Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Ashley

I just think they have to sort out the collecto-mania at the end of the game. One thing I know you didn't have to do in super metroid before finishing the game was running off to collect a whole load of crap. Retro didn't do this once, but twice. And it better not happen three times.

MetroidPrime wasnt too bad because it gave you the specific room that you find the artifacts in and it didnt take too long, however, echoes had the 9 sky temple keys which only gave little clues and thus took ages to find.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm, now I'm confused. That is really old, and I know because I was the one who posted about this on the mainsite ages ago.

The link doesn't say anything about Metroid being online.

I didn't check the date, some guy on Digg just put a link to that article in a comment and I assumed it was recent.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the first link I posted was BS, they don't have a source or anything, they're guess is as good as anyones....

I hope it looks pretty good graphically..........the E3 Demo was alright, definately and improvement but....not much. But then again, that was early stages of development and we haven't had any new MP3 media since then =/

There was a rumor going round a couple of weeks ago that the graphics have been greatly improved upon the E3 build. Although I was hoping for that anyway as, for me, the graphics weren't that much greater than MP2.

I always expected to see Metroid before Mario anyway. Makes buisness sense to have Mario at christmas as he's more likely to sell more consoles to the casuals and hardcore gamers than Samus would.

Plus I don't want to MP3 after Halo as it would just be put into the shade. Let Samus have her time to sign in the summer.

I hope they don't exaggerate the new possibilities of the Wii too much honestly. Mario Galaxy has some sort of full scale bloom effect applied to it, which looks quite nice in a cartoony game like that, but I doubt it would do the Metroid feeling justice.

070119.jpg

Basically, Wii should be able to do anything in that cartoon except the 'bump up to HD' of course. Let's hope Retro or any developer exaggerates it as you see in some 360 games nowadays... I can't wait for new media though.

Aw man, that comic reminds me of Medieval Total War 2. Anything even faintly white looks like a freaking light bulb.

Anyway, Corruption was already looking pretty fly with some nice animation and additional effects in there. After the fantastic work Retro did with the first too, no one should fear for a lack of eye candy methinks.

I hope they don't exaggerate the new possibilities of the Wii too much honestly. Mario Galaxy has some sort of full scale bloom effect applied to it, which looks quite nice in a cartoony game like that, but I doubt it would do the Metroid feeling justice.

Basically, Wii should be able to do anything in that cartoon except the 'bump up to HD' of course. Let's hope Retro or any developer exaggerates it as you see in some 360 games nowadays... I can't wait for new media though.

gotta love overused bloom:

the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-20060324070902088.jpg

It certainly doesn't add for the realism to me. I wholly agree with that vgcats strip.

There was a rumor going round a couple of weeks ago that the graphics have been greatly improved upon the E3 build. Although I was hoping for that anyway as, for me, the graphics weren't that much greater than MP2.

The visuals will be virtually identical as most of the game is already made, if not all. They can't make a vast difference unless they alter the models and textures, which isn't going to be happening. Expect some slightly better lighting, nicer effects and animations and that kind of stuff but no big leap, definitely not.

The visuals will be virtually identical as most of the game is already made, if not all. They can't make a vast difference unless they alter the models and textures, which isn't going to be happening. Expect some slightly better lighting, nicer effects and animations and that kind of stuff but no big leap, definitely not.

Why not? They did it before, Retro will remake the entire game if its needed.

If it does come out in June or onwards then graphics should easily be updateable as the last time we saw this game was a good while ago. Or are they using this time to put in the 'not going to happen' online multiplayer!

Dont panick about graphics folks this is going to be the best Wii game ever made.

I was happy with the grpahics at the e3 show.i just want split screen multi and online.

they wont make this game as hard as Echoes and we will get the screw attack early!

brilliant.that was amazing fun in echoes

Echoes type graphics are enough for me. Have you guys seen Sanctuary Fortress lately? It's fucking gorgeous with all its moving parts! Improved textures would be welcome, but really, even if they exactly the same as Echoes, it's enough.

The bloom effects looked great in the post-E3 videos, like on the morph ball and where you have to roll past that flaming area without getting knocked in. Apart from that I think bloom is only used for the power beam shots, where it really looks great.

I've heard they're emphasising blue and orange colours, though, like how The Matrix emphasised green.

the last time we saw this game was a good while ago.

It actually wasn't that long. There was videos long after E3 of a different space station level where Samus got sucked out into space and other stuff. Coincidentally between E3 and that video Retro mentioned that we'd see a "big difference" in the visuals but they were pretty much identical to what we seen at E3, just with subtle differences.

Don't fool yourselves expecting any leap, what we saw at E3 already I figured was probably maxing out the Wii's approximate 1.5 times the power of Gamecube (You're kidding yourselves again if you think it's "2-3") so there's no way there can be a massive jump.

It actually wasn't that long. There was videos long after E3 of a different space station level where Samus got sucked out into space and other stuff. Coincidentally between E3 and that video Retro mentioned that we'd see a "big difference" in the visuals but they were pretty much identical to what we seen at E3, just with subtle differences.

Don't fool yourselves expecting any leap, what we saw at E3 already I figured was probably maxing out the Wii's approximate 1.5 times the power of Gamecube (You're kidding yourselves again if you think it's "2-3") so there's no way there can be a massive jump.

It has more than double the RAM and the GPU is 100-140% bigger. You're kidding yourself if you think it's an overclocked GC.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!