Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Ashley

I somehow doubt Bioshock will sell more than Metroid, it would be giving him free publicity if it was intended that way.

About that advert... I'm sure it aired at the same time the game was released, not before.

I think IGN is just bored, they must have nothing to do, I bet they still haven't got their preview copy (if they had they'd have better things to do than going to http://www.metroid.com) and since the game is 19 days away they know it's gold, so they are pissed. (and hyped)

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matts feature is interesting and reminded me of similar random thoughts I had the other day.

Have Nintendo missed out on a big opportunity here?

Ever since Wii was first announced, the first thoughts that were immediately tossed up among the gaming community were the potential of First Person games, particularly shooters on Wii. None thus far have lived up to being hailed a superior offering to conventional console shooters (PC excluded). This may be about to change with the release of MP3. But there is cause for concern. Critical acclaim is one thing, but what good is it if its not backed up by impressive sales? This is just the sort of thing that'll get developers attention, "yes there really is a market for our first person shooter game" and they may just decide to bring other quality shooters to Wii as a result using the MP3 controls as a benchmark surely equaling efforts that make Red Steel look like a concept in comparison. It's really disturbing to think that Mario Party 8 could in fact possibly outsell MP3, when it clearly doesn't deserve to...

this isn't about hype. That's the wrong word really. Like Pedro says it has that.

It isn't marketed as much as halo because it doesn't appeal to a very wide audience. If you look at the most popular games among casuals, Gta,halo,need for speed. They're all Very easy games whereas metroid isn't.

Hype can be good or bad thing but I think corruption has the right balance and I believe NIntendo will advertise this game properly but metroid will NEVER ever appeal to the casual gamer which means it will never sell as much as games like halo.

I disagree I think that Metroid appeal's to a very large demographic. (I'm not talking about the 'harcore gamer' *I hate that phrase passionately*)

Sc-fi games/movies/books have enormous appeal to people and that is really what the essence of Metroid is. Saying metroid will never appeal to the 'casual gamer' *another phrase I hate* I think is wrong. You only have to look at the popularity of Sc-fi movies, TV shows and novels in the general public to know that it has a strong and devoted following.

Metroid needs only to be Marketed as Metroid no gimics, no fancy techniques or chessy promotions. I always find the best gaming advents are those that show a plentiful amount of gameplay. Obviously this inevitably will be coupled with the exaggerated, over enthusiatic actor who has probably never played the game in his life.

I was thinking that this game doesn't get nearly enough attention as it does, considering how its set to be ground-breaking and lay FPS's (although I know its a FPA) on their back!

And hey, it seems I'm not the only one thinks so:

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/811/811682p1.html

It's a good read. And I know the Prime series has always been a reviewer critical success but been in average in sales, but this has to be marketed better

Guest Jordan
Aparently the Wii Ware section of the Wii shop channel has been updated with two Metroid prime 3 trailers..can any of you confirm if that applys to the EU/PAL Wii's also?

That can't be true? O_o

Where did you hear this?

EDIT: Nevermind, you proved it :p

Guest Jordan

Shame. When is it out here again?

Its out in a couple of weeks in the US.

I hope this happens more often, its like litte microsites on your games console :)

Shame. When is it out here again?

Its out in a couple of weeks in the US.

I hope this happens more often, its like litte microsites on your games console :)

We don't get it till 26 October. We'll probably get those vids around then too. I hope Nintendo will use this feature a bit more, it's a great way to learn more about upcoming games.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!