NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

If you mean the alphabetical one, that one was messed up already to begin with.

I mean the "Original - Melee - Brawl - Systems" sorting.

I'm not too bothered. I never liked Pikmin, and he seems rather useless. However, I also think he can be powerful when mastered, like Ice Climbers or Game&Watch in Melee.

I still think Pikmin should have been an AT, though.

It seems now that there are 24 characters in the starting roster, which I guess is final now.

However, I also think he can be powerful when mastered, like Ice Climbers or Game&Watch in Melee.

Lol.....what? What are you basing this off? We know nothing about him.

I mean the "Original - Melee - Brawl - Systems" sorting.

It doesn't have to be systems. I still think it's Original - Melee - Brawl. But we'll have to see whether that DS icon will get a character.

wow....and i thought he'd end up as an AT. This morning has been a good morning. I love the albino pikmin.

It seems now that there are 24 characters in the starting roster, which I guess is final now.

Who says that none of the characters we know about will be unlockables? I'm not expecting all 24 to be playable from the start.

I'm still hoping for Ridley to be announced, and Falco, Captain Falcon, Mewtwo and Ganondorf to be included.

I'm not expecting our release date for a while, though, at least for a month or two when NOE announce their Q2 lineup (if it's even on there...).

Who says that none of the characters we know about will be unlockables? I'm not expecting all 24 to be playable from the start.

Well, I assume that Sakurai doesn't 'spoil' it by announcing unlockables, as he stated his concerns over this in the update about online brawling.

Lol.....what? What are you basing this off? We know nothing about him.

The keyword is think. We know he is weak alone, without his Pikmins, as is Popo or Nana without the other, hence the comparison.

Great addition, strange execution?

Okay, so this is a dodgy one.

In Pikmin, you pick them from the ground and its easy to tell their colours.

In Smash bros, there are 6 Pikmin and only a few attacks. Just how are you going to know what you're picking? Other than that, i have no concerns! :)

So, we basically have one franhise left according to that strange... number guide thing.

I really can see the DS logo getting a character with some strange "make your own" kinda character. But with set attacks. The last franchise? Maybe Golden Sun? God i hope so :( I really want a Nintendo RPG death-a-thon between Golden Sun and Fire Emblem.

BEST UPDATE EVER

I reallly hope he's decent; PLEASE be decent, PLEASE.

Hopefully his entrance animation will explain why he's grown for Brawl. ;)

He probably lands in his spaceship and it zaps him into being big...or maybe a Mega Mushroom just falls on him, haha; that'd be funny.

Anyway, it should show him growing bigger, due to the reasons Mike said.

It takes place on a future Earth where humans are extinct. The first Pikmin sized Olimar with a British 50p, too.

Actually; in the second Pikmin game you go back to places you went to on the 1st, and the land has been transformed by human activity.

Great update! Just proves that they are thinking about including every great Nintendo characters, whether it's a playable character or an AT...

I'm still hoping for either Mega Man or Viewthiful Joe...!

The keyword is think. We know he is weak alone, without his Pikmins, as is Popo or Nana without the other, hence the comparison.

1. The plural for Pikmin is Pikmin.

2. They're only weak by themselves on Smash Bros. They could've just made them "Ice Climber", but they didn;t.

You still know nothing about Olimar on Brawl; so we still don't understand what you're on about.

Great addition, strange execution?

Okay, so this is a dodgy one.

In Pikmin, you pick them from the ground and its easy to tell their colours.

In Smash bros, there are 6 Pikmin and only a few attacks. Just how are you going to know what you're picking? Other than that, i have no concerns! :)

He probably just uses different pikmin for different attacks. Kind of like G&W where he uses different games.

I assume Olimar will have his cool punch combo from 2 and stuff though. And he should be able to throw Pikmin away from him and call them back ^_^ That'd have to be done properly to work fairly and not be shit though.

1. The plural for Pikmin is Pikmin.

2. They're only weak by themselves on Smash Bros. They could've just made them "Ice Climber", but they didn't.

You still know nothing about Olimar on Brawl; so we still don't understand what you're on about.

1. Okay.

Without Pikmin, Olimar can’t even do a Smash Attack. And the short-lived Pikmin tend to scatter.
That makes me guess he's weak alone, and you have to be careful about the Pikmin not scattering; if they do, he can do just about nothing (that is my interpretation of what is said).

No, I don't know anything about him but I can guess, can't I? I said, he might be powerful when mastered, just like Ice Climbers are, suggesting he's hard to get used to.

I'm really loving these "assisted" characters such as Olimar and the Pokémon trainer. It really gives a great spin on the fighting.

i don't think they do everything, i think he uses them just for attacks and taunts.

Which is mostly everything. :heh:

Tomorrow must be a Special Moves Update of Olimar. I'm curious now.

Also, the icons are not in alphabetical order.

People tried to find an order, but they had to change the names too often (LoZ being named Link or Rinku is just an example).

I never expected Captain Olimar to be playable. Which just proves that my expectations about characters are worth absolutely nothing. :p

About the Fighting Alloys, do their models really have to be those of other characters? Can't Nintendo have gone a little original and made specific models for them? And if they are indeed based off other models, couldn't they have been based on some of the Subspace enemies? Unless THEY'RE based off OTHER character models ...

I guess I'm just trying to say I couldn't care less. :p

Tomorrow must be a Special Moves Update of Olimar. I'm curious now.

I guess his down+B will be pulling out a pkimin from the ground which will be the move to often use. His attacks and stamina are probably pikmin-dependent kinda like the Ice Climbers ones.

I'm so happy Sakurai give us original characters for Brawl: first, flying characters

then pokemon trainer and now Olimar, while also including fresh moves for more classic characters (Wario's bike, Dedede's waddle dee,...).

Loving this. The Pikmin world theme arrangement is particularly lovely.

Yay, Olimar! Always wanted him in as a character, but as time as gone on I expected it less and less, so good to see him in there :D

He plucks Pikmin from the ground and they fight as his allies.

That would suggest to me that the Pikmin work kinda like Peach's down B move. He can pluck them out, and the more he has out the more powerful his attacks are (with a limit, obviously). But, even a small attack will send one out. That way, he has to balance getting Pikmin into his team, and protecting the ones he has, with attacking. Kinda like Samus or DK have to try and get out the way to charge up, so will Olimar.