NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

I played a game on / nando's / Smash Bros. Brawl last week. I didn't play enough to figure out if its "floaty" or not (didn't really think about that til after) but I did notice that it doesn't feel as meaty. I'm actually comparing it to Smash 64 but I'm sure its similar for Melee- Pika Thunder just didn't feel like it was doing the business. It came down with more of a whimper than a thunderclap, if you know what I mean.

I keep picking up these little bits that looks like a bit of paper or something in matches, but I've absolutely no idea what they do, they don't increase my health or give me a free continue as I initally though, can anyone help?

Also, what's the best way to get 400 combined combo in Training? Any tips?

Yeah, use the stickers to put on your characters for the Adventure mode ( Subspace Emissary ). You can get through without any at all on easy but it's there to be used so for the harder modes it's fun to see the effect they have and some can produce more sticker drops within the levels to make your collection swell faster! You can only use them in the Adv. mode afaik.

As for 400 combos, it's simply a matter of selecting a smart bomb and throwing at whoever is with you in the level...instant 31-35 combo!

or get a spicy curry and hold your opponent against the wall for a 100+ hit "combo"

I used Kirby on Shadow Moses. Get Bowser against the wall, hold A for 10 seconds and leave to see your 999 combo.

Well my Wii has finally returned after its "cleaning" at Nintendo.

So anyone who hasn't added me yet -please do and send me a PM too!

SSBB 3351-5511-9651 : peace:

Well, my game just completely and utterly crashed out, was playing the coin launcher, defended against a mass of rockets when a rare trophy flew by, went after it, got hit by a rocket then boom, the game crashes in a fiery explosion with a high pitch screeching noise playing.

Bah stupid thing, first time its ever froze and its when I've collected a bunch of trophy's I didnt have.

Yeah, how do you get rarer trophies? The Dojo mentions something about shooting the other targets, but even when the gauge is all the way in the top, I still rarely get a trophy I haven't already got.

Yeah, how do you get rarer trophies? The Dojo mentions something about shooting the other targets, but even when the gauge is all the way in the top, I still rarely get a trophy I haven't already got.

Things start drying up around the 350 mark but if you save up your coins, you will get rarer trophies/stickers in the later stages. The green guage just tells you when to expect a "Blast Away" moment.

Things start drying up around the 350 mark but if you save up your coins, you will get rarer trophies/stickers in the later stages. The green guage just tells you when to expect a "Blast Away" moment.

Later stages ...? You mean I need to play for a longer time in the Coin Launcher or ...? I don't understand what you mean.

Taken directly from the SSBB Dojo:

The Coin Launcher is set up so that there is a low probability of trophies appearing that you haven’t yet collected. By defeating little groups of enemies you raise the likelihood of new uncollected trophies appearing. Therefore, trying to be sneaky and bailing out without trying to shoot down missiles or enemies will only end up hurting your chances of completing your collection.

So the more coins you have, the more ships you can down and the better your chances of getting trophies and stickers that you haven't already got the longer you play the Coin Launcher.

Taken directly from the SSBB Dojo:

The Coin Launcher is set up so that there is a low probability of trophies appearing that you haven’t yet collected. By defeating little groups of enemies you raise the likelihood of new uncollected trophies appearing. Therefore, trying to be sneaky and bailing out without trying to shoot down missiles or enemies will only end up hurting your chances of completing your collection.

So the more coins you have, the more ships you can down and the better your chances of getting trophies and stickers that you haven't already got the longer you play the Coin Launcher.

Yeah, I've read that, but what I'm wondering about is whether they mean that when the gauge is filled, the probability goes up and goes down again when the "blast away" is over, or if the probability increases each time you fill up the gauge without going down before you quit the Coin Launcher?

Yeah, I've read that, but what I'm wondering about is whether they mean that when the gauge is filled, the probability goes up and goes down again when the "blast away" is over, or if the probability increases each time you fill up the gauge without going down before you quit the Coin Launcher?

If you dont destroy the missiles, you will lose coins faster when they hit you, meaning your time in coin launcher is less. Destroy them and you get bonus points meaning you get to the blast away status faster. But basically, it's just about playing coin launcher for a lengthy amount of time, regardless of the blast away part, which should be reached anyways in your efforts to stay in the mode longe as a highlighted above.

Zelda owns sheik ¬_¬

No way...Well, maybe when an inferior person is playing Sheik then yeah maybe, but for me there is no way slow Zelda can beat my Sheik. Zelda's true power comes from hitting an opponent on a sweet spot - you can't really do that to any decent Sheik players, not with his speed.

No way...Well, maybe when an inferior person is playing Sheik then yeah maybe, but for me there is no way slow Zelda can beat my Sheik. Zelda's true power comes from hitting an opponent on a sweet spot - you can't really do that to any decent Sheik players, not with his speed.

You can if you use the distance well and time attacks. Slow characters are my forte :D Good anticipation required too.

I like semi-fast characters with good reflection, good smashes and good B-spammers = Falco

I think this is the right topic, anyone up for some games later today around 7/8 I have never played this online so might need some help :S

Lucas and Diddy Kong are both amazing, and my main people. Also I finally unlocked Sonic on about my 4th or 5th attempt, and he is rather excellent....hes ridiculously fast, I can understand why so many losers I mean people with no real skill I mean players use him.

I must get amazing with Diddy now, considering they raped Ganondorf of his effectiveness.

Lucas and Diddy Kong are both amazing, and my main people. Also I finally unlocked Sonic on about my 4th or 5th attempt, and he is rather excellent....hes ridiculously fast, I can understand why so many losers I mean people with no real skill I mean players use him.

I must get amazing with Diddy now, considering they raped Ganondorf of his effectiveness.

You would think that, but Ganon is just a little more tricky to use. It's pretty much kill them before they kill you as you move so slowly, but some moves are a sure kill before 100% just like before.

You just need to use his power/tilt moves more, his forward smash is near useless now as it covers no distance and is obvious, basically the opponent needs to walk/roll into it.

His meteor smash/aerial down + A is awesome. Just absolutely awesome is all I can say, BUT leaves you so open when you land, as does most of his moves, so you need to be careful when using it, actually careful with all his moves.

His shoulder charge move/dash forward + A, is possibly one of his best moves as it can easily kill and covers a considerate distance. Ah can't be bothered to go into the rest of him but it certainly is a challenge to win with him, but is rewarding when you do and very fun. Very dangerous with 4 fighters on the screen, but risky choice when it's set to stock instead of time.

All that said, if you come up against a [GOOD] player using a speed character 1-1 they will/should rape 9/10 times.

Exactly. Hes still okay, but they have just made some minor adjustments that ruin him. I literally ONLY used Ganondorf in Melee, and I raped with him. Hard.

His main weekness and change in this is the hurrendous up + B. Previously it was a fairly good recovery, but they have completely ruined it. It doenst go far across, and goes up barely, and it makes it very difficult to grip onto the side. Ive also found myself getting raped in 4 player brawls, where previously Id be the one dishing the pain.

Diddy will be my main now.

God, I so wanna unlock Wolf. I imagine him to be amazing...but It takes ages to unlock him (I refuse to complete subspace stupid maze level)