Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

Thing is, without online, all that would happen is that they would have scope for a sequel on the same console. That means more $$ for Nintendo.

Of course, Nintendo aren't that greedy.

Are they?

Yes, and they dont mind proving that this time around.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is, it's very diffucult to make this playable online.

A lot of people are going to be playing competitively, and even those that aren't are going to get frustrated if there are lag issues at the the most important times. The graphics look great and seeing as it will be running at 60fps, expecting too much from the online mode is getting your hopes high. I mean, 4 players running around throwing items...i don't think that's going to be happening tbh.

Yeah, lag fucked me over on Mario Footy today when trying to Super Strike.

The thing is, it's very diffucult to make this playable online.
That only means they need to get off their arses to work very hard to make it work. Slow the game to 30 fps online if is has to be done, restrict it to continental or even parts of continental regions, but this game has to be online. Too difficult is just not a good enough reason.

That only means they need to get off their arses to work very hard to make it work. Slow the game to 30 fps online if is has to be done, restrict it to continental or even parts of continental regions, but this game has to be online. Too difficult is just not a good enough reason.

wtf? How can you slow it to 30fps? You'd get rid of more than half the combos, half the techniques wouldn't work...that wouldn't make any sense.

wtf? How can you slow it to 30fps? You'd get rid of more than half the combos, half the techniques wouldn't work...that wouldn't make any sense.
If they're doing it right this game isn't based on frames but on actual time; halving the fps just means the game runs a bit slower to the eye in order make it more suitable to run online. It shouldn't affect the gameplay. They should do that if necessary.

Also, judging Mario Smash Football's issues, NoE should really open up several server parks spread out through Europe. If the game needs it, they must do it.

If they're doing it right this game isn't based on frames but on actual time; halving the fps just means the game runs a bit slower to the eye in order make it more suitable to run online. It shouldn't affect the gameplay. They should do that if necessary.

Also, judging Mario Smash Football's issues, NoE should really open up several server parks spread out through Europe. If the game needs it, they must do it.

The thing is, a lot of the things that happened in Melee happened on specific frames of a second. It's quite weird, but yeah, would be interesting to see what they do.

If you have to tamper with the gameplay then no don't make it on-line

I suppose that with online gameplay in their mind they didn't base the gameplay on frames anymore; it just doesn't work. Any minor form of lag would totally destroy the gameplay.

If you have to tamper with the gameplay then no don't make it on-line
Gameplay should hardly be affected as I said above. This game must be online, even if it comes with some restrictions.

I bet for online you'll be limited to the simpler stages. Basically you'd get stuff like FD, Battlefield, Dreamland, Yoshi's Story etc. I'd be surprised if they could pull off 4 player on Big Blue without any lag.

yeah what zell said is right. Similirly to mario kart ds online, i think we'll get given a small number of levels. Aslong as its like 10-12 i'm happy though, especially considering they said we can expect to see more levels where the level changes.

yeah what zell said is right. Similirly to mario kart ds online, i think we'll get given a small number of levels. Aslong as its like 10-12 i'm happy though, especially considering they said we can expect to see more levels where the level changes.

It's not like you guys play on any other level besides final destination... or use items... or play with more than 2 players.

It's not like you guys play on any other level besides final destination... or use items... or play with more than 2 players.

And that is relevant because...? No wait it isn't.

You also know nothing of how I play, if you did you would know that I play 4 player 80% of the time on random stages. So your point, whatever it was, failed.

And that is relevant because...? No wait it isn't.

You also know nothing of how I play, if you did you would know that I play 4 player 80% of the time on random stages. So your point, whatever it was, failed.

Did I quote you sir?

Apologies :blush:

I don't know if you usually play games with Goron_3, but from what I remember he prefers a 1on1, no items and bland level battles.

So my comment only apply to "professional" smash players.

Edit: To be honest, I thought you were a pro player too. :p

I don't know if you usually play games with Goron_3, but from what I remember he prefers a 1on1, no items and bland level battles.

So my comment only apply to "professional" smash players.

Edit: To be honest, I thought you were a pro player too. :p

I am a "pro player" but that doesn't mean I play fiercely all the time. When I play goron, it's pretty competitive between us two, but I mostly play with my brothers and mate over the road. We play 2on2 (much more fun than a standard freeforall) on random levels (not all levels though since some are a bit of a chore or are too small). Although a lot of the time we just stick to FD, not because we're boring but because it's nice and sizable for 4 players.

FD is pretty much perfect for fighting. No "novelties". The only bad things are that is favours all the characters with projectiles and the awkward shape screws over all the characters with "warpy" up Bs (mewtwo, zelda).

I also have a hatred of hyrule temple, there's no need for a level to be that big, and it gets stupid when people are surviving to over 300% in the bottom part.

We play 2on2 (much more fun than a standard freeforall) on random levels (not all levels though since some are a bit of a chore or are too small).

That's pretty much how I play.

Final Destination is pretty much my favourite stage too. I like the small, simple ones.

Possibly my favorite to play too. Keeps us focused on the fight.

I also have a hatred of hyrule temple, there's no need for a level to be that big, and it gets stupid when people are surviving to over 300% in the bottom part.
Hyrule temple is a great level and it's hilarious when someone is around 300% and just ricocheting around!

However, I do like the simple levels such as Final Destination.

I also tend to fight without weapons, I prefer plain fighting using your skill and talent, mastering your move range.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!