NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

I really hope the characters have alternate costumes aswell as palette swaps. I want to play as Ike in his promoted form

Indeed I did. I believe that its been an injustice hes not been a playable character in the Smash Bros series. Little Mac singlehandely is Nintendos greatest ever fighter. Period. Unlike more popular Nintendo heroes such as Link and Samus, Little Mac doesn't need weapons/projectiles to defeat his enemies. He fights the proper way using his bare fists. He is a testament to the little guy conveying the message that you need not be big to be successful and he is an absolute legend because of it.

I think you're taking this a little bit too seriously.

assist10_071018f-l.jpg

WHY IS HE NOT PLAYABLE SAKURAI WHy!!!??? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I feel your pain. I was already sad when Jill was deconfirmed. At this rate, I'm starting to feel that Muddy won't make it in. At all.

Ridley is still the one I want the most, but Muddy is the one with lower chances.

I think it would be hard to make a whole moveset for Lil Mac in the sense of it being varied. A lot of his moves would involve punches, let's just say he gets Petey's specials then what's left for his A moves? More punches, his Up+A would be an uppercut as well?

They could have chosen to add some kicks in as well, but I think this would ultimately make a bit of a boring character as he doesn't really have any really flashy moves.That's maybe why he didn't make it, but still just my opinion.

I forgotten to tell folks that there is a SIN & PUNISHMENT Character Assist Trophie that was talked about in hand-ons.

What about... EarthWorm Jim? :D

Is elasticity and the pistol would be awesome :D

I think it would be hard to make a whole moveset for Lil Mac in the sense of it being varied. A lot of his moves would involve punches, let's just say he gets Petey's specials then what's left for his A moves? More punches, his Up+A would be an uppercut as well?

They could have chosen to add some kicks in as well, but I think this would ultimately make a bit of a boring character as he doesn't really have any really flashy moves.That's maybe why he didn't make it, but still just my opinion.

Agreed. I think he would have been a poor playable character.

Yeah tbh most of his moves would be the same, especially his air moves...you wouldn't really get much variety.

WAVEDASHAN is 100% removed, it's simply impossible to perform due to dodging no longer being controllable (it is now based on your momentum). Wavelanding and L-canceling are also out, apparently.

Bowser has been vastly improved. He's very powerful.

Fox and Peach have been nerfed (**** YEAH). Fox can triple short-hop laser, Peach's down smash is no longer broken.

Samus can no longer missile cancel. The Charged Beam is not that powerful.

Directional influence is even more effective.

Edge sweetspotting has been made ridiculously easy.

Sonic is hard to use, not as good as he seems to be.

Game speed and pace is overall slower than Melee. It's likely going to play VERY differently.

don't know what people know, but i just talked to Gimpy and some Oregon people on the phone who have been playing a Brawl demo setup for 1v1 with the classic controller, here's what they've said so far:

No wavedashing and no wavelanding

Airdodging is like how we predicted, just go with momentum,

Fox can SH triple laser.

Fox can jump out of shine, but it requires that you hold down and B, you can't let go or he'll go into a different animation, hold down and b and then jump.

Bowser is hardcore.

Claw is ridiculous

Bowser will probably be top tier

Up+B out of shield is same, just as powerful.

Samus has a dark suit red visor, Fusion suit, Sonic costumes are recolors of blue, Fox has a starwolf outfit. Diddy Kong has Dixie Kong outfit without the hair, Bowser has a golden costume, made out of gold.

Mario's fsmash is so slow,

Samus can't missile cancel, animation doesn't stop, hard to do though.

Bomb jumping is tough, hitting bombs not directly on top of them knocks you to the side.

If you die as zero suit, you stay as zero suit, you can't automatically be zero suit like changing from Zelda to Sheik at the beginning of a round.

Samus charged shot isn't strong, peach was shot with it fully charged at 87% didn't kill.

Can catch edge even if you're facing wrong way, edgehogging is easy. Edgehogging will be the new edgeguard of choice, characters ‘click’ to it.

Peach is nerfed.

Peach’s dsmash is nerfed, no range

Float canceling not sure

Peach seems heavier

Sonic, not as good as you expect

moves don't have much knockback, kind of 'loose',

all the new chars, he's least popular, hardest learning curve

Do an aerial that has forward momentum and when you land it’s almost the same as a waveland. Certain moves / aerials have less friction/traction,

DI is more pronounced, you can get out of stuff a lot easier, takes knockback easier, can survive until 150.

L-canceling is not in as far as we can tell.

How does the game feel: Feels slower, definitely, on classic, feels awkward, accidentally jump alot, can't SH on the wiimote, everyone is so floaty. Brawl plays really differently, it’s awkward for now because not used to it. Not a lot of lag for moves, maybe lag lowered for sake of demo.

I'm here at the E for All PRes room and I've just played 3 rounds of SSBB. What details do you want me to find out for you?

Here are my reports in Ike:

Definitely slower than Marth...maybe even Roy. Partially due to gamespeed being lowered from Melee.

Foward Smash Attack is a huge two handed swing that leaves you open for a long while. Not, good in that respect.

Down+Special equals counter. Can counter projectiles too, according to Nintendo rep but I don't know if he'll bat it back or not. He flashes blue when he performs it.

Foward + B is a rush attack and it can be charged.

B (special) standard is something similar to Marth/Roy's standing special and can also be charged.

Up+B is Aether. Similar to Kirby's attack except he throws his sword up and stays on the ground until the sword reaches the peak of the thrown, then he brings it down like the latter part of Kirby's up+b special. it's cool in that you can safely attack aerial attackers with this but you're open on the ground during the animation the whole time.

Dodge is quick, and good. His back roll isn't a roll, rather, it's like Mewtwo's backdash. Not sure on front roll.

His final smash is "Shinkuu Aether." Starts out like Aether except he continously attacks the person in the air and then sends the person slamming down onto the floor before Ike follows on top with a finishing blow.

I'll try to be more specific as to Marth and Roy differences on next play through. Marth users will be dissapointed at Ike's speed and how long his smash attack leaves him open.

Dante spoiler that stuff all I want to know now are the site updates please :P

Dante spoiler that stuff all I want to know now are the site updates please :P

Happy now Hellfire?

Can I leave this bit out?

Samus Costumes: Dark Suit - Red Visor. Fusion suit.

Sonic Costumes: Blue Colours

Fox Costumes: Starwolf outfit.

Diddy Kong Costumes: Dixie Kong without the hair

Bowser Costumes: Golden Statue.

No wavedashing and L-cancelling makes me a sad panda.

I don't know what the heck these are, so not fussed really. May be once I see what are on a place like Youtube or something my stance might change...

Well, they're not that important or necessary. They're hidden techniques "professionals" use. I'm not too fussed, but they did add quite a fair bit to Melee and seeing them absent is disappointing. But in another way, I'm kinda glad, I don't want Brawl to just be an online Melee, I want it to be it's own game (even if I find it worse).

Diddy Kong Costumes: Dixie Kong without the hair

What?? I need to see this! It sounds... horrendous. :shakehead

I wonder what the Friday megaton update will be. They're always my favourite ones as generally they save the most exciting ones for Fridays :D

No wavedashing and L-cancelling makes me a sad panda.

makes me a very happy panda

I never wavedashed, i never wanted to, i find that using glitches in games to win as a form a cheating, you're not playing the game they way it was meant to be played, kinda like K-style in GunZ, so i'm actually glad they removed them ;)

Well, they're not that important or necessary. They're hidden techniques "professionals" use. I'm not too fussed, but they did add quite a fair bit to Melee and seeing them absent is disappointing. But in another way, I'm kinda glad, I don't want Brawl to just be an online Melee, I want it to be it's own game (even if I find it worse).

I used them once in a while, but i'm happy they're gone, because now we got a whole brand new game to explore for new techniques and the like.

Peach's Final Smash today. I suppose now we've had these recent playtests, we're bound to get one or two days a week like today and yesterday, where we don't get anything new (apart from official screens / art).

I'm pleased that wavedashing has been removed, as it'll mean I won't get beaten quite so often online. :D Saying that, though, I'm sure there'll be more advanced techniques that people will find in Brawl.