NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Yeah we definately need some more characters from the Metroid Series in the game. I wouldn't mind seeing Dark Samus, but they'd do well to come up with a completely different move set.

Maybe they could have included one of the hunters that was in Hunters and Corruption? Rundas for example would be a welcome addition; what with his freezing abilities...

Gore could be cool too, his smash attack could be the ability to use his robot suit.

At least one more character from metroid, or maybe a metroid as an assist trophy.

Two things - http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=15073 looks like the US might be getting another delay aaaaand http://uk.gamespot.com/users/thealmightygoat/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=m-100-25278774 scroll down to the comments where the roster may or may not have been leaked (probably may not)

-Mario-

1.Mario

2.Peach

3.Bowser

4.Yoshi

5.Luigi - (Secret)

-DK-

6. DK

7. Diddy Kong

8. King K. Rool - (Secret)

-Wario-

9.Wario

10.Ashley - (Secret)

-Kirby-

11.Kirby

12.King DeDeDe - (Secret)

13.Meta Knight - (Secret)

-Star Fox-

14. Fox

15. Wolf- (Secret)

16. Krystal- (Secret)

(NO FALCO IS A TROPHY AND APPEARS AS A ASSIST TROPHY IN HIS AIRWING WITH SLIPPY AND PEPPY)

-Pokemon-

17.Pikachu

18.Pokemon Trainer

19.Lucario- (Secret)

20.Jigglypuff- (Secret)

(MEWTWO IS OUT BUT IS NOW A POKEBALL)

-Fire Emblem-

21.Ike

22.Marth- (Secret)

(THERE IS A BOSS INVOLVING A BLACK/PURPLE DRAGON AND A MAN RIDING IT LIKE A HORSE)

-Mother-

23.Ness- (Secret)

24.Lucas

25.Pokey- (Secret) "Is in a small spider mech"

(PORKY IS THE BOSS)

-F-Zero-

26. Captain Falcon - (Secret)

27. Deathborn - (Secret)

-Zelda Series-

28.Zelda

29.Link

30.Ganondorf- (Secret)

-Metroid-

31.Samus/Zero Suit Samus

(RIDLEY IS A BOSS)

-Others-

32.Alexia Rovias - (Secret) - "Eternal Darkness"

33.Ice Climbers

34.Mr. Game & Watch - (Secret)

35.Mike Jones - (Secret) - "Star Tropics"

36.Geno- (Secret)

37.Captain Olimar

38.Dr. Lobe - "Big Brain Academy AND Brain Age"

39.Alice- (Secret) "Balloon Kid"

40.Pit

41.Takamaru - (Secret)

42.Rainman- (Secret) "Hanafuda"

43.Sonic - (Secret)

44.Pac-Man - (Secret)

45.Bomberman - (Secret)

46.Snake - (Secret) Roster?

Even if it is false what does everyone think about it? With the Japan release date getting closer the full roster will be leaked soon enough.

Dark Samus would be cool, he/she has enough powers to make him/her different.

I wouldn't want to see any of the other Hunters from either of the games playable. I would like to see all of them as assists though.

Same for me. If Ridley end up being a boss, Dark Samus is the only one I can see playable with

her duplication as a final smash

The hunters are too insignificant for the Metroid Series, especially the DS ones considering they have no personality, a two line background, and came from a quite crappy game which don't represent at all the Metroid series. The only I can imagine being playable is Weavel since he's the only one from space pirate species having a name.

INSERT EPIC BULL SHIT HERE.

Hahahha, that list couldn't be any more bull shit if it even tried.

Not only the characters, but there are plenty of faults with that list. Metaknight and Dedede are part of Classic Mode fight, yet they're both unlockable?

Also, Emasher, the Metroid is already confirmed as an Assist Trophy. Check one of the commercial spots I posted a while back.

So if the Americans get it in March are we looking at May? Maybe even the June time-frame that one of the Nintendo PRs let slip?

Argh goddamn the Japanese, there's no way I'll be able to stay away from spoliers (secret characters).

So if the Americans get it in March are we looking at May? Maybe even the June time-frame that one of the Nintendo PRs let slip?

Argh goddamn the Japanese, there's no way I'll be able to stay away from spoliers (secret characters).

I hope not. It will be impossible to avoid spoilers for that amount of time.

Not only the characters, but there are plenty of faults with that list. Metaknight and Dedede are part of Classic Mode fight, yet they're both unlockable?

Do you mean the Subspace, because I though classic mode is just where you battle opponents one after another and on the Dojo it only shows a picture of Link unless I'm missing something.

I think it is possible that you unlock characters through the Subspace Emissary as you reach their 'chapter' in the story.

I dunno, it's an interesting list, i don't believe it, but it's fun to look at all these apparent leaks as the release date gets closer, they'll all be proven right or wrong in just under two weeks.

Do you mean the Subspace, because I though classic mode is just where you battle opponents one after another and on the Dojo it only shows a picture of Link unless I'm missing something.

King DeDeDe is the one (together with Bowser) you fight in the first event match which confirms him as a starter for me.

I think it is possible that you unlock characters through the Subspace Emissary as you reach their 'chapter' in the story.

I dunno, it's an interesting list, i don't believe it, but it's fun to look at all these apparent leaks as the release date gets closer, they'll all be proven right or wrong in just under two weeks.

I was talking about this picture

various11_071030c.jpg

What I understood from the update was that this battle may happen in the first go, since the combination of Kirby World + 3 CPUs at once was not too difficult to come across.

That would mean that you may get to fight 2 secret characters the first time you play the game. Why would they be secret, then?

Also, more proof for the fakeness of the list. You can fight Dedede on Event 1. If he was unlockable, that wouldn't make much sense.

Oh yes the events, that makes sense. I did question whether Dedede and MK would be unlockables when I saw the list but I'm glad you've proven it wrong.

i think they are going to have to bring Mr.Game and watch back he just fits the smash bros. series

I'm ecstatic Olimar was unveiled as a playable character, really hyped me for the game, my only gripe with him being... the Pikmin are really low poly... I mean, look at the flower on that one screenshot... surely they could have stuck a few extra polygons in there to make it look a little smoother, the body itself you tend not to notice, but the flower...

I'm going to have to ban myself from all smash bros related info until release... imagine the surprise if I was playing and suddenly Olimar was unlocked... if he is unlockable, I really ruined that surprise.

Snake: Final Smash

Grenade Launcher

Snake’s Final Smash is the Grenade Launcher.

snake_080110a-l.jpg

What is he calling in...?

snake_080110b-l.jpg

Suddenly he does a great jump!

snake_080110c-l.jpg

Choppa-choppa-choppa!

Snake grabs the rope ladder the helicopter drops and takes out his grenade launcher!

So, the thing to do is shoot, right?

snake_080110d-l.jpg

Poom! Poom! Poom!

You control the targeting reticule and press the attack button to fire grenades one at a time. There are six rounds, and when you run out...

snake_080110e-l.jpg

...he loads a new clip? How can that be?

It ends when you shoot 12 rounds or run out of time. Snake then climbs back up to return to battle.

snake_080110f-l.jpg

Yep. He makes his exit.

It’s probably better to just shoot all your rounds rather than run out of time leaving ammo behind...but if you just shoot indiscriminately, your shots may be dodged.

When there are two or more enemies, it might be a good idea to hit one while he is being attacked by the other, or something along those lines.

[/Quote]

I was just thinking to myself this morning that we still had to get Snake's Final Smash and here it is. It's a bit dissapointing though, I was hoping for some kind of Metal Gear that attacked the others.

I think I like his final smash more because it seems to obscure everyone else's view more than the attack itself, but yeah, i was expecting something...bigger and mecha like I guess, I'm sure it'll be good though.

I kinda like it. It's a First-Person Rocket Launcher. What would Snake be without a First-Person Weapon?

Mmm, nice butt...

Anyway, seems like a nice attack, though not my kind of thing since I'm horrible with aiming shots.

Now just to wait for Olimar's Final Smash.

Mmm, nice butt...

Dear god Eenuh :p

Atleast fancy the guy who does his voice acting.

hayter.jpg

Oh yeah....

On a level like Hyrule Temple this would truly suck :heh:

But yeah, i'm liking the update. Quite imaginative :)

Dear god Eenuh :p

Atleast fancy the guy who does his voice acting.

hayter.jpg

Oh yeah....

Meh, he looks kinda weird.

Besides, if people get to drool over Zero Suit Samus, I think I'm allowed to stare at Snake's butt. ;)