NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Yea you can see cloud in a few pics,pretty obvious but it appears that Cloud is pretyt popular,though that screen is old.I demand a new one with Cloud in it.

ive lost much faith in every console..i have ps2, xbox and gamecube..each bought for a few major games of major franchises (yes i like using big words ^^) final fantasy, smash bros..zelda! and bleach and dragonballz..they are my life on consoles now.. for all other games apart form ds ones (luv ds!) i dont really care, but i got all tingly when i found this forum with mentioning of bleach and all the others! Wii is gona be excellent.

oh ab out that sheik being good..i hate her, so rubbish to use.

Falco

Link

Falcon/gannondorf my best characters ^^ if it was online it would be so cool to fight you all lol

That is so awesome :P

The amount of Sony fanboys that I know who would buy a Wii just to play as Cloud in Brawl (if hes in Obv) is ridiculous!

That's why Cloud should be in the game. More income for nintendo = more/better games for us. And Cloud would be cool in the game.

So, how many of you guys keep tracks in melee using the profiles thingie?

I use it for every single friend of mine who plays the game, since i got the game on it's day 1. It's fun to make comparisons with them, after hundreds of playtime hours.

Ok it happened again. Remember when I said that the "Crazy" Hand popped out when I was playing the "Master" Hand, and how I was surprised because it never happened to me. Well today I was playing in Adventure mode. At the end when I defeted Bowser, he came back up and was struck by lightning and became Giga Bowser. Has this happened to you guys, and if so what has to be done in order for this happen?:hmm:

Ok it happened again. Remember when I said that the "Crazy" Hand popped out when I was playing the "Master" Hand, and how I was surprised because it never happened to me. Well today I was playing in Adventure mode. At the end when I defeted Bowser, he came back up and was struck by lightning and became Giga Bowser. Has this happened to you guys, and if so what has to be done in order for this happen?:hmm:

beat adventure mode on normal or harder...

i dont know the conditions exactly, but i think you need to be fairly quick, and not lose any continues. and yeah, usually see giga bowser when i play.

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

anyway. as for character ideas, i do think that goku and cloud are silly ideas.

nintendo wont put characters into a game simply as a revenue raiser. if they want to haul the sony fan boys, i think they doing a good enough job with Snake. (we got mother fuckin snake!!!!!!)

and if goku somehow gets into it, mickey mouse has just as much right. WHERE DO YOU DRAW THE LINE?

in the brawl trailer, we hear snake say 'ahh, that nintendo thing'.

and that is where the line is people. we want

a) game characters.

so chars like goku, donald duck, lawnmower man, bart simpson and even robocop, who may have starred in their own game, but originated from external means.... OUT! we want none of these characters. this is a battle between the video game characters of the ages! not just a dodgy:

"who do you think would win in a fight between between the tooth fairy and the terminator? they both have their good points..."

b) nintendo stars.

otherwise we may as well put friggen master chief, tommy (gta), parappa the rappa, ratchet and clank and a sly raccoon into the game. i know that cloud may be considered 'cool' and somewhat of a 'hero' to many people... but, he is also the symbol of squaresofts affiliation to sony, and how nintendo fans will never see a 'true' final fantasy again.

for those who are still confused about this, maybe you should... i dunno. throw yourself out of a window or something.

I think it's if your on a certain level and depends on how fast you done the mode and if you died.Not 100%

nintendo wont put characters into a game simply as a revenue raiser.

Are you sure about this?

But i think you'r right, saying that Goku is not a videogame character and as Cloud never starred in any nintendo system. They should not be included.

I was really annoyed in smash bros melee that they had two marios and pikachu/pichu. Why couldnt they have other mario/metroid/zelda characters in it?

Boo ftw

I was really annoyed in smash bros melee that they had two marios and pikachu/pichu. Why couldnt they have other mario/metroid/zelda characters in it?

Yea...a Poe would be good.

Boo ftw

Yeah that annoyed me too. Ganon/Falcon and Fox/Falco was exceptable because they were so different, but there were just too many clones (Young Link was so pointless).

Beat Adventure on normal or higher in under 18 minutes to face Giga Bowser. You can tell if the bowser you fight before is black.

Anyway, if you want video game characters, Earthworm Jim wouldn't be a bad idea?

SSBB might as well have no single player for all i care.

Multiplayer all the way! Although getting all the trophies was pretty challenging :D

That's why I liked collecting the Trophies,just because it was a challenge.I hope they do something simliar in Brawl,same with the event matches.

Multiplayer all the way! Although getting all the trophies was pretty challenging :D

Yeah they were fun, i have to admit. I'm only missing 2-3.

We all know that the multiplayer in melee kicked arse.

But, nobody can deny the fact that the singleplayer in Melee bluddy owned!

I know, seriously, Melee had such a decent single player. Stuff like the Event matches, break the targets and Home Run Contest got me addicted for ages.

I love the Singel player mode,I can keep replaying it and not get bored and the fact that it had an adventure mode aswell and all those characters and with everything else,there's a hell of a lot to do.

I loved trying to get all the trophies, and also trying to get a really high record on the Home-run contest (my current record is 1333m). Can't wait to see what Brawl has to offer!

Perhaps in Brawl there could be a "damage room" where you basically had to do as much damage to the sandbag as you can within 10 seconds (the room would be surrounded by walls: no escape for mr sandbag). Probably wouldn't work but sure would be quite fun!

Perhaps in Brawl there could be a "damage room" where you basically had to do as much damage to the sandbag as you can within 10 seconds (the room would be surrounded by walls: no escape for mr sandbag). Probably wouldn't work but sure would be quite fun!

That would definitely work and i would really like to see something like that.

And more things like Hundred Man Melee etc.Great trying to beat your record,and new things like the Home-run would be a great edition.This talk is getting me in the mood to play some Melee.And I like your damage Idea,see how high you can get the %.

this may sound so bad to you lot, but how the hell do you get the bag to fly so far!!!!!!! i can only get like 300m max :| help me :P

this may sound so bad to you lot, but how the hell do you get the bag to fly so far!!!!!!! i can only get like 300m max :| help me :P

You need to use 'Bat drop combos' like the ones in this vid:

Basically, jump, press Z at the peak of your jump(to drop the bat) then use Ganons Down Air attack. The bat should hit the bag as soon as you use ganon's move on it, meaning it will take LOTS of damage but will not move. You then need to grab the bat and do again. I can't get it that far because even if I do L-cancel the attack, I don't grab the Bat in midair :weep: .

Here's another example, this time with Peach:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j1nvuhlMt0

Seriously, it's SO hard to get these type of scores (especially with peach when the chance of getting a bomb is 1/300). I don't L-cancel but still can get over 750m with a few characters, so believe!

Zell's Easy ways to get 400m+ on HRC:

-3 half charged up smashes with roy followed by a fully charged neutral B.

-Do a bit of damage, use DK's tap B (headbutt) and continuously chuck the baseball bat at the sandbag until it pops out (make sure you catch the bat in midair).

-Use Jigglypuff's air moves multiple times (experiment for max damage) and end with a rest (down b).

Using bat drop combos (like goron 3 described) make for great distance (my record for ganon is above 1000), but the average player will find that difficult. These are my easy methods of getting great distance. I think you get a trophy for getting over 450m.

Hope all this advice helps.