Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Ashley

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, that was known for a while. I always wondered if they did that due to lack of buttons on the Wii controller? You don't have the C-stick anymore now.

From the sounds of it, D-pad left, up and right are free.

Yep, I'd agree with everything you said there.

If MP2 had been almost exactly the same as the first game, I would have bought it and played it through and loved it. But I would have felt a little empty about it - as if I haven't experienced anything particularly new or different.

As it is, I'm really glad they made it as different as they did. The ammo system and light/dark world felt unnatural, but only because of the brilliance we were accustomed to after the first game. I like having two Metroid games that deliver quite varied experiences.

And again, from what we've seen of MP3, the control scheme notwithstanding, we're set for another different experience, which is great.

I don;t like the beams as much, and I think the visors in MP2 weren't as good either. Still a great game.

Yeah but it also lists...

Metroid Prime Hunters (2006) Samus Aran

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (2004) — Samus Aran

Metroid Prime (2002) — Samus Aran

She didn't speak in those games, probably won't in Prime 3 either!

She probably just does the sounds Samus makes when she gets hit etc...

Yeah but it also lists...

She didn't speak in those games, probably won't in Prime 3 either!

She probably just does the sounds Samus makes when she gets hit etc...

I recall reading somewhere that Samus would actually talk in Corruption, but I don't remember where. Maybe it was a rumour or perhaps a misunderstanding?

Still hoping it's not true, since Samus is way more badass when silent.

But even if she does talk, she would have a good actress behind her.

Ah, yes, the most "forced" visor ever. Seriously, it's like they ran out of ideas.

Yeah, I thought that. In the first the visors were great, and really made sense. I think they just didn't want it to be repetitive with the same stuff and all, but hey if it ain't broke...

I think Samus won't speak in this game, she will just say something when she gets hit just like in the previous Metroid Prime games. Samus is a bit like Link in that aspect, I don't want him to speak a lot as welll.

Yeah, Samus should stay in the silent hero category, leave the voices to Mario, Donkey Kong and Fox

In the most recent interviews, Retro stated that Samus will not talk in the game.

The voice acting is for the pain noises she makes.

It really is better that way. With just the ... moaning sounds :p

And Killer Kirby, I thought Mario was a silent hero as well. I don't recall a coherent dialogue line from him or from Luigi.

However, I didn't play any of the Paper Mario games, so maybe he talks there?

Mario doesnt say massive amounts but he has spoke. The famous line comes to mind..

" Its a me MARIO! " also " Welcome to Mario Kart! "

Also in Luigis Mansion Luigi constantly shouts Marios name during the game and also "speaks" in the Paper Mario games.

Yeah, but they aren't dialogue lines (except for Luigi, apparently).

Mario seems to be one of a kind. He has a voice, but he's a silent protagonist at heart. He never participates in the dialogues in the games he's in (other than the italian gibberish in the Mario & Luigi games). And the "It's-a me, Mario!" is not exactly a dialogue line.

But I better stop. This thread is starting to get off-topic.

Was the European version of Prime 1 altered in difficulty at all? I'm considering buying it as I only have the US one and it's such a pain in the ass to play it. I know Wind Waker was changed for some reason I can't remember now.

Was the European version of Prime 1 altered in difficulty at all? I'm considering buying it as I only have the US one and it's such a pain in the ass to play it. I know Wind Waker was changed for some reason I can't remember now.
I think the PAL version has the hardest difficulty level.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!