NEurope
Ashley

Wii Hardware Discussion

HDR shots

I’m not trying to be contrary here but I honesty prefer the ‘before’ screenshot. What game is that from btw?

Hey hey, Far Cry x64 with HDR extentions. The Jordan likes!

i think both of those pics have thier ups and downs...

Agreed, I think on the 'after' the stuff in the distance looks better but the stuff closer up looks better on the 'before' pic.

Okay this is all very interesting, but the main question is:

Does the bloody Wii support bloody HDR or not!!!!! Aggggggghhhhhhhh!!!

Okay this is all very interesting, but the main question is:

Does the bloody Wii support bloody HDR or not!!!!! Aggggggghhhhhhhh!!!

Probably. Nintendo would be stupid not to include the main features of the current graphic generation. HDR, Bloom, standard AA, AF, ... without HD those features should be really in the range of the GPU. Otherwise the term "souped up" XBOX is really fitting.

have you seen this: (damn, can't post links, go to GoNintendo and see about sensor bar)

my point (((don't read if U R going to bash, this isn't a rumour just a thought of mine))) we have had slight discusion about Wii camera in flap development thread (this isn't about a flap so I'm posting this here). The point is, what if sensor bar will have camera on it. It seems logical, it's wired (DCK had good point about wireless cameras), and it's standing in front of you. Since WiiMote should be pointed toward the sensor bar, you should be in front of a sensor bar, and if you're in front of it, a camera is recording you, and you can take photos/animations anytime. Your thoughts?:kiss:

edit: btw the page is 3142

have you seen this: (damn, can't post links, go to GoNintendo and see about sensor bar)

my point (((don't read if U R going to bash, this isn't a rumour just a thought of mine))) we have had slight discusion about Wii camera in flap development thread (this isn't about a flap so I'm posting this here). The point is, what if sensor bar will have camera on it. It seems logical, it's wired (DCK had good point about wireless cameras), and it's standing in front of you. Since WiiMote should be pointed toward the sensor bar, you should be in front of a sensor bar, and if you're in front of it, a camera is recording you, and you can take photos/animations anytime. Your thoughts?:kiss:

edit: btw the page is 3142

I remember somebody else said something about the possibility of having the camera implemented into the sensor bar. I've got no idea how techy stuff works of if this is entirely possible. But, i'm guessing that it could be a feasible option. You're right in saying that the sensor bar will need to be infront of the Wii-mote as the Wii-mote will need to interact with it. So, in turn, we'd have to be infront of the sensor bar. I could actually see this working out.

*waits for a techy person to prove me wrong*

I remember somebody else said something about the possibility of having the camera implemented into the sensor bar. I've got no idea how techy stuff works of if this is entirely possible. But, i'm guessing that it could be a feasible option. You're right in saying that the sensor bar will need to be infront of the Wii-mote as the Wii-mote will need to interact with it. So, in turn, we'd have to be infront of the sensor bar. I could actually see this working out.

*waits for a techy person to prove me wrong*

Nah camera in sensor bar is not feasible, its POSSIBLE, but not feasible, in a sense that, its not cost effective, unless, you use fibre optics. camera in flap is more of a realistic hypothesis.

a little question i have, dunno if its been posted before....

The Wiimote, you will surley ahve to calerbrate it like the gun in say time crisies rite? which is fine, BUT say you do that siting infornt of your tv but say u ahve amtes over and you have to sit more to the left in a diffrent part of the room, will the wiimote still be ok or will it be picked up diffrently, i.e can u pay the Wii in diffrent postioons or not.

Exucse gramer splelling etc im writing this in the middle of the night and i want to go to bed.

Oh and does anyone no the weight of the rembore and numchuck?

Nah camera in sensor bar is not feasible, its POSSIBLE, but not feasible, in a sense that, its not cost effective, unless, you use fibre optics. camera in flap is more of a realistic hypothesis.

Why is it any more feasible in the flap? It's not like a camera needs a lot of bandwidth. I still don't think we will see a camera (I think importing jpegs from the SD card is more likly) but I there is no reason it could go in the flap and not the sensor bar.

a little question i have, dunno if its been posted before....

The Wiimote, you will surley ahve to calerbrate it like the gun in say time crisies rite? which is fine, BUT say you do that siting infornt of your tv but say u ahve amtes over and you have to sit more to the left in a diffrent part of the room, will the wiimote still be ok or will it be picked up diffrently, i.e can u pay the Wii in diffrent postioons or not.

Exucse gramer splelling etc im writing this in the middle of the night and i want to go to bed.

Oh and does anyone no the weight of the rembore and numchuck?

No offense but no matter how late it is, there's no excuse for a post as near-unreadable as this. I'm honestly not sure exactly what you meant but if it's just about using the remote in different positions around the TV then yes apparently you can play it anywhere because the remote detects where it's being held.

About the weight though, I heard someone compare the weight of the remote to a DS before, although I'm hoping that's an exaggeration because it seems a bit heavy.

People who think for a while will realise that a camera in the flap would be really stupid. So everyone should place the wii console in front of them on the table or something. It's not more realsitic, it's more stupid.

If there's a camera, it'll be like an EyeToy. It makes the most sense by far.

Have you read the interview on the main site? About Wii having 1/6 or 1/4 more power than the others? He probably means it due to efficiency and the weight of HD in everything. It might not be quite like that, but it certainly makes sense. I mean look at Zelda, if a GC can do that imagine Wii. I'm glad they kept the same architecture, since GC has the best hardware out there balance wise. Nintendo sure has some good tech engineers.

Hi definition is not neccessary for this generation, they should have left it until next when everyone has it.

Have you read the interview on the main site? About Wii having 1/6 or 1/4 more power than the others?

Have you?

The stuff they wrote on the main site is a bit misleading.

From the interview :

Because we chose to not go HD, you're essentially looking at freeing one-fourth to one-sixth of the console's processing power.

Have you?

The stuff they wrote on the main site is a bit misleading.

From the interview :

Because we chose to not go HD, you're essentially looking at freeing one-fourth to one-sixth of the console's processing power.

exactly, don't misinterpretate what you read. The exclusion of HD support will save the wii about 1 quarter of processing power. Wich is good ofcourse, but it has nothing to do with the Wii being stronger than the other consoles. What it does imply, is that the capacity of the wii is closer to the other consoles thanks to the exclusion of HD support (when viewed on a SD TV).

Just a quarter of the power? That's not much. I would've expected so much extra pixels to cost as much extra power (and even more memory), but apparently the difference isn't that big.

Just a quarter of the power? That's not much. I would've expected so much extra pixels to cost as much extra power (and even more memory), but apparently the difference isn't that big.

a quarter not much?? that's a huge amount of extra power!

a quarter not much?? that's a huge amount of extra power!

That quarter must be still missing - at least I don't see an increase of 25% in visual quality compared to the Gamecube.

People who think for a while will realise that a camera in the flap would be really stupid. So everyone should place the wii console in front of them on the table or something. It's not more realsitic, it's more stupid.

Its more feasible technologically, in all honest, putting the camera in either the flap or the sensor bar is idiocy.

Has anyone thought that the camera could be in in the FHC?

I know a camera hasn't been confirmed, but if there was to be one could it work in the FHC?

Same reason a mic isn't in the controller, Shigsy says it will be too expensive.