Nintendo on the Wii boxes worrying anyone?

OMG APPLE iS TAKiNG OVER NINTENDO!!!!!!

Is the lack of Nintendo on the Wii boxes worrying anyone? Or, is this a clever marketting ploy?

the name nintendo screms kiddy at a lot of people so maybe they cut down on it.Then again u dont see xbox360 called the microsoft xbox360 either

Its part of their differentiation strategy. No logo = Not as high association of them being kiddy.

Sign in to follow this