Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Wii Hardware Discussion

Ashley

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was in some interview a while ago with Perrin and Matt about E3 time and she said something about how hard-core gamers shouldn't turn away from them.Should be on IGN somewhere.

yep. perrin kaplan said that there was still some hardware elements that the hardcore gamers have to look forward to... we wont tell you now, but stay tuned!

this was at e3, being interviewed by matt cassamasdmafad

could be interesting for the market... but im not gonna speculate as to what it is

Do you think it will be possible to save GC games on the Wiis flash memory?

I mean if someone didn't get a GC but got a Wii ,it wouldn't be nice that they would have to go and look for a memory card.And if VC games can why not GC saves.Sorry if this is been confirmed already :heh:

I mean if someone didn't get a GC but got a Wii ,it wouldn't be nice that they would have to go and look for a memory card.And if VC games can why not GC saves.Sorry if this is been confirmed already :heh:

It's technicaly possible, but i makes too much sense for nintendo to do it.

I'll buy 4 rechargeable AA's too.

EDIT: Wait! I already have them. They'r on the freezer so that they loose it's charge, because i have not been using them.

cheers dudey

i cant quote UK prices and the like, but id say to go for NiMH batteries, they are the sort that are advised for digital cameras and the like. They last a LONG time in gameboys, can be recharged heaps, and for something like a remote, will last even longer.

they are pretty expensive... but hey, you get what you pay for!

Wii will use the 802.11b standard, and your wiresless rounter only use 802.11g ? that will prob. not work. =(

EDIT: Aha.. Now I see in the tech spec:

"Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, IEEE 802.11b, PPP, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11b+"

It will work with Wii !!!

Nintendo actually did SD memory card adapter for Gamecube in Japan. Device worked pretty well, but Nintendo stopped producing it because there wasn't enough demand for it. It was also tad expensive.

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=78&products_id=776

Wii will use the 802.11b standard, and your wiresless rounter only use 802.11g ? that will prob. not work. =(

EDIT: Aha.. Now I see in the tech spec:

"Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, IEEE 802.11b, PPP, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11b+"

It will work with Wii !!!

Thanks, im not too techy so i got none of that. But thanks for saying it will work! :bouncy:

Nintendo actually did SD memory card adapter for Gamecube in Japan. Device worked pretty well, but Nintendo stopped producing it because there wasn't enough demand for it. It was also tad expensive.

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=78&products_id=776

No demand because Nintendo was afraid of it ending with their own memory card sales, so they threw in the memory card limitation of 127 save files (per card), and didn't allow you to save files in the SD (perhaps afraid that you transfered them to the PC, never needing a memory card again).

Aside from that there were no games using it apart from Animal Forest e+(plus) taking advantage of it. the original idea behind SD was IMO providing what the 64DD promised.

Where did Nintendo say this? I thought it would be 802.11g as that is standard nowadays and the Wii has more room inside it than the DS (which has b)....