Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Ashley

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't find the game in my local Asda so I made a trip over to Toys R Us, which meant going on the bloody A1 and getting stuck in traffic! They didn't even have it there either. But they did have it in the Asda near Toys R Us so it wasn't a wasted journey.

Played for about 2hrs 20mins and i've just got my PED suit thing.

The game looks great. I've got no problems with the graphics so far.

Took a while to get used to the controls (advanced). My aiming is very poor! I charge up a shot, aim, let it go and the bleeding thing misses! I'm trying not to use the lock on.

I don't like advanced controls to much, to sensitive for me, or i'm just used to standard mode. Switched the fire and jump buttons aswell to see what that was like and i'll probably keep it like that for a while now.

I hate using it. I always try not to but for bosses I need to and sometimes when you get forced into it. I've used it over 20 times now and I really try to not use it but meh. Can't win at everything.

Got it this mornin from gamestation, my mate picked last copy up this afternoon with 2 people behind him wanting it. Don't expect it to touch pro evo sales but sales should be good methinks.

Loving this so far, gotta put it down if i can, gotta get ready to go out lol

Right, I've had a good ol' play of this now. Impressions...

It feels fucking great to be playing Metroid again. I'm getting completely sucked in by the game like I did the first two... despite the unmetroidy opening.

The opening, which feels a lot like another certain franchise that recently spawned a threequel, is nice and action-packed. Which I found a nice change. Fortunately, now I've landed on the planet beginning with B it looks like they haven't forgotten about the isolation of the first two games.

I chose veteran mode with advanced sensitivity and free aim. I'm coping with the difficulty so far and the controls I'm liking a lot, but the free aim is taking a little getting used to (seeing as I actually have to aim for once). It's certainly a nice challenge though. The motion controls such as opening doors are kinda cool, if a little needless and I kinda like jumping with the remote.

As for the graphics, they're really good, nothing too spectacular though but I don't really care much about graphics when I'm playing Metroid. Although I love the reflection of Samus' face on the scan visor and the way it warps in and out of hyper mode.

All in all, so far so good, needs to do a bit more though to get it up to Prime's and Echoes's standards.

Tried to play this again today but I couldnt get into it. This happened with the other Metroid games and I ended up not playing them for another 6 months..

*Sigh* Thats exactly what happened to me...I really want to get into Metroid Prime series but something just repels me from it, like a 'meh' feeling. But seing how you guys enjoy it, I feel like I'm missing out.

Just making my way through the first main planet. Does it remind anyone else of 'Hunters' a bit too much? I hope I'm wrong, but the way it's going at the moment, it seems like it's just following a pattern of 'fly your ship here, reach the end of the area to complete the objective, fly somewhere else'. Does it get less linear later on?

Just making my way through the first main planet. Does it remind anyone else of 'Hunters' a bit too much? I hope I'm wrong, but the way it's going at the moment, it seems like it's just following a pattern of 'fly your ship here, reach the end of the area to complete the objective, fly somewhere else'. Does it get less linear later on?

exactly what i was/am thinking as i play.

It's not as much back-tracking as in previous versions but still there'll be enough. Especially once you reach the next planet (beginning with E) you should be quite impressed.

That's okay then. I haven't reached that planet yet, but I'm about to do the third area of the planet before it, so I assume it won't take long.

The controls have really grown on me now, it really works great. Free aim while locked on was a bit hard to get used to at first but now I'm shooting like a madman while strafing :p

I got some Friend Vouchers as well, let me get my Wii code and add it to my profile, then I'll add some of you. :) If you wish to add me send a PM and I'll add you back.

I just beat the first boss of Bryyo: Rundas, it was a good boos fight not too hard not too easy. I managed to beat him in one go but when he started using Hypermode he almost got me. I used Hypermode to finish him off. Of course getting the ice missiles opened up a lot of areas and I've just got my ship upgraded for the first time.

Got it today. Loving it so far. I messed up hypermode on the boss that Zelda_Rulez is on. I'll kill him soon, just need a short break.

Edit: The controls are wonderful. Very comfortable to use and surprisingly relaxing. I'd say better than Keyboard/Mouse - I can't play PC games for hours without my hands hurting, but I can play MP3 for hours without aching. Partly because you can lounge on a sofa and don't have to sit upright.

Damn , this game just gets better and better.

Have just got to what looks like the last boss on Bryyo , and it took me a while to figure out what I was supposed to do. Although by the time I had figured it , my energy was low thanks to overdoing the Hypermode so I got my arse kicked. So far the boss battles in this game have been incredible.

As others have said , anyone wanting to exchange friend tokens then hit me with a PM as it seems that only one person on my list has this game so far :shakehead .