NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

I think we'll see online games before that, maybe even at launch. Apparently Nintendo has released the online library to developers as many (including launch title devs) have said that they are considering to include multiplayer. That most likely means the libraries are there and all depends on the time the team has to get the networking ready.

I really don't think so. Last I heard no 3rd-party launch games would feature online play. And with the three 1st-party titles we have at launch I don't see online happening with them either. Better Nintendo take their time and make sure the online play system is solid before adding it to games.

Some 3rd parties was thinking about the possibility of adding online since they have the online library now,and that was a little while ago.Japan are going online in December so i'm sure it's almost finalised.

Once a game is published can it forever not be online, or are they able to send a patch through the Wiis internet services for download where you can get online play?

Once a game is published can it forever not be online, or are they able to send a patch through the Wiis internet services for download where you can get online play?

Yes, it is possible. However, 3rd parties may charge for it.

Most of the online content would need to be on the game disc when it was published though, just leaving things like the code to communicate with the WC24 system down to a small patch. Otherwise the patch would end up being far too big for the Wii's 512Mb of storage.

It'd be cool if you could use your create Mii as a character in Smash Bros, the Miis would have a fixed set of moves though and the commentator would yell Mii when you select the character instead of the name of the character "LINK" for example...

Tony Hawks downhill jame is online as it shows on the boxart, plus other games will be patched etc.

Tony Hawks downhill jame is online as it shows on the boxart, plus other games will be patched etc.

No it is not. The official site says so.

It'd be cool if you could use your create Mii as a character in Smash Bros, the Miis would have a fixed set of moves though and the commentator would yell Mii when you select the character instead of the name of the character "LINK" for example...

I thought of that idea the other day :heh: They could have awesome moves based off the 'Wii games' :P Bowling a ball, tennis & golf smashes (linke Peach) OR they could be projectiles:heh: etc etc.

I hope they balance out all the characters this time. Peach on Melee was completely broken and SO easy to win with, and Shiek was a real pain in the ass too.

I hope they balance out all the characters this time. Peach on Melee was completely broken and SO easy to win with, and Shiek was a real pain in the ass too.

I think its good to have some lame arse characters and some strong ones. Evens the game when playing people of different abilities.

I think its good to have some lame arse characters and some strong ones. Evens the game when playing people of different abilities.

Hmm yeah...but take peach:

-Second best recovery in the game.

-Highest Air priority in the game.

-More finishing moves than any character in game (including 2 from THROWS)

-Best throws in game, with Marth a close second.

-A lot less lag compared to other 'floaties'.

- A down-smash that DESTROYS!

- Pretty good projectiles.

It's such a pain playing Peach, and sometimes even Shiek because generally you have to try alot harder to win than they have to. I wouldn't want to play Brawl online and have my record lowered because of losing to a character that is considered easy to win with.

Without turning this into another "Which ssbm character is better?" thread, again, i will just say fox is clearly the greatest.

Without turning this into another "Which ssbm character is better?" thread, again, i will just say fox is clearly the greatest.

Completely agree! He's in a league of his own lol.

Falco is a close second.

I hope they actually make Bowser good next time (and make Kirby a mix of the original & Melee), he's a cool Nintendo character, but is let down the most in Melee.

I used to not like Luigi; but I used him yest and won a few matches (all the macthes I played as him); he's AWESOME. I didn't used to like him cos he feels weak, but he's got so many great attacks; I'd only replace his coin punch move for the next one *shudder*; the horridness >_<

Completely agree! He's in a league of his own lol.

Falco is a close second.

definite wrong way round tbh ^^

Some people may disagree with me, but I'm all for clones of existing characters. Imagine Wigglytuff: a fatter, slower but insanely more powerful jigglypuff, like ganon but with 5 jumps.

definite wrong way round tbh ^^

Lol!

na, if you mastered every character, Fox would win no doubt. Infinite combo ttm :D

I'm going off of the official boxart

What official boxart? None has been released.

I'm going off of the official boxart

There's no official boxart of it,only the DS version is online,not the Wii.