NEurope
Stocka

Resident Evil Wii

Its been confirmed! An exclusive game.

Publisher Capcom today announced that it is underway with a new Resident Evil game developed exclusively for Nintendo's Wii console. The game will take advantage of the system's unique controller for a new take on the atmospheric franchise.

"The next-generation console Wii is garnering much attention with its groundbreaking new controller. The new Resident Evil game for the console will combine the series' intense gaming experience and atmosphere with the revolutionary control system of the Wii," Capcom said in an official statement.

I spotted that earlier today on IGN and posted it in the general chatter thread (and pm'd Tphi and Jordan).

Good news, if it doesn't get overshadowed by Resident Evil 5.

Don't get too ahead of yourselves, more than anything else it's likely to be in a similar vein to the old Survivor Lightgun games. And that wouldn't be a good thing.

Don't get too ahead of yourselves, more than anything else it's likely to be in a similar vein to the old Survivor Lightgun games. And that wouldn't be a good thing.

I hate wild statements like this. Based on what facts? You can't possibly know! If anything it's more likely to be built on the Resident Evil 4 engine with the new control system added in. But we can't know until Capcom confirm it.

Anyway, fantastic news. A Resident Evil game using Wii control with visuals that will end up being better than Resident Evil 4. It has my vote.

Anyidea when we will see screens?

SO many games being announced i can't take it! :bouncy:

if they give us a lightgun game great but they beater give us a true resident evil as well.

im also glade its an exclusive this time it beater stay that way.

I hate wild statements like this. Based on what facts? You can't possibly know! If anything it's more likely to be built on the Resident Evil 4 engine with the new control system added in. But we can't know until Capcom confirm it.

Anyway, fantastic news. A Resident Evil game using Wii control with visuals that will end up being better than Resident Evil 4. It has my vote.

Seems very reasonable. If the Wii is so similar in structure to the GC as Nintendo says, then it really shouldnt be that big of a problem converting the RE4 engine to Wii and pepping the graphics up a bit (more polygons, bigger textures etc??) I reckon the control scheme would function very well too if it was somewhat the "same" as in RE4, just using the nun-chuck to move, strafe etc and when pressing the "shoulder" button on the nun-chuck you go into "weapon-mode" and you can aim with the FMV etc...

Seems to me the most logical thing to do instead of building up a totally new engine or porting the engine from RE5 (though we dont know much about it) would probably be too hard because of the difference between Xbox 360/PS3 and Wii.

another exclusive :D nice i love resi evil....but do we get res evil 5 thou ? :(

woah bad news....I´m gonna break...that are far too many games that i wanna have!!!!!!!!!1:cry: ....->:idea::kiss::santa:

The poster has a point but hopefully it wont turnout like that. I hoping they dont add a new character to the game and let us play with an exsisting character such as Barry.

As previously stated by someone it would be utter foolish of Capcom to not use the same engine but tweaked that they used for the GC. Which I would then presume that they'd take the same route as Zelda which has you aiming with the remote.. Time shall tell. What time do the doors open.. is it about 5pm here?

As previously stated by someone it would be utter foolish of Capcom to not use the same engine but tweaked that they used for the GC. Which I would then presume that they'd take the same route as Zelda which has you aiming with the remote.. Time shall tell. What time do the doors open.. is it about 5pm here?

Sometime around then. I will be at work so at least I will having something to look forward to when I get home.

HAHA!!!

IN YO FACE, FONY!

The wii is going to rock.

Hopefully this'll be like RE4, only with wii controlls and on fullscreen (and perhaps slightly improved graphics, allthough RE4 looks better than anything even on the XB360).

I think i just wet my pants...... :p

I think this will be like RE4 with the Wiimote controls (like shootin the arrow in Zelda) i don't see them doing something like the survivor games.

*big long long shot - most likely won't happened but what the hell*

Imagine they decided to try once more a gamble on Nintendo and it was RE5 Wii exculsive.... and then will end up on PS3 a year later :p

*end big long long shot - most likely won't happened but what the hell*

Very good news, resi GC was kick ass, this can only be better (Hopefully-if thats even possible). Though one problem with the wii, theres too many good games comming out on it, how will we afford them all.

Exclusive is not as good as Resident Evil 5.

It will need to be better than RE5 for me to buy it.

I have faith they'll do something good.

it can turn out beater at least now we get something designed for the wii.

The poster has a point but hopefully it wont turnout like that. I hoping they dont add a new character to the game and let us play with an exsisting character such as Barry.

yeah give us back leon & the hot chick from 4. they can have the new re5 dude.

Very good news, resi GC was kick ass, this can only be better (Hopefully-if thats even possible). Though one problem with the wii, theres too many good games comming out on it, how will we afford them all.

By being cheap :) At least it isn't 360 or PS3... we'd only be able to buy 1 game a year after remortgaging houses to buy the consoles.

It'll probably be a spin-off and I wouldn't even be surprised if it was an FPS game. I genuinley don't think we'll see Resi 5 on this unless the Wii exclusive version sells like hotcakes, usually spin-off Resi games are handled by other developers so if Capcom themselves are working on this I think it'll be a serious game, even if its not a follow up to Resi 4.

Pitty it's not 5, but if it is part of the main story, and is as good as 4, then by God, will I be happy.

we need to be able to use the chainsaw in the wii version

thats for sure using a chainsaw would be pretty crazy *remembers back to Doom and Doom 2 days* ahh those were the good ol days with the chainsaws

Chain saw would be sweet.I hope it's not some remake though.A new fresh exclusive.