NEurope
Sarka

Disaster: Day of Crisis

Bar Zelda and Red Steel, the most exciting IP on show today as far as I'm concerned (Nintendo-wise).

I think its a car game of some variety. Also, anyone else think this is Ground Zero from Zoonami?

I think its a car game of some variety.

Doubt it; may be able to drive a car though.

'Players race a car down a mountain to escape a roaring pyroclastic flow, dodge toppling buildings during a devastating earthquake and swim for their lives in a raging flood.'

Taken from the Wii Nintendo site.

Sounds like you do a bit of everything. HAs the potential to be amazing!

Someones already said this probably, but do you think it will be like that PS2 game that you can buy like for a £1? I forget what it's called, but the world has had a earthquake and buildings fall in front of you and you have to walk along crumbling stuff etc...

Really good PS2 game actually but no-one brought it.

If it's like Day After Tommorrow that would be great! Can you imagine running away from a massive wave etc? How cool!

EDIT: and that is by far one of the coolest mascots Nintendo has ever created! Look at the hair man!

For those of you who can't access the Press Site:

Disaster: Day of Crisisâ„¢

Format: Wiiâ„¢

Launch Date: TBA

ESRB: RP (Rating Pending)

Game Type: Action

Accessories: TBA

Players: TBA

Developer: Monolith

KEY INFORMATION

Survive nature’s most devastating catastrophes in Disaster: Day of Crisis, a panic-inducing survival game for Wii. In a devastatingly short period of time, an unprecedented wave of natural disasters has pummeled the United States. On top of this inexplicable series of disasters, a rogue special forces unit has taken advantage of the chaos and seized a nuclear weapon. Only Ray, a former member of an elite rescue task force, has decided to take a stand.

• Cutting-edge physics and gripping visuals re-create the sheer terror of major catastrophes.

• Players race a car down a mountain to escape a roaring pyroclastic flow, dodge toppling buildings during a devastating earthquake and swim for their lives in a raging flood. No matter what happens, fight to survive.

HOLY SHITE!!!

This sounds like a GTA-ish thing... GREAT!!!

I LOVE YOU, NINTENDO!

If it's like Day After Tommorrow that would be great! Can you imagine running away from a massive wave etc? How cool!

Running on foot Versus Tidal wave.

*sploosh* BRUTALITY Nature wins!

Jay, that's a good point but didn't they make the Matrix which was a pretty big and scalable engine.. and that was third person?

If you consider the game is going to be about surviving natural disasters and weather effects.. perhaps it may be disorientating and if anything, less of an experience being encased in first person view.

Sure it would be more immersive which is what the console is about but I'm not sure it would suit world disasters.

HOLY SHITE!!!

This sounds like a GTA-ish thing... GREAT!!!

I LOVE YOU, NINTENDO!

Yes, I think you just hit the nail on the head. This looks to be Nintendo's answer to Grand Theft Auto. Huge sprawling realistic worlds, gritty art style.

Most exciting of all - it's Nintendo and on Wii. If this is their answer to GTA, I'm listening!

The fact that it says: Disaster: Day of Crisis suggests to me that this title.. is going to be a series..

Disaster: Night Fire (I'm unimaginitive.. but you get the idea)

Monolith didn't do Matrix, that was Shiny if I remember correctly.

Didn't Monolith do Condemned: Criminal Origins and F.E.A.R?

I really wish that Nintendo would have said much more or showed more of this game. This is gonna be a major game and I really think Nintendo should have gave a few more details. Unless of course that the game isn't far into development wish I hope it is.

This is my most anticipated announced game so far.

Off-Topic Just thought it was inteesting:

I just saw a repot from E3 on CNN Headline News on the "Robin & Company show." When they started out it look like Nintendo was gonna recieve the "cold shoulder" compared to PS3 and 360 from them. But as the report progressed that perception changed. He talked about prices and said that Nintendo is expected to released the Wii somewhere under $250. The Robin who host the show mentioned that she heard the the reporter had a Nintendo Wii controller with him and he said yes that's right and the console also. He went on to describe some of the functions and Robin well she actually said wow! and seemed to be amazed at the controller and even started talking about how it would be used in games. The reporter also talk on Nintendo's strategy in this race. And of course they started joking around on the reports on how americans getting big from sitting up playing video games and how Nintendo could go well with that and help change that perception. In the end the reporter said that it will be the consumers who decide who wins the console race.

They didn't show much because theit philisophy now is playing is believing. It doesn't matter showing trailers and talking about things, people need to play it.

In the end the reporter said that it will be the consumers who decide who wins the console race.

WHAT?! Amazingly, consumers decide who will "win"(based on sales figures, which is one of the most normal) the console race.

Nothing against your post BigTac, just thought that comment from the reporter was a tiny bit "stating-the-obvious"

nintendo only need to shake some of there image and i truly think they have done it with the titles they currently have they are so broad. i think it could do really well.

WHAT?! Amazingly, consumers decide who will "win"(based on sales figures, which is one of the most normal) the console race.

Nothing against your post BigTac, just thought that comment from the reporter was a tiny bit "stating-the-obvious"

I think you'll find that sony makes the decisionins in the next gen ;)

Wow, I like the sound of this game.

Also, Monolith are developing this. They're the people behind Xenosaga, so that's a good sign.

Yeah Monolith are one of my favourite studios. Liked them ever since AVP. AVP2 was sooo good.

I think the game will suit the controller a lot as the panic of the situation will call for some fairly instinctive reactions. That's what the FHC is all about.

The artwork is inspiring, i wonder what the storyline will be.. like, there are picture of the guy with a gun, what's he gonna do shoot tornados?