NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

my bet's with megaman, in his original form from the NES prolly, I think it'd be cool if he was megaman.exe though

Cmon, Sonic and Snake are already more than enough as guests.

Megaman or Bomberman would be okay as assist trophies but no more than that.

Smash is not a party where anyone can get in.

Cmon, Sonic and Snake are already more than enough as guests.

Megaman or Bomberman would be okay as assist trophies but no more than that.

I totally agree!

However, it's long been rumoured (since when and where I have no idea) that there would be three third party characters in the game! We have two!

Retro, there's always Pacman's 3D incarnation (which I really, really hope isn't included).
Same! Couldn't ever see 3D Pac-Man making it in!

Agreed but Megaman is not anyone.

Third party characters from new compagnies will be playable characters or won't be in. If a compagny has already one playable character, then we can have third party assist trophies from their games.

Sakurai stated he'll try to add a couple more of third party characters so Megaman is the second best choice after Sonic since he is a true videogaming icon and made most of his way on Nintendo consoles.

Mog (with dancing moves) would be awesome as a Squaresoft representative. Black mage is the only other FF character I can see in. I feel main characters from a specific FF game too restrictive and not really emblematic of the serie.

I Would like the Crash Bandicoot, that would be awesome ^^

Not gunna happen. For two reasons:

1, He's an epic fail of a mascot.

2, No one outside of the Western part of the whole have ever heard of him.

1up were joking about Master Chief being in the game! lol!

Seriously though I expect Dr.Robotnik so Sonic can have a rival from his own universe.

I think though we should try and stick with ninty characters...this game after all is a Nintendo fanboy service...sure chuck in the odd third party character but it shouldn't be an integral part of the experience just a tasty side dish to relish...

Seriously though I expect Dr.Robotnik so Sonic can have a rival from his own universe.
You expect Robotnik to be playable?! No Way!

He has an outside chance of being a Story Mode boss, it depends if they incorporate third party characters into the Story Mode.

There is also a chance he could be an assist trophy I suppose.

I sure there won't be any other playable Sonic characters in Brawl.

If there were to be [which there won't], it should either be Tails or Knuckles...

Knuckles could join the 'gliding characters',

as could Tails, who could use his Tornado plane as a Final Smash!

Not gunna happen. For two reasons:

1, He's an epic fail of a mascot.

2, No one outside of the Western part of the whole have ever heard of him.

Actually, that's not exactly true. Before Melee was announced, many fans (mostly japanese) sent their suggestions for characters they would like to see.

Among the Third-Party suggestions, Crash had a respectable position (about 5th or 6th). Goes to show how popular he was in the 32-Bit era. His PS games were rather good.

Of course, nobody mentioned him for the Brawl poll. And that was after the 3rd party possibility was announced. Goes to show how far he's fallen in the 128-Bit era.:heh:

Megaman far more deserves to be in then Sonic or Snake. I mean, people don't even asscociate Snake with Nintendo consoles, so while it's cool we get him being a great gaming icon and stuff it feels a bit unfair putting him in what is at heart just a huge Nintendo fan wank.

Sonic is far more suitable in some ways, although he's not really Nintendo he does represent a huge part of their history, as their number one gaming rival. Although his appearances on the Nintendo consoles have been passable I can see the justification.

However megaman has had God knows how many appearance on a Nintendo console, and was one of the characters who distinguished theirselfs during the 2d days. You could easily put Megaman's side scrollers along side Sonic and Mario, it just went completely tits up when we entered the 3d gaming world. Still, he's always a characters I instantly put next to the NES and someone who could easily pull of a full move set.

I'm praying for Megaman from here on in if there is another third party character. If he gets in he'll be there for having a host of quality games on Nintendo consoles, something the other two can't really claim to have.

Sonic is far more suitable in some ways, although he's not really Nintendo he does represent a huge part of their history, as their number one gaming rival. Although his appearances on the Nintendo consoles have been passable I can see the justification..

well he started on mega drive then dream cast then gamecube then ds then wii (360 and ps3 sadly count)

This guy needs to show up and kick ass on behalf of Square, although i wouldnt mind seeing Donkey Kong drive a Chocobo face first into the ground

mog1.jpg

Personally, I'd like this guy to represent Square Enix if they were to get a third party character in:

Crono.jpg

(Crono from the SNES game Chrono Trigger for those who don't know him.)

Ah, a guy can dream.

Personally, I'd like this guy to represent Square Enix if they were to get a third party character in:

Crono.jpg

(Crono from the SNES game Chrono Trigger for those who don't know him.)

Ah, a guy can dream.

hehe, he reminds me of trunks from DBZ, lol

Has Lucas been in more than one game? ::shrug:

If not, it strengthens the possibility of Geno being the last remaining playable character, due to high demand in Sakurais survey.

Although, i'd much prefer Megaman as the final third party character, as I and many others have said all along, Sonic & Megaman for Brawl.

Samus vs Megaman, the ultimate battle of the arm cannons!

My idea for Megamans stage in Melee is as follows:

The design would be based on the 1st stage of Megaman X and its flat nature (there'd be a few elevated areas) could make it the perfect battle arena for the game. Cars would drive by on the flat surface, you'd have to jump over them while in battle and then occasionally those blue droid enemies drop down on the stage, shoot missiles at you as well as those purply yellow flying things that destory large chunks of the road that are permanetly gone until so much is damaged, recovery is impossible so portions appear back again, and also those huge blue helicopters shoot at you and you have to avoid the bullets to avoid taking damage similar to the Corneria stage. In terms of music the stage would feature a reworked version of the music from that 1st stage.

Below, I've provided screen grabs showing the aspects of the level I referred to that could possibly be incorporated into the actual stage in Brawl:

mm1hg3.jpg

mm2lt8.jpg

mm3sr7.jpg

mm4si5.jpg

One of the two has become a reality, if Megaman were to be in, i'd be fully content with the character list, except making Little Mac an assist, i'm disappointed by that as I do not understand the logic behind not having Nintendos greatest fighter as a playable character, a themed boxing ring stage like the NES game would've been ace, but nothing major I suppose considering it leaves the door open for a sequel on Wiis successor. I'll be even more annoyed if they do not incorporate Poltergust 3000 into Luigis moveset and have a Luigis Mansion stage with a reworking of that repetitive song played throughout the whole game, or if there really is no Ness...

hehe, he reminds me of trunks from DBZ, lol

Same artist.

Crono.jpg

This is Blue Dragon, notice any similiarities? ;)

bluedragon_large.jpg

People got me thinking...it is perhaps likely that we would see a Square-Enix character considering the blossoming relationship we have seen in recent years and their high level of support for DS etc... I'd expect someone more minor though, we aren't going to see Cloud for example...

I CAN'T BELIVE THAT I ONLY JUST FOUND OUT SONIC IS IN BRAWL!! OMG, AWESOME!!!

*Ahem* Sorry, I got a bit carried away there, lol. I really really can't wait for this now. ^^

Actually, that's not exactly true. Before Melee was announced, many fans (mostly japanese) sent their suggestions for characters they would like to see.

Among the Third-Party suggestions, Crash had a respectable position (about 5th or 6th). Goes to show how popular he was in the 32-Bit era. His PS games were rather good.

Of course, nobody mentioned him for the Brawl poll. And that was after the 3rd party possibility was announced. Goes to show how far he's fallen in the 128-Bit era.:heh:

Yep; and all because Naughty Dog sold him.....it'd be like selling your children:wtf:

The same happened to poor old Spyro too and whoever owned him, poor bastard.

Can you imagine if we had had any of these updates, and Smash Bros was released just like any other game. There'd be sooooo many new things at once, it would be rediculous.

STADIUM: Home-Run Contest

What is the Home-Run Contest? It’s a competition to see who can hit Sandbag the farthest in just ten seconds!

various08_071016a-l.jpg

You see Sandbag and a character on the platform.

At the start, it’s just you and Sandbag.

Then you just beat Sandbag silly, filling up his damage meter.]

various08_071016b-l.jpg

There’s only a 10-second time limit!

Grab the Home-Run Bat on the ground and do a smash attack with it before the time runs out!

various08_071016c-l.jpg

THWACK! You launch him!

various08_071016d-l.jpg

Fly! Flyyy!

various08_071016e-l.jpg

Compete for the longest distance.

Flight distances are recorded for each character. Go! Break the record! Set your own!!

But this time... there are four differences!

1: The stadium platform is protected by a shield.

various08_071016f-l.jpg

Whoa! This nice feature keeps you from falling.

If you don’t put some force into it, you won’t break through the shield, so you can pummel Sandbag to your heart’s content. This will surely allow you to string together some new combos.

2: Two players can play together.

various08_071016g-l.jpg

Incredible! Two can enjoy it!

As a tag team, you can challenge yourselves to set even greater records. You’ll have to work perfectly together, though.

3: Two-player alternating play.

various08_071016h-l.jpg

Compete for distance in two matches!

It’s just like a real track and field event. You compete to see who can send Sandbag flying the farthest.

4: Online competitions.

various08_071016i-l.jpg

You can’t tell from this shot, but this is an online match.

This option can be found under With Friends. And it supports both the two-player cooperative and two-player alternating modes.

This is some rather rich functionality. This mode alone could take up a lot of your time. Amazing, isn’t it?[/Quote]

Great to see this back, and they've really expanded it. I loved this mode in Melee and spent a lot of hours on it! Awesome to see you can play it cooperatively as well. It would be great if Board The Platforms and Target Test are in as well with the same options like coop.

I vote Sandbag to be a playable character!

Or at least include some item that turns a foe into sandbag for a short time.

Sandbag is the greatest character nintendo have ever created.

People ended up finding so many bugs and glitches in HRC on Melee it was a joke.

Online against strangers this wouldn't even be fun.