NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

So I bought the PAL version but I won't use it until I've unblocked at least ROB.

So be cautious with your character choice just a tiny bit longer :)

edit: Not to mention that I'll have to PM everyone my new FC

So I bought the PAL version but I won't use it until I've unblocked at least ROB.

So be cautious with your character choice just a tiny bit longer :)

edit: Not to mention that I'll have to PM everyone my new FC

Meh, never play as those characters so no worries when fighting me :D

I was just trying to send a custom stage to someone and I noticed the Wii say this in the window where you select who to send to

"Points needed to send this data: 1 (20 remaining)"

What points? Not Wii Points? What does it mean... no mention of it in the manual?

I was just trying to send a custom stage to someone and I noticed the Wii say this in the window where you select who to send to

"Points needed to send this data: 1 (20 remaining)"

What points? Not Wii Points? What does it mean... no mention of it in the manual?

I'm sure it's just a cheap way of saying "you can only send 'X' amount of stuff in one day". Change the date of your wii if you wish to send more data on the "same" day. Some items use up more of these 'points' - such as photos etc... A bit stupid really but perhaps it's to stop the servers being blocked up with spammers.

Is there a trick of some kind to get "with anyone" to actually find opponents?

Is there a trick of some kind to get "with anyone" to actually find opponents?

only trick i worked out is to just ... erm.... wait :heh:

sometimes i find people after a minute, others like 5 or more

Daww... thats just unfair.

Playing through on Intense on classic mode, since i want that damn trophy.

Anyway, on the master hand, started with 3 lives took him down to 8hp and he kills me, no more lives. I'd already continued twice and i had no coins. Game over.

Me... "ohhh snap."

Wasted like 1000 coins on All star mode on intense mode. Boy that was painful.

EDIT: Less painful that losing in the resident smash bros tournament by playing a poor match due to nerves. That's true pain. Oh, and would you look at that. My hands have stopped shaking. Great. About half an hour too late :blank:

wow I see a lot of hating against Samus, Ganon and Jigglypuff! I'm shocked :o

Although I agree Samus is nerfed but she is far from bad. And the other two are(with Peach and Link) one of my favorites in the game.

I can kill with Jigglypuff! xD

wow I see a lot of hating against Samus, Ganon and Jigglypuff! I'm shocked :o

Although I agree Samus is nerfed but she is far from bad. And the other two are(with Peach and Link) one of my favorites in the game.

I can kill with Jigglypuff! xD

Samus is bad, very bad. But still playable if you abuse the charge canon (her only way of knocking people out really). Ganon is frankly shite. Dunno and don't care bout the puffball :heh:

Oooh look at that! I'm a forum aficianado! :D

well finally bought the game.. im only playing the subspace thingie right now.

I simply love that.. I don't know what I would give for, say, a new 2D Metroid game or "just" a big 2D mario Side scroller with up to date graphics..

Having played over 10 hours online and having barely touched the single player I decided to tuck into it yesterday! :D (I want Toon Link!)

SSE is really fun to play and I love capturing enemies with the trophy stand! Another thing is that the cutscenes are excellent and while I'm playing I just want to get to the next beautifully crafted cutscene. :)

I also had a go at the events mode and ramped it straight up to Hard mode which is a serious challenge ut I'm slowly working my way through them!

Samus is bad, very bad. But still playable if you abuse the charge canon (her only way of knocking people out really). Ganon is frankly shite. Dunno and don't care bout the puffball :heh:

Oooh look at that! I'm a forum aficianado! :D

Samus yes, but Zero Suit is incredibly fast and deadly i've found.

Yeah Jordan you're right, Zero Suit is crazily good. Samus is so botton tier in this game it's unbelievable; she and Falcon are the most 'nerfed' characters. Its a shame because her missiles, down smash and her charged shot were all amazing moves in melee but in brawl they are all pretty pants. None of her moves have got particulary powerful either.

What's wrong with Cpt Falcon?

Absolutely nothing, but if a character isn't as overpowered as they were in Melee then people nag. Captain Falcon can still be amazing.

What's wrong with Cpt Falcon?

Oh god where to start...

He was only good in melee because all his moves could combo into his Knee (forward air), but not only has his Knee been nerfed but hardly any of moves can even set up for it anymore. It's a shame because that's his only real killing move in brawl; although occasionally you can use a forward smash and someone might go into it.

The opening video of that just shows how much he has changed. Oh well, Marth and Ike ftw!

In other words, you'll never notice.

Yup, thought so.

Samus yes, but Zero Suit is incredibly fast and deadly i've found.

Zamus, as I call her, is my fave character and would be my main if I played consistently with her. Actually, I dont even have mains anymore, just characters I like to play as, seeing as my two mains, Ganon and Samus, have been nerfed :blank:

Oh god where to start...

He was only good in melee because all his moves could combo into his Knee (forward air), but not only has his Knee been nerfed but hardly any of moves can even set up for it anymore. It's a shame because that's his only real killing move in brawl; although occasionally you can use a forward smash and someone might go into it.

The opening video of that just shows how much he has changed. Oh well, Marth and Ike ftw!

OMG with gameplay like that, it's no wonder Falcon was nerfed. Samus on the other hand was in no way capable of A.D.D. like that. She was much more methodical and the player had to be crafty and downright shameless or a bit of a liberty (spamming of missiles and the laser to foil their recovery). Now almost none of her moves can knock you out. Zamus is stronger!

It's probably videos like this that sakurai and co. saw and made them decide to change up the gameplay to prevent this. And now we have a game where bloody ike and marth rule the roost :indeed:

In other words, you'll never notice.

Considering he can barely do anything in brawl it is quite noticable :heh:

It's strange how some characters like Marth have barely changed since melee and are still amazing (he's considered to be one of the best in the game) and almost anyone can play as him effectively, but then someone like Falcon has the same moves he did before but is so different.

Also, what does everyone think of toon link? I've never actually played as him before...is he comparable to Young Link?

I'd say he's better than regular Link. You sacrifice a little strength, range and weight for better projectiles, speed and a better aerial game. But when playing online, the importance of range is amplified, so it comes down to the player.

Well I have noticed the difference in Samus I like captain falcon better in this game :S I guess I'm just different" :P

As for Toon Link, I recently unlocked him and I find him to be amazing! Much better than Young Link( Except for the fire and ice arrows ;)) I use Toon link in the boss battles. His downward spike is fantastic for doing damage! :D

Considering he can barely do anything in brawl it is quite noticable :heh:

It's strange how some characters like Marth have barely changed since melee and are still amazing (he's considered to be one of the best in the game) and almost anyone can play as him effectively, but then someone like Falcon has the same moves he did before but is so different.

Also, what does everyone think of toon link? I've never actually played as him before...is he comparable to Young Link?

He's a bitch to fight. His attacks seem to take precedence over every one elses, his standard B hits in all directions despite it's animation and yet he's stupidly fast. In other words you'd probably like him :p