N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

do i need special tv to use FL? i saw sumthin bout 480p nd i dnt know if my tv has it . help

(on wii)

No, your TV just has to be able to accept an NTSC signal. ie, 480i 60Hz. Most modern TV's are capable of 60Hz. Or if it is HD ready you can use a component cable and run it in ED. (480p).

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been playing Smash since tea time thanks to the marvelous piece of kit that is the Freeloader! What really amazes me is how fresh it is to play, even after all the overhype and endless updates. The characters 'feel' much better all round and definitely more balanced. Oh, and so far I've been using just the wiimote to test supposedly the worst method, and it works great (I actually prefer d-pad control I think to the sloppy analogue-stick on the cube pad).

At the mo I'm still a bit overwhelmed by the wealth of options/extras/unlockables. First impressions place it unquestionably alongside Galaxy and Corruption as one of the finest games produced in recent years (yes, on any console). Artificial divides like 'hardcore'/'casual' are dissolved in the face of such quality!

Quick question guys. If I save Smash Bros Brawl on my Wii (this is the American version we are talking about) when I eventually get the PAL copy of the game too will my save work on that or will I have to start from scratch?

Start from scratch, even if the file would work, you can't copy the save over. Or are you using a freeloader? Either way, it isn't going to work.

Adventure mode is LONG. So far I've totaled 6 hours of game play, and am at 46%.:heh: And is the best way to open up the extra characters.:awesome:

I've already beat it, The last level is amazing, but felt really short.

I'm loving the Subspace Emissary! I don't know what kind of 'rpg' type thing the guys at ign were expecting (lol) but it's so much fun to play and addictive as hell. No it's not 'deep', but the whole point is retro simplicity. The sequences are great, pretty funny sometimes, and the fighting gets really intense. I like the fact that it forces you to use and get to know charcters you might otherwise overlook too.

I'm loving the Subspace Emissary! I don't know what kind of 'rpg' type thing the guys at ign were expecting (lol) but it's so much fun to play and addictive as hell. No it's not 'deep', but the whole point is retro simplicity. The sequences are great, pretty funny sometimes, and the fighting gets really intense. I like the fact that it forces you to use and get to know charcters you might otherwise overlook too.

yeah it's really fun, very well made.

I phoned up and got a much better reply!

"Hi Ive been looking at many sites to find the correct release date for the super smash bros brawl but my results have been quite varied"

NoE "Well we have recently had a response from Ninendo of America's headquarters saying that the European release of Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be June 6 so everything looks like that's the date it'll be hitting the market. This is pretty much confirmed now, however the date is still waiting for confimation on hehalf of Japan where production for the game takes place. I hope that helped."

"Yes! Cheers for that!"

NoE "I was joking. Fuck off and get a freeloader you stupid bastard"

Just before line closes "Stop having a wank and do something about it!"

"Hi Ive been looking at many sites to find the correct release date for the super smash bros brawl but my results have been quite varied"

NoE "Well we have recently had a response from Ninendo of America's headquarters saying that the European release of Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be June 6 so everything looks like that's the date it'll be hitting the market. This is pretty much confirmed now, however the date is still waiting for confimation on hehalf of Japan where production for the game takes place. I hope that helped."

"Yes! Cheers for that!"

I hope its that date and it is a Friday.

"Yes! Cheers for that!"

lol! That was actually really funny! :D

I took it seriously until the f***-off bit!

"Yes! Cheers for that!"

So you did not phone them then?