Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SSBM site had updates every week about the new characters still it came out in Japan. :)

You can't get rid of Roy, him and Marth are unseparable, like Mario and Luigi!

Roy was a movement clone of Marth but Marth was better than Roy.

But I would really like Marth and Roy was replace with Ike and The Black Knight.

You can't get rid of Roy, him and Marth are unseparable, like Mario and Luigi!

Not really. Roy was just a completely useless version of marth. I'd much rather see Ike and Marth in Brawl; it'd be awesome to see them fight each other. They're both so pretty :heh: Infact, watching them two fight would just be beautiful. Marth and Roy were awesome characters but Roy wasn't really as cool as marth. Seemed like damn kid in comparism to marth.

Anyway, the 3 fighters I would LOVE to see in this game would be Leon, Ike and Krystal, just so I can see these matchups:

Snake vs Leon (how hardcore would that be!)

Marth vs Ike (would be amazing. Marths my favourite Melee character and Ike's my favourite FE character. Would be so cool to see em fight).

Fox vs krystal (Krystal was HOT in adventures (i loved it when she smiled...*sigh*, so i'd like to see fight fox, cos i know she'd kick his ass).

The SSBM site had updates every week about the new characters still it came out in Japan. :)

Roy was a movement clone of Marth but Marth was better than Roy.

But I would really like Marth and Roy was replace with Ike and The Black Knight.

Not really. Roy was just a completely useless version of marth. I'd much rather see Ike and Marth in Brawl; it'd be awesome to see them fight each other. They're both so pretty :heh: Infact, watching them two fight would just be beautiful. Marth and Roy were awesome characters but Roy wasn't really as cool as marth. Seemed like damn kid in comparism to marth.

Anyway, the 3 fighters I would LOVE to see in this game would be Leon, Ike and Krystal, just so I can see these matchups:

Snake vs Leon (how hardcore would that be!)

Marth vs Ike (would be amazing. Marths my favourite Melee character and Ike's my favourite FE character. Would be so cool to see em fight).

Fox vs krystal (Krystal was HOT in adventures (i loved it when she smiled...*sigh*, so i'd like to see fight fox, cos i know she'd kick his ass).

Lolz... completely misunderstood me...

I'm not comparing how good they were as fighters, what I'm saying is that they fit together. Marth and Ike would not fit as well as say Marth and Roy or Lyn and Eliwood. If you get rid of Roy, then you should get rid of Marth as well and place their character designs onto Lyn and Eliwood (or Ike and someone else... I didn't play FE on teh cube). Basically what I'm saying is Marth and Roy are a pair, a cool pair.

Also goron, Roy isn't as bad as you think he is. Sure he'll never be as good as Marth but I've been using him recently and I can say he has hidden depth, not seen as he's often ignored. He also has his own playing style, playing like Marth won't work when using Roy. I think you're just hidden behind your Marth/Fox elitism.

Lolz... completely misunderstood me...

I'm not comparing how good they were as fighters, what I'm saying is that they fit together. Marth and Ike would not fit as well as say Marth and Roy or Lyn and Eliwood. If you get rid of Roy, then you should get rid of Marth as well and place their character designs onto Lyn and Eliwood (or Ike and someone else... I didn't play FE on teh cube). Basically what I'm saying is Marth and Roy are a pair, a cool pair.

Also goron, Roy isn't as bad as you think he is. Sure he'll never be as good as Marth but I've been using him recently and I can say he has hidden depth, not seen as he's often ignored. He also has his own playing style, playing like Marth won't work when using Roy. I think you're just hidden behind your Marth/Fox elitism.

I didn't misunderstand you lol. Mario and Luigi are made for each other, but I don't think taking Roy out would leave quite the same void as taking Luigi out (because of the whole FE never came out outside Japan thing, so we're not really used to marth and roy). yeah, they're a cool pair (their brothers ffs lol), but Ike is just so much cooler, and he's so similar to Marth; they'd go great together. Infact, i'd be fine with them taking marth out just to put Ike in, because he's amazing.

Also, I'm not saying Roy is awful. i've seen some players (Neo) use him VERY well, and i'm left very impressed. it's just he struggles in a lot of his matchups and I don't like his playing style (i mean, it's basically up-airs mixed with d-tilts to try and get combos going). He's good against Fox and Falco (sometimes) and i'd put him mid tier easily, i just don't like him much. Also, the sound he makes when he jumps is REALLY annoying lol.

And yeah, I :heart: Fox and Marth. Game and Watch is awsum too though :heh:

Not really. Roy was just a completely useless version of marth.

Hold up a minute there. I for one thing roy is an extremely valuable character better than marth in many respects if utilised proficiently, obviously marth's superior attributes over Roy are more easily seen however if you begin to play consistently with Roy you can see he is a invaluable brawler equal to his fire emblem counter part for sure.

Wonder who my favourite character is:heh: ?

Roy is from Fire Emblem Six and Marth is from Fire Emblem One.

Really? *realises point has been shot to pieces*

Well I choose to remain ignorant of that fact :awesome:

I still stand by my belief that Marth and Roy go well together and shouldn't be separated.

Hold up a minute there. I for one thing roy is an extremely valuable character better than marth in many respects if utilised proficiently, obviously marth's superior attributes over Roy are more easily seen however if you begin to play consistently with Roy you can see he is a invaluable brawler equal to his fire emblem counter part for sure.

Wonder who my favourite character is:heh: ?

Erm, no, that's what the tier lists are for.

If you mastered both characters, marth would come out on top (not just against each other, but against other characters aswell). Roy has good attributes, but Marth is superior in basically every way.

In what respects is roy better than marth?

Erm, no, that's what the tier lists are for.

If you mastered both characters, marth would come out on top (not just against each other, but against other characters aswell). Roy has good attributes, but Marth is superior in basically every way.

In what respects is roy better than marth?

No, tier lists are for sad people who take the game too seriously.

Oh god, not this again...

What other explanation for it is there? Let's face it, the game is for fun, it's clearly not meant to be raped to the point of mastery. That's why tripe like wave-dashing and super wave-dashing, which are clearly not intended for the game are discovered. I hope that kind of elitist shit is prevented in Brawl.

Guest Stefkov
What other explanation for it is there? Let's face it, the game is for fun, it's clearly not meant to be raped to the point of mastery. That's why tripe like wave-dashing and super wave-dashing, which are clearly not intended for the game are discovered. I hope that kind of elitist shit is prevented in Brawl.

I agree with that, I hope there won't be those, like snakers in mario kart ...lol..., who use this to their advantage in every match because they now how to exploit some of the features.

I respect that some people may take time to learn how to perfect these moves. It may have taken some time, but to play a game so that you're ultimate at it, where's the fun in no challenges. That's why I don't play Melee much, because if I were to go back on and play with my brother, he could easily defeat me and vice versa.

My sister's just shit at all games though, I beat her on Find Mii every single time, it's getting tiresome.

No, tier lists are for sad people who take the game too seriously.

You see, right there, you're being elitist too.

Im glad this game is online so we can reallly find out who is all talk.

But unfortunately you'll still get the losers who complain that "if this was SSBM I'd be kicking your ass!".

I do think that tier rating thing is a piece of crap though, its got no way of being made a fair test, and is utterly subjective.

I do think that tier rating thing is a piece of crap though, its got no way of being made a fair test, and is utterly subjective.

You can think that, but you'd be wrong. While the tier list isn't perfect, you'd be insane to think that, for example, Bowser was as good as Fox. Now that's not to say that a Bowser player couldn't beat a Fox, but the Fox would have a significant advantage if both players were considered to be of equal skill level.

Im glad this game is online so we can reallly find out who is all talk.

But unfortunately you'll still get the losers who complain that "if this was SSBM I'd be kicking your ass!".

Yea same here.Be interesting to see who they are.

From IGN:

MP3:C/SMG/SSBB coming this year, but if one gets bumped it will be SMG

Interesting...

I just wanna say something on this whole 'people take the game too seriously' issue. My mini rant:

1. The game is 2d fighter. This is THE genre people play to play competitively. And also, it's still fun.

2. The whole 'omg advance techniques are cheap' issue makes no sense. Lvl 9 computers L-cancel, All computers DI (like how Lvl 9's DI up), all computers can tech (even Lvl 1's can wall tech). Are they cheap?

3. I respect that people would rather play other games competitively, like Halo, Gears etc, but it pisses me off how smash fans tend to diss those that good at the game. Considering that the game is made for competitive play (I'm sorry if you don't believe that but it's pretty bloody obvious. I mean, why you reckon it's taking em so long to make? It takes AGES to balance characters), I don't understand why people insist 'omg wavedashing isn't in Brawl so you're gonna complain and be shit lolz!'. That's not the case; i play the game because i LOVE it. Why wouldn't I play brawl?

4. Wavedashing. OMG this subject really gets on my nerves, because half of you don't even know what you're on about. Wavedashing allows the crapper characters who usually wouldn't have a chance do well against the better characters (like Luigi wouldn't stand a chance). Wavedashing gives you better spacing; let's end it at that.

And oh yeah, the tier lists aren't perfectly accurately, but like Owario said, it basically gives you an impression on who'd come out on top (like Falco vs Bowser would be hugely in Falcos favour).

Rant over. Comment on what you want, i'm in a debating mood.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!