N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

1. didn't mean glitches, meant something like update conflict or something like that, although the freeloader handles that ok

2. I know all of 3 other people who own a wii, they won't care i have this early

3. I know I wont trade in brawl, still have melee but this was a general comment at my attitude on importing

4. There was a fundamental reason for me owning the PAL version but it escapes me. Well at least I get some free star points.

5. ebay i don't trust. and im a little bit lazy sometimes.

6. On my birthday, me and my mates whn out where I got ridiculously hammered. To the point were there are pics of what happened but I remember none of it. Apparently I threw up several times in a handy box. The next week i sat down on a chair and knocked our router off the chair arm killing it (why it was there, chalk that one down to retarded housemates). Whoever bought it had lost the receipt but we could still return it if we used the box we bought it in. Lo and behold that box was pretty unuseable thanks to, well i guess you can see where im going with this. Had to fork out 70 quid for an equally dodgy router :(

Oh yeah, forgot to mention im very broke now with an overdraft used to the fullest =(

Your not importing it then?

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sonic would be much better if they used his shields from Sonic 3 for his B attacks. I'm surprised they didn't use the idea:

Up B: Electric Shield - Higher jump, also electrifys sonic temporarily

Side B: Fire Shield - Sorta like a fire dash, speeds sonic forwards engulfed in flame.

Down B: Bubble Shield - This is the only problem. It could be a reflector? Alternatively it could be used to do a spin dash like it already does.

I love playing as Sonic but his moves have little variety.

Who DO you use?

I've yet to play you. Still awaiting registration. Is that fear I smell?! Lol. Joking aside, get me added. The more the merrier.

Can't wait to play Dazzy some more. :) Had some good games on Yoshi's Island a few days ago. His tactics bring a tear to my eye. A world of pain and noob I can remember from Melee. You just know he's gonna go Rocky and boss us all in a few weeks :) (And on Pro Evo too...)

Don't you just know it! I'm going to be make the ivan Drago fight look tame!

I'm up for a game now if anyone's on!

Sonic would be much better if they used his shields from Sonic 3 for his B attacks. I'm surprised they didn't use the idea:

Up B: Electric Shield - Higher jump, also electrifys sonic temporarily

Side B: Fire Shield - Sorta like a fire dash, speeds sonic forwards engulfed in flame.

Down B: Bubble Shield - This is the only problem. It could be a reflector? Alternatively it could be used to do a spin dash like it already does.

I love playing as Sonic but his moves have little variety.

I never thought of that. Good ideas Dyson!

Brawl works about 10% of the time now. When it loads it will play for about half an hour before giving up again. I've done events 1 through 20 except for 17, because everytime I load up event 17 it stops. Classic mode won't load. I'm 38% through the Subspace and once I get to a certain cutscene it stops.

I might actually kill myself.

Brawl works about 10% of the time now. When it loads it will play for about half an hour before giving up again. I've done events 1 through 20 except for 17, because everytime I load up event 17 it stops. Classic mode won't load. I'm 38% through the Subspace and once I get to a certain cutscene it stops.

Poor zell :(

Ive completed all events on hard up to 28, haven't unlocked any after this yet. There weren't too many that posed a huge problem, Ok a couple took 10 goes or so, but there hasn't been a mega-challenge so far.

Compared to Melee I think they are slightly easier. Especially the ones where you have to defeat 8 chars in a row like the old all star events.

I actually love this game, still so much I haven't done. I don't think full completion is on the cards for me.

The little demos are cool though, gives you an idea of what they're like.

You see this is my type of luck! I do not want to end up like this man. :heh: I feel for you man. Won't nintendo fix your Wii?

You see this is my type of luck! I do not want to end up like this man. :heh: I feel for you man. Won't nintendo fix your Wii?

They're not going to fix it because the problem only arises when he's playing a game he's not really supposed to be playing on his console.

Ive completed all events on hard up to 28...

I've yet to do any!!

I did 'em all on Melee yet they just haven't interested me in Brawl. I'm happy just having custom/online Brawls (WITHOUT lag!!) No-one around me even likes/plays this game so online is my best bet for multiplayer. (Shame really). I've spent an age on the level editor though. Some in-depth, well-thought out levels have been created. I've even sent some to Maiky and Calv.

I guess I think I won't be able to do the events too :( Even though I seem to be doing well online.

They're not going to fix it because the problem only arises when he's playing a game he's not really supposed to be playing on his console.

Yeah I thought of that but as but they haven't blocked out the freeloader (yet) so they may understand or he could just say that it has trouble reading one of his games, remaining purposefully vague while using their services.

Is this common or just Zell specific?

Is this common or just Zell specific?

It's far from common, but not rare. Although sometimes it feels like it's Zell-specific :(

Get a lens cleaner. Should work assuming the lens is a bit dirty, which sort of sounds it is.

It's strange though, it was working perfectly, and I mean perfectly, for two days. How can the wii all of a sudden just stop reading the disc? People keep saying it's a console problem not being able to read the dual-layer, but I'm still inclined to believe there's something else. I'll try and get my hands on one of them, could I just use a normal PC cleaner or do I need a special one for Wii?

Yeah I thought of that but as but they haven't blocked out the freeloader (yet) so they may understand or he could just say that it has trouble reading one of his games, remaining purposefully vague while using their services.

I dunno... I could just say that it's stopped reading discs and it needs fixing. That could work.

Just completed Subspace last night. Really enjoyed it, on the whole, but just got a bit annoyed by the last level. I also unlocked Toon Link and Jigglypuff this morning, too. Love playing as Toon Link, but I can see Jigglypuff being one of my least used characters - I wish they'd got rid of it along with Pichu.

So what does everyone think the worst thing about the game is?

I can't really think of one major gripe.

2 things:

Subspace could have been made a bit more fun/engaging.

It takes a chunk of your life away.

For the subspace I would've actually liked a bit more skillful platforming sections where you have to time jumps and use tether recoveries etc. Haven't completed it yet and itll probably take me a couple of weeks because I only feel like doing 1 or 2 levels a day.

It takes a chunk of your life away.

Yeah, I only played subspace for the cutscenes and to see if anything decent happened. The final level was utter garbage in my opinion. A cheap attempt at prolonging it all. It did indeed feel like a slog. My nephew (8) loves it though. So I guess it could all be cynicism on my behalf.

Other than that it's aaaaaall good. :)

Even the limited online mode is o-k. Nothing special but passable.

ZELL!!

My Wii went wierd eariler whilst playing Brawl. The screen went all red and black numerous times. I unplugged component cables and it happened again when re-inserted. :o

After a while it came back to normal. But it scared the bejeezus out of me. Hopefully it was a one-off!!

The loading times. They're awfully long in my opinion.

How long is "long"? maybe they are longer if you are playing the USA version on an EU console? /wishful thinking... but seriously surely they can't be as bad as the load times on certain 360 / PS3 games which I have found to be criminal in terms of wait time. :blank:

Loading times are a bit on the long side, especially during Classic mode when it's loading the "team" enemies while you're walking around waiting for them to drop.

I finished SSE two days ago with a friend, we completed it on Hard. The last boss was pretty difficult but mainly because my friend couldn't dodge that OHKO attack, so he kept losing lives. On the go we managed to beat him in I was left with Ike and managed to get 2 smashes in, only needed one hit after that which I also managed to land after a few tense moments.

Beating it unlocked a whole bunch of stuff, but I still have three characters left,

who are hiding in the SSE.

Will probably be getting them tomorrow.

On another note I also managed to get my Homerun score with Ganondorf over 4000 feet. :D