Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

Say guys, what's that site that has all the latest Smash Bros news again?

(I'm desperate to play this. I love the new bright graphics, same sort of thing that happened to Zelda TP before release, but the opposite way around.)

SmashBros dot com.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say guys, what's that site that has all the latest Smash Bros news again?

(I'm desperate to play this. I love the new bright graphics, same sort of thing that happened to Zelda TP before release, but the opposite way around.)

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html

enjoy

Remind you of something?

hammer.jpg

:P

I reckon the run for the special will be even more hectic. :grin:

OFF TOPIC: Doing English A level :D nice

Whats it like in the 2nd year, got my Exam on Friday.

How'd you figure that one out? ::shrug:

So yeah, it's more of the same, except there's more of everything! Hurrah!

What texts you doing this year?

How'd you figure that one out? ::shrug:

So yeah, it's more of the same, except there's more of everything! Hurrah!

What texts you doing this year?

Streetcar Named Desire, Frankenstein and the infamous Poetry.

Out of interest what are you considering doing next year!? and any advice for nerves?

Oh dear. I HATE Tenessee Williams. Stupid melodramatic ****.

Considering that I'm getting 3 A's, I'm going to spend a year out of education and sit home and do the things that full time education hasn't allowed me time for: Music. As for what I wan't to do at uni, I have no idea, I think it's ridiculous that people are required to choose what they want to make of their lives so early, but I'm thinking of just studying eng lit at uni maybe and then going into whatever I feel like at that point.

As for nerves: It's inevitable, just make sure that with Frankenstein you've annoted your text thoroughly with the relevant points/ quotations before going in for the exam, other than that there's nothing you really can do apart from read through the texts one more time before friday and hope for the best. What poetry are you doing? Poetry was actually my fave part of AS, but thats probably because we did the forever awesome Paradise Lost.

Oh dear. I HATE Tenessee Williams. Stupid melodramatic ****.

Considering that I'm getting 3 A's, I'm going to spend a year out of education and sit home and do the things that full time education hasn't allowed me time for: Music. As for what I wan't to do at uni, I have no idea, I think it's ridiculous that people are required to choose what they want to make of their lives so early, but I'm thinking of just studying eng lit at uni maybe and then going into whatever I feel like at that point.

As for nerves: It's inevitable, just make sure that with Frankenstein you've annoted your text thoroughly with the relevant points/ quotations before going in for the exam, other than that there's nothing you really can do apart from read through the texts one more time before friday and hope for the best. What poetry are you doing? Poetry was actually my fave part of AS, but thats probably because we did the forever awesome Paradise Lost.

Some of the poetry is good but some are just damn awful mainly from the poetry around the world section. I agree though it is ludicrous that people should decide their future at 17/18 yrs effectively. Frankenstein is closed text btw and Streetcar is pretty poor I agree.

Also thanx for the advice man!: peace:

God, Yuzo Koshiro + Koji Kondo + Kazumi Totaka on the same soundtrack???

Add to that people like Jun Fukuda (Contact's soundtrack kicks major ass) + Asuka Ohta (yep, I enjoyed New Super Mario Bros.' soundtrack) + Kenji Yamamoto + pretty much everyone involved...

Where can I pre-order the soundtrack? :D

I think a 'Limit Break' system could work well in Brawl, at least as an extra ruleset. For instance you could earn a Brawl Token under your character's icon each time you reach a certain damage percentage bracket: you'd get one at 150%, another at 300%, and a third at 600%, etcetera. You could either use the Token straight away for a weak special, wait for a second for a medium strength attack, or acquire a third for a screen-filling attack that hits everyone.

Maybe some people think that's a bit gimmicky, but if properly balanced I can imagine a similar system working really well.

I rarely see anyone survive past the 200%. And that's the heavy characters.

Make it 100-300% then. I haven't played Melee in a while, and I might be confusing normal play with the epic "How high can you go?" matches my friends and I used to have.

I just feel that they could do something with the damage meters, such as have certain attacks hurt more when they have a high percentage. Seems like an obvious risk-reward choice.

OK, I looked through it (I admit somewhat quickly).

As a note, it was somewhat hard for me to follow because parts of the interview are excised.

Sakurai talks about how they got various composers. Basically the entire thing is about music actually. He seems to say they'll be using an arranged version of the "Theme of Love" (Ai no Teema) from Metal Gear Solid 4. Someone (Kojima I assume?) mentions a Metal Gear piece of music called "Calling to the Night" that's popular in the series (I'm not a Metal Gear buff <<). He says either it seems like they will, or he's heard that they will, (not sure how to interpret it) use it in Smash Brothers. Sakurai affirms that he'll be updating "day by day, little by little." For his final word, he says to people to please anticipate the game.

Nothing really interesting besides the Metal Gear music, unless I misread / missed something.

So we got some more confirmed info when it comes to music. Im interested in hearing these pieces

From the smash boards.

I think a 'Limit Break' system could work well in Brawl, at least as an extra ruleset. For instance you could earn a Brawl Token under your character's icon each time you reach a certain damage percentage bracket: you'd get one at 150%, another at 300%, and a third at 600%, etcetera. You could either use the Token straight away for a weak special, wait for a second for a medium strength attack, or acquire a third for a screen-filling attack that hits everyone.

Maybe some people think that's a bit gimmicky, but if properly balanced I can imagine a similar system working really well.

So you want this to turn into all the other Mario spin off games, ruined by Power/Smash/etc attacks? Theres just no need to implement that at all.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!