Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been playing this a bit, suck a little(done 4 classic runs, fought a secret character at the end of each one and lost on three occasions, lucky me I got the one guy I really can't be fucked with having. I'll show him some damn moves!).

First reactions? A bit meh, I was in 16:9 but then went to 4:3 cos the TV isn't the biggest in the world, and things picked up. Gameplay wise, felt a bit melee-ey, and a bit different in a way I didn't like, my last 3 runs was with new characters though, and I got to enjoy it(Pokemon Trainer and Olimar wooo!). I'm liking it a bit, and can see it being better in the other areas.

Played this for about...seven hours today :/ Really need to do something tomorrow (although I shall be Wii-less between Sat and Weds...)

53% through SSE, it has suprised me how indepth (for a Smash Bros game) that mode is.

I'm talking to some tard on msn and he goes 'it sucks, they've removed like a million techniques from melee'.

Jesus, this isn't melee. Brawl is perhaps the best fighting game i've ever played; it pisses me off how certain melee players consider this game to suck just because its missing a few things. if you ask me it offers a lot more.

Also, the items in this game are mental; we got a nintendog today and it bloody covered the screen leading zells brother to die on like 0%.

Too good.

I'm talking to some tard on msn and he goes 'it sucks, they've removed like a million techniques from melee'.

Jesus, this isn't melee. Brawl is perhaps the best fighting game i've ever played; it pisses me off how certain melee players consider this game to suck just because its missing a few things. if you ask me it offers a lot more.

Also, the items in this game are mental; we got a nintendog today and it bloody covered the screen leading zells brother to die on like 0%.

Too good.

I agree. There's this guy I know who keeps complaining that brawls are too slow. Then again he actually liked the game overall (and he doesn't own it he just played a few brawls at some kids house). There's another kid I know who got the game for free a week before it came out because his mom works for some store, and now he's finished SSE and he says the game sucks and he's selling it. God I hate fadders.

I agree. There's this guy I know who keeps complaining that brawls are too slow. Then again he actually liked the game overall (and he doesn't own it he just played a few brawls at some kids house). There's another kid I know who got the game for free a week before it came out because his mom works for some store, and now he's finished SSE and he says the game sucks and he's selling it. God I hate fadders.

The only thing i don't like about Brawl is tripping. Apart from that i LOVE the game to pieces.

Tripping??

I was thinking the same. Eh?!

You tripping maybe?

I am loving this game so much. Melee+. Let's not get caught up in what is better. It's like the finished article but let's not ignore what went before. Great, great game. Back to playing now...

Jesus, even I noticed tripping. When you're running or just going about your brawling, haven't you noticed a tendancy that the characters have of tripping up randomly and falling? It's awful, because it's totally unpredictable and I've unfairly been smashed out of the stage because of it at times.

Jesus, even I noticed tripping. When you're running or just going about your brawling, haven't you noticed a tendancy that the characters have of tripping up randomly and falling? It's awful, because it's totally unpredictable and I've unfairly been smashed out of the stage because of it at times.

That's pretty much the point lol. But it's not that random if you change directions too fast it's more likely to happen for example

Guest Jordan

SSE sucks unless you have two really good players tbh... I ended up dying so many times due to playing 2 player and the other person sucking ass.

i'm now 92% through the SSE, trying to get to 100%... Where the hell is the last golden box thing on the field level? I just can't find it.

Spent about 2 hours on SSE with a mate last night, good stuff, wicked story, though the whole thing gets a bit tedious and repetative over time, saved only by the excellent story and character variety like. The cheeky bugger correctly guessed who was behind it all too! About 25% through on that save, we haven't been sticking stikcers and shiz though(i stuck some in my main one, before i read you can't get them back).

One other thing bugging me, what happened to the list of bonuses in Classic mode???

Has anyone created any stages yet? I made a few, tried to send them and it said you have to have BOTH F/C and Wii code on your console. Anyone up for trading some levels?

<----------My F/C Wii code.

PM me if you wish to trade.

Ala IGN's download centre for stages, we could also have a thread for N-Europe stages.

I played the game for the first time yesterday, didn't work on my TV upstairs because I got a black and white picture, but after I moved it downstairs to a newer TV even the RGB scart cable worked correctly. I went through SSE with a friend of mine. Already unlocked a few characters by going through Classic and playing some Brawls. It's all really fun. :D

Has anyone got With Anyone to work, by the way? I got a FC and am connected but it won't find any other players.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!