Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

I mean its fairly certain imo that the following aren't coming back:

Pichu

Mewtwo

Mr. Game and Watch

Dr. Mario

I think Mewtwo and Mr. G&W will come back. The icon theory strongly suggests Mr. G&W will be there.

Gotta agree with Pichu and Doc (and Roy). Minimum chances of coming back.

I'm actually very dissapointed with the announced characters. There have been far more characters I don't like or have never seen before compared to those who I like, and Dedededede, or whatever he is called, fits in both categories.

The only one I'm really happy about is Ike. TP Zelda, Pokemon Trainer and Wario is ok, but the rest of them I really don't want to be in the game.

I want Presea, Isaac, , Kalas, Krystal, Tom Nook and Olimar if anyone cares

Different tastes, I guess. I'm pretty happy with Dedede and pretty disppointed with TP Link.

Plus, unknown characters can be cool. If it weren't for Marth, Roy and Ness, I would've never played Fire Emblem or Earthbound.

Don't worry. I'm sure Kalas, Isaac, Krystal and Olimar still have good chances.

Hmm..I sort of feel this way...Come to think of it, I am still completely satisfied with Smash Bros 64's roster, it included the characters that, you know, count...King Dedede...I dunno. :/

Once again, different tastes. To me, Diddy, Wario and Dedede have always been characters that matter.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually very dissapointed with the announced characters. There have been far more characters I don't like or have never seen before compared to those who I like, and Dedededede, or whatever he is called, fits in both categories.

The only one I'm really happy about is Ike. TP Zelda, Pokemon Trainer and Wario is ok, but the rest of them I really don't want to be in the game.

I want Presea, Isaac, , Kalas, Krystal, Tom Nook and Olimar if anyone cares

Well unfortunately for you, most people like characters from Nintendo's most popular fanchises; surprisingly enough.:heh:

And yeah; G&W has NO reason to be taken out whatsoever.

Well unfortunately for you, most people like characters from Nintendo's most popular fanchises; surprisingly enough.

Are you trying to be funny or what? I like Nintendo characters, but if I had liked everyone I would be seriously biased. And the Kirby series is not one favourites.

Characters mentioned more then once in Sakurai's journal for BRAWL POLL: (edit: Taken after the first batch of newcomer characters were revealed at e3 2006 I believe)

1. Geno (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) (5 entries)

2. King Dedede (Kirby franchise) (5 entries)

3. Krystal (Star Fox franchise) (4 entries)

4. Ridley (Metroid franchise) (4 entries)

5. Ike (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance) (4 entries)

6. Claus (Mother 3) (4 entries)

7. Diddy Kong (DK franchise) (4 entries)

8. Takamaru (Murasume's Secret Castle) (3 entries)

9. Tom Nook (Animal Crossing franchise) (3 entries)

10. Captain Olimar (Pikmin franchise) (3 entries)

11. Megaman (2 entries)

12. Black Shadow (F-Zero franchise) (2 entries)

13. Deimru/Deimelle (Tomato Adventure) (2 entries)

14. Jeff (Mother 2/ Earthbound) (2 entries)

15. Ray 01 (Custom Robo franchise) (2 entries)

16. King K. Rool (DK franchise) (2 entries)

17. Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fight) (2 entries)

18. Professor Kawashima (Brain Age) (2 entries)

19. Sigurd (Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu) (2 entries)

20. Diddy and Dixie Kong as a team (DK franchise) (2 entries)

21. Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight) (2 entries)

I wouldn't be surprised if Krystal replaces Falco tbh. Falco was a clone character really and i'm sure sakurai is aware that a lot of us want to see Krystal, though i'd be surprised to see 3 starfox characters in Brawl tbh.

Well three Kirby characters have made it into the game so there's always a possibility.

I wonder how big the character roster is actually going to be in the end...

Do we definitely know that we're only getting start roster from the site? Cause Snake was going to be secret last time I heard. I know he said it was going to be starter only, but on the other hand I'm not sure I can believe it, hmm :/.

there's about 3 months worth of updates until it's released in Japan, so I'm suspecting we'll see at least 3 more characters revealed. It does seem pretty hefty though to have 23 characters without even any unlockables, I mean, that's almost as much as melee :/.

Also, does Dedede put the Metroid franchise at the lowest amount of characters with just 2? Which to me sort of confirms Ridley. (Yeah, I know Kid Icarus only has 1 character, and a few more, but Metroid is alot more major then Kid Icarus / Earthbound / F-Zero).

You're point being? That didn't seem to influence him while he was making the original and Melee.

Yeah, right.

Kirby has the most complete moveset in the game. Every kirby nuance was there (A-Moves were fighter moves, Grabs were Ninja-Backdrop-Suplex moves, Bowser's flamethrower was a Fire move, etc.). I can't think of another character that takes moves from his/her/its game as much as Kirby.

The All-Star mode is directly inspired by the Arena mode in the Kirby games. To reflect this, the "interlude" music in that mode is actually from Kirby Super Star.

Even though he didn't include his characters, he most certainly added a lot of detail into what he included. I'm sure there are other details I'm not aware of.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/rumor/smash-bros-character-leak-315290.php

Accomplished voice actress Alesia Glidewell, who will perform Zero Suit Samus' speaking parts—which I can assume amount to brief proclamations of victory and simple catchphrases—also lists Krystal from Starfox and Knuckle Joe from the Kirby series in her online resume.

Krystal as a full character or assist trophy?

http://kotaku.com/gaming/rumor/smash-bros-character-leak-315290.php

Krystal as a full character or assist trophy?

i'm thinkin' assist trophy in an arwing or something, while Falco comes back get's some original moves, IMO Krystal would be a nice addition, but falco has more history and Wolf is one of Fox's costumes (darn >.< he woulda bin awesome)

Response within quote:

Characters mentioned more then once in Sakurai's journal for BRAWL POLL: (edit: Taken after the first batch of newcomer characters were revealed at e3 2006 I believe)

1. Geno (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) (5 entries) <-- Good chance of being in (either him or Megaman as i've said all along);

2. King Dedede (Kirby franchise) (5 entries)

3. Krystal (Star Fox franchise) (4 entries) <-- Good chance of being in;

4. Ridley (Metroid franchise) (4 entries) <-- Good chance of being in;

5. Ike (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance) (4 entries)

6. Claus (Mother 3) (4 entries) <-- If Claus got more demand than Lucas, why is Claus not in?

7. Diddy Kong (DK franchise) (4 entries)

8. Takamaru (Murasume's Secret Castle) (3 entries)

9. Tom Nook (Animal Crossing franchise) (3 entries)

10. Captain Olimar (Pikmin franchise) (3 entries) <-- Good chance of being in;

11. Megaman (2 entries) <-- Reasonable chance of being in;

12. Black Shadow (F-Zero franchise) (2 entries)

13. Deimru/Deimelle (Tomato Adventure) (2 entries)

14. Jeff (Mother 2/ Earthbound) (2 entries)

15. Ray 01 (Custom Robo franchise) (2 entries)

16. King K. Rool (DK franchise) (2 entries) <-- <-- Reasonable chance of being in;

17. Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fight) (2 entries)

18. Professor Kawashima (Brain Age) (2 entries)

19. Sigurd (Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu) (2 entries)

20. Diddy and Dixie Kong as a team (DK franchise) (2 entries)

21. Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight) (2 entries)

King Dedede: Special Moves

Up Special Move: Super Dedede Jump

kingdedede_071026a-l.jpg

Look! That’s a serious jump!

kingdedede_071026b-l.jpg

And he lands HARD!

King Dedede’s great jump is his speciality! But he doesn’t have much freedom while jumping, and his vulnerability when he lands is pretty significant.

That said, if things look bad, just tap down on the Control Stick.

kingdedede_071026c-l.jpg

You can flip over and cancel it in mid-air.

However, if you try to cancel just before landing, you’ll make a fool of yourself, and you’ll be vulnerable for even longer, so watch out.

Side Special Move: Waddle Dee Toss

kingdedede_071026d-l.jpg

Just throw them out there.

He pulls out Waddle Dees from who knows where and throws them. The Waddle Dees then waddle around afterwards.

kingdedede_071026e-l.jpg

Occasionally a Waddle Doo appears...

kingdedede_071026f-l.jpg

...and Gordo, too.

Down Special Move: Jet Hammer

This time, King Dedede’s hammer is actually mechanised. The head’s rotation is powered by a motor.

And it can do this.

kingdedede_071026g-l.jpg

Whoa! What is this?!?

If you hold down the Control Stick and the special-move button simultaneously, you can charge up his hammer. And you can unleash it in one blow!

kingdedede_071026h-l.jpg

The power of the jet multiplies the destructive force!

You can even walk around with it charged up, but you can’t save the charge by pressing the shield button. Also, if you charge it up too much, it will increase your own damage, so be careful.

[/Quote]

His moves look really powerful, I like heavyweight characters so I'll use him a few times.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!