Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

Awesome stage.

Oh, and icon 21: world_b_21.gif

PictoChat

There are only a few nonsense stages in the only "slightly" nonsensical Smash Bros. series. But there is no stage more nonsensical than this one.

PictoChat?! What is THIS?!

It’s a fun little sketch-and-chat application with wireless functionality that’s built into the Nintendo DS!

stage15_071022a-l.jpg

And if you turn it into a stage, it looks like this! BAM!

stage15_071022b-l.jpg

At first, there’s nothing there. It’s just flat.

stage15_071022c-l.jpg

If you wait a bit, terrain gets drawn in with a few stylus strokes!

Of course, you can climb up on the doodles.

stage15_071022d-l.jpg

You may get knocked about by side winds.

stage15_071022e-l.jpg

There may be things you want to ride on moving around.

stage15_071022f-l.jpg

Hot! HOT! Are these flames

stage15_071022g-l.jpg

This looks solid! But it’s also flat?!

stage15_071022h-l.jpg

Wow! A whale!

The doodles that appear will disappear after a while, and then something else will get drawn.

Oh, and on this stage, you’ll be able to enjoy the music from the Mii Channel and Wii Shop Channel, too.

stage15_071022i-l.jpg

Oh! That’s just divine.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that the last icon? If so, its extremely doubtful we'll be getting another character from a Nintendo franchise.

Unless we get... Dr.Kawashima...

Is that the last icon? If so, its extremely doubtful we'll be getting another character from a Nintendo franchise.

Unless we get... Dr.Kawashima...

Like the Smash Bros icon, it could be that the last few icons (Nintendo systems) don't have playable characters (as they're console icons). There could be more console icons.

So, that leaves one new franchise.And all we know is that the Japanese name of the franchise is in between "Pa" and "So"

Three is the magic number in games, so I would say that Megaman will be the last one. So, Pikmin unfortunately looks slightly unlikely now.

This stage looks fun, but why the DS icon? I can't see someone like Dr. Kawashima getting in, but you'll never know of course.

Or its probably Animal Crossing (DS Wild World link) generic main character.

We already got an Animal Crossing icon so I don't think this one points to that as well.

That stage really is crazy and awesome and genius :D As for the icon I really can't think what (sensible) character they could include under that icon, if this is the case it's possible the icons now mean we won't necessarily get a character and we might not get an animal crossing character...i hope it's not though, fingers crossed for Tom Nook and Dr Kawashima :P.

That is the awesomest awesome in the history of awesome

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Abou the icon theory...it seems that it all comes down to Megaman or Olimar now.

Besides the old franchises, of course (Ridley, Dedede, Krystal, etc.)

Abou the icon theory...it seems that it all comes down to Megaman or Olimar now.

Panel de Pon could fit in as well, with Lip being a new character. But we don't know if that theory is true yet.

The icon could stand for Touch Generations though and still fit in with the list. :p

Returning:

Captain Falcon (F-Zero Icon)

Jigglypuff & Ness (Originals)

Luigi (Original, probably only clone-like character)

Gannondorf (New moves)

Marth (Older FE character, he's also in the new DS one)

Mr. Game & Watch (Space for his icon)

Sheik (Zelda transformation)

Mewtwo (Unique moveset. Could also be villain character for Pokémon)

I can see Dr. Mario and Pichu getting removed and Falco, Roy (already has be Ike) and Young Link getting replaced

Newcomers:

1. Generic Animal Crossing Player Person - Moves based on items in the game.

2. Megaman - He just seems to fit. Don't ask why...it's just an itch I have.

3. Krystal - She seems to be popular, her staff can give her unique moves. I can see her replacing Falco's position. Also, no Star Fox villains seem to fit now - Star Wolf is just a costume change.

4. Wind Waker Link - Wink Waker/Phantom Hourglass moves can give him new moves. Young Link seems to be in a cel-shaded style now all the time (WW, MC, PH) Replacement for Young Link.

5. Ridley - More villains seem needed for the adventure (Obviously, not all franchises will have one). The Melee intro shows that Ridley would fit (He looks taller because he's got the Metroid hatching in his claw). He's also quite popular worldwide. Kraid will likely be the Metroid boss.

Characters I'm not too sure on

6. King Dedede - Kirby has one new character, but Dedede would also fit. Could he just be a boss, though?

7. King K Rool - Similar reasoning to 6.

8. Black Shawod/Deathborn - Ditto

Returning:

Gannondorf (New moves)

I can see Dr. Mario and Pichu getting removed and Falco, Roy (already has be Ike) and Young Link getting replaced

Newcomers:

3. Krystal - She seems to be popular, her staff can give her unique moves. I can see her replacing Falco's position. Also, no Star Fox villains seem to fit now - Star Wolf is just a costume change.

4. Wind Waker Link - Wink Waker/Phantom Hourglass moves can give him new moves. Young Link seems to be in a cel-shaded style now all the time (WW, MC, PH) Replacement for Young Link.

5. Ridley - More villains seem needed for the adventure (Obviously, not all franchises will have one). The Melee intro shows that Ridley would fit (He looks taller because he's got the Metroid hatching in his claw). He's also quite popular worldwide. Kraid will likely be the Metroid boss.

6. King Dedede - Kirby has one new character, but Dedede would also fit. Could he just be a boss, though?

I think Wind Waker Link won't be in, the Zelda series has enough representation in my opinion because Ganondorf and Sheik will be back as well and two Links again would be unnecessary. I have doubts about Krystal replacing Falco, but that could happen although I think Falco will still be in. King Dedede has a very big chance of making it, I'm sure he will be in. Agreed on the rest of the list.

Returning:

Gannondorf (New moves)

Newcomers:

Really good predictions. I can see the final roster looking like you just said.

Except Dedede. I believe his chances are better than that.

Now, will Touch generations have a playable character? Maybe Dr. Lobe? Or maybe Mr. DS to fight alongside Mr. Game & Watch? :heh: (Do not take these predictions seriously. Although it would be awesome to see a Mr. DS)

I think Wind Waker Link won't be in, the Zelda series has enough representation in my opinion because Ganondorf and Sheik will be back as well and two Links again would be unnecessary.

Not really; WW/PH Link rocks, TP Link doesn't; plus, they have completely different items, and WW Link has his cool spin.

Anyway, I certainly hope Olimar makes it as a fighter, it's almost certain that Pikmin with be an icon though, as I'm sure there'll be at least a level.

One of the best stages yet. Might get a bit repetive if played many times like Pokemon Floats though...

Not if it doesn't just go around in circles and the things that happen are actually random (hopefully Wario Ware's like that too)

Also, no Star Fox villains seem to fit now - Star Wolf is just a costume change.

I reckon Andross might still be a boss; there where the 2 Andross trophies on Melee, and only one's been confirmed as an Assist:)

His super could be the Wind Waker itself :heh: He could have a miss of WW & PH items too

Excellent idea! I presume you mean Final Smash? Yeah an ocean could suddenly flood the screen, then he points the Wind Waker from side to side, carrying the contestants away to their doom. :heh:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!