NEurope
Ashley

Super Mario Galaxy

Forgive me gamers for I have sinned. I haven't played this game in 3 days.Was out all Friday then over the weekend I kept playing Guitar Hero.

I'm sorry :(

Im the same. Im on 103 Stars and have yet to fight Bowser but Mario and Sonic arrived and then Guitar Hero so I havent had a chance to get back on it. Not bothered really as its lasting longer for me :)

I can only play it in weekends, so I'm going slow as well. Currently at about 50 stars. Unlocked the last set of galaxies, and the last powerup is very cool. :D

Only got 21 stars left to get :D tho I prolly would have got them by now if it wasnt for Mario & Sonic :P

Make that 16

The new Cosmic Comets really do piss me off...you have to constantly stay in right front of him to the point theres Star Bits flying everywhere. He's always long jumping and where possible you need to take as many shortcuts yourself. It really sucks. Done 2 of them...got 2 to go...they're gonna be the two stars remaining that will piss me off to no end...I can guarantee it

I have 52 stars now! i've only been playing it at the weekends! :)

I got the three Green stars yesterday! which i found challenging. :D

I'm on about 23 odd stars now. I'm rotating this and about 3 other games, and it's difficult to find the time to play all three, especially when one of the others is Resident Evil 4 (Wii Edition)

This is an incredible game, though. Miyamoto must have been on drugs when he was making this. Whatever he's on, I want some of it, and fast.

Man, I love this game! I have 70 something stars and just when I thought I had seen all the galaxies/levels in the game, BAM!, suddenly I opened something like 5 new ones! I have not even visited them. I'm talking about the Garden galaxies. And I still have 2 trial galaxies to visit, only visited one of the 3. And still 1 or 2 hungry Lumas to feed, man I still have to see some 8 galaxies.

Although I already have 70+ stars, I haven't fought Bowser yet, probably should, but am having too much fun with the rest of the game. And I'm playing through Metroid Prime 3 at the same time, I alternate between the two, you can say I've been in gaming heaven for the past week alternating between these 2 absolute masterpieces.

I coulda sworn he will be facing the way you were actually just looking when you zoom out, feel like I've used it to turn around in some tricky spots.

This is the C-up camera from Super Mario 64:

Mario_point.jpg

So is Galaxy better than 64?

FUCK YEAH!!!

Just got the 120 stars:

Luigi has spread oil under his shoes!! He's so slippery. I deid in the first level because of that.-_-

just finnished the game with 62 stars

really dissappointed because its only been 10 days and iv finished the game while it took me well over 7 months to finish mario 64 with 70 stars.

gonna go and try and get the rest. better take longer, iv only clocked like 25 hours of gameplay while clocking well over 100 hours on mario 64.

final word, its too short, expected it to last well over 3-4 months. still, best game i played in a long time (long with zeldaTP).

PS. i put mario into orbit with a yahoo jump while on a small planet, took about 3 mins before he landed again.! love doing that.

I have about 82 stars - currently playing through the Garden.

Well by currently, I mean at the weekends - as I don't have my Wii with me in uni - tis at home.

just finnished the game with 62 stars

really dissappointed because its only been 10 days and iv finished the game while it took me well over 7 months to finish mario 64 with 70 stars.

gonna go and try and get the rest. better take longer, iv only clocked like 25 hours of gameplay while clocking well over 100 hours on mario 64.

final word, its too short, expected it to last well over 3-4 months. still, best game i played in a long time (long with zeldaTP).

PS. i put mario into orbit with a yahoo jump while on a small planet, took about 3 mins before he landed again.! love doing that.

No offense, but you cant blame Nintendo or the game for that. At that rate if its true of completing Mario 64 in 7 months with 70 stars thats 10 stars a month, assuming you get only one star each time you play, you could only have played an average of once every three days. Either you're remembering wrong or you're just exaggerating the truth a bit :/

I once managed to escape a planet's gravity... and died! And it wasn't near a black hole. I was on a fava bean in Gusty Garden, did a long jump to orbit around it, but somehow Mario escaped the gravity and fell into the sky. I was like "wtf??" :wtf:

No offense, but you cant blame Nintendo or the game for that. At that rate if its true of completing Mario 64 in 7 months with 70 stars thats 10 stars a month, assuming you get only one star each time you play, you could only have played an average of once every three days. Either you're remembering wrong or you're just exaggerating the truth a bit :/

I dunno I don't remember acquring stars so quick in Mario 64 and lasting much much longer.

I dunno I don't remember acquring stars so quick in Mario 64 and lasting much much longer.

i think its mainly because many stars took too long to get or muliple attempts.

Human Memory is rarely perfect. Play through it now...it'll take you less than Galaxy. Trust me. I replayed Mario 64 DS myself a few months ago. Got all 150 Stars in 2 days

The fact is back then when Mario 64 came out, no one was used to playing 3d games so it just didn't feel so natural and easy to handle, nor was control as refined as it is now. It's incomparable to compare your first experiences in a 3d platformer, likely as a kid no less, to a modern day platformer when you already have far greater gaming skills and games have smoother and more fluid control schemes.

Galaxy is just as long as Mario 64 really if not more so, in the event anyway that you played both at the same time at the same skill level.

Oh and it's kind of annoying how people have judged length after getting like...half the stars in the game. Fact is this isn't like other games where beating the last boss means you've finished the "main game", most later and extra levels have just as high quality game design as the earlier ones, so it's just as fun to play them and they're just as important to the game as a whole, so the game isn't over in the least until 120.

i think its mainly because many stars took too long to get or muliple attempts.

That's the case with Galaxy too.

I think people are just using their nostalgia glasses to look at Mario 64. It's a great game and I love it, but I remember I finished it in less than 2 weeks. It's NOT that big. 7 months to finish 64? Your parents probably only let you play on weekends. It's IMPOSSIBLE to make ANY game last that long when you're playing everyday.

Galaxy is way better than 64. And it has more variety. Like it was already said, 64 only had 15 levels, each with 7 stars. Galaxy has more than double the number of levels with less stars per level, which I think is great. And the paths to the stars are not that shorter. The longest level I can remember from 64 is probably Tall Tall Mountain, cause it took you ages just to climb the damn thing. Tick Tock Clock, to mention another latter 64 level, is probably the equivalent of Toy Time Galaxy.

Bottom line is, Mario 64 is not that long, so if you think you're advancing faster through Galaxy it's probably because now, 10 years later, your parents no longer control how long you play per day.

Your brain is also 10 years older and you are generally better at games now, being a gamer for so long.

Try playing through 64 now, and see how long it takes you.

You can go back and complete mario 64 in about 20-30minutes. Even if you try to do it without any glitches, you still get stars VERY quickly.

might go back and see how long it takes. but after i get the rest of the stars in galaxy.

Hmm, a bit dissapointed with the

Gold Leaf Galaxy. It's just the Honeycomb Galaxy (something like that?) mirrored and reskinned.

:( Still I enjoy some of the missions.

Just got 120 stars. Some of the last ones were a bitch, but I snagged them. Mini review coming soon.

Even though this is certainly the best 3D platform game ever, does anyone think it could have done with an extra, say, 6 months just to absolutely perfect it? Just, you know, to change the bosses that come back, to redesign Golden Leaf galaxy, and just the other few little niggles? I know that it makes commercial sense to bring it out before Christmas, but even so, it just seems a bit rushed in some places, just compared to the 95% of the game that is absolute perfection.

Just got 120 stars. Some of the last ones were a bitch, but I snagged them. Mini review coming soon.

Wow good work zell! I've been busy Guitar Hero'ing whilst you've simply owned me :heh:

Look forward to seeing your review of the game, though i'm pretty sure you loved it :D