NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Oh yeah, maybe it was alright!...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_9GBVc18Mk

... though I still prefer the eeriness of Primes together with the graphics you see.

It was the 'Main Menu Music' that was a let down!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vDOuu86ERY

Hmm, I think Metroid Prime 2's screens are pretty much great and sort of an improvement over 1.

What i think was a step back in Echoes was the log menus... In Prime 1 you knew there was an order in which to read the logs and you could follow it pretty well. In Echoes, with those 3D menus you lost the order and it didn't make much sense... I mean, the story is told through the logs and they don't let you read them in order? That was bollocks, IMO.

Hmm, I think Metroid Prime 2's screens are pretty much great and sort of an improvement over 1.

What i think was a step back in Echoes was the log menus... In Prime 1 you knew there was an order in which to read the logs and you could follow it pretty well. In Echoes, with those 3D menus you lost the order and it didn't make much sense... I mean, the story is told through the logs and they don't let you read them in order? That was bollocks, IMO.

WHAAAAAT!! you think Echoes is a better piece of music then Primes?... Really?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vDOuu86ERY Echoes

Primes

Yeah I agree with you about the whole inventory setup in Echoes... very confusing!

Also I really didn't like the scan visor in Echoes, both the look of it and the way you brought it up, but then you had to move it around and kind of hold it to lock on to something (does that make sense? been a while since I played it!), anyways I know it wasn't as easy as Prime; why they thought it needed to be different in Echoes I don't know!

Also I really didn't like the scan visor in Echoes, both the look of it and the way you brought it up, but then you had to move it around and kind of hold it to lock on to something (does that make sense? been a while since I played it!), anyways I know it wasn't as easy as Prime; why they thought it needed to be different in Echoes I don't know!

I thought the scan visor was better in Echoes - the main difference was that in Echoes you scanned objects, not orange squares. Felt much better.

Primes

Yeah I agree with you about the whole inventory setup in Echoes... very confusing!

That's not helping you. Echoes's sounds better, and I find MP2's selection method genius, it makes menu navigation much faster.

That's not helping you. Echoes's sounds better, and I find MP2's selection method genius, it makes menu navigation much faster.

For the menus, yea. The lores and that, no.

I don't like the title screen much, in comparison to the others at least. It's the logo that does it for me, I'm not particularly fond of using 2 different fonts in a logo as it is, but 3 that clash against each other is seriously overkill, especially with the variation in kerning. Prime 2 had a pretty sucky logo as well though.

The music is pretty "epic" but it's not really as creative or unique sounding as the other 2's title screen tracks. It's more "Halo-esque".

Anyway it's hardly a bad title but the original Prime does have one of the best title screens I can think of.

Mp3:C Eastereggs from this video.

Text from the malfunction says:

text: vous mourez.s i v otre (si votre)

(French): you die.if your

BIOSv3.0 Wii Format

The "^H" is backspace. So on the Wii BIOS line, the person would be deleting "Wii Format." On the line before that the word "overrun" would be deleted. "^M" means carriage return, which I assume is Enter and the "\0" is a null character, the first character in ASCII. The %s and %d denote a character string and decimal. The \n denotes the end of the line and that the characters following go to a new line. The ^B means start of text.

text- andrayda hat sich die Gestalt

(German): andrayda the Shape has itself

It repeats G.F.S. \0G.F.S. \0G.F.S. \0G.F.S. at the end. (Galactic Federation Systems)

Kämpfen means "to struggle" in German.

The word "moriraiiiii..i" (morirai) means "to die" in second person future tense in Italian. Basically: You will die.

MetroidErrorH62.jpg

MetroidErrorH66.jpg

Primes

Well, not that one perhaps, but the one before that, the one on the title screen, not the file select screen. I like how Echoes' music "explodes" when the number 2 appears. And then you have what sounds like a guitar riff.

But overall 1 is a better game and has better music than 2.

text- andrayda hat sich die Gestalt

(German): andrayda the Shape has itself

I think that's a bad translation according to a person I talked to:

Andrayda hat sich die Gestalt = Andrayda has taken the form of

Seems to be way more accurate translation.

Now... I don't know who Andraya, but it is definitely a woman name... Also, by instance... the purple girl in some trailers is a shapeshifter (similar to mystique from X-men), and she can/does impersonate Dark Samus.

Just a thought.

wow! Some deep easter egg that one is. I would never notice most of the meanings.

That intro song sounds so awesome. :grin:

Agreed.

That has to be one of the most epic title screens....EVER!

I heartily concur!

The choral music is awesome, and the screen with all the words and numbers is great! The actually "Press A" screen is a little bland, but the music makes up for it, without a doubt!

I'm really excited about this game now!

OK....I'm worried at how long I'll just sit there messing with Samus' ship...

I'll have a look at what needs doing beforehand, and just mess with everything else. (Unless you get a chance to fiddle at other points in the game).

I'm actually going to get this game, despite that I got bored of Prime because of backtracking. The 2 things i like so far are the controls and the fact that the backtracking makes 'more sense'.

Have to admit, i'm hyped! When's the Euro release date?

I think it's the 26th of October.I better get pre-ordering soon :heh:

So it's:

Trauma Centre- August

Super Paper Mario- September

Metroid Prime 3- October

Mario & Sonic at The Olympic Games- November

Then it's between Mario Kart, Mario Galaxy and Smash to come out late November/Early December. Personally, I want Galaxy this year and Smash to come out in March.

So it's:

Trauma Centre- August

Metroid Prime 3- October

Then it's between Mario Kart, Mario Galaxy and Smash to come out late November/Early December. Personally, I want Galaxy this year and Smash to come out in March.

I'd love Galaxy this year, Smash and MK are pretty much guaranteed next year despite Nintendos previous promises.

For me it's :

Trauma Centre - August

Super Paper Mario & Dragon Wrath - September

Metroid Prime 3 - October

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Game & NiGHTS - November

Then I have Galaxy and Pokemon in there at Q4 at somepoint.Maybe Brawl will be this year but meh.

God I better start saving.

I'm actually going to get this game, despite that I got bored of Prime because of backtracking. The 2 things i like so far are the controls and the fact that the backtracking makes 'more sense'.

Have to admit, i'm hyped! When's the Euro release date?

The backtracking in Prime made pleanty of sence really though...

Trauma Centre- August

Metroid Prime 3- October

Nintendo-published games will probably be like:

August - Trauma Centre

September - Super Paper Mario

October - Metroid Prime 3

November - BWii/Forever Blue

December - Super Mario Galaxy

With DKBB shoved in somewhere

Then perhaps something like:

January - Brawl

February - Mario Kart

March - Wii Fit

With Disaster not long after.

Nintendo-published games will probably be like:

August - Trauma Centre

September - Super Paper Mario

October - Metroid Prime 3

November - BWii/Forever Blue

December - Super Mario Galaxy

With DKBB shoved in somewhere

Then perhaps something like:

January - Brawl

February - Mario Kart

March - Wii Fit

With Disaster not long after.

Yeah I've go with that pretty good plan I'd say. NoE have released a schedule which did have SMG as Q4 07 and Smash Bros and Mario Kart 08, so I'd say you list is as close as we can assume.

Ah damn I forgot about BWii.

I loved the traveling in Metroid Prime,but I thought the whole light/dark thing in MP2 was annoying cause it just got repetitive and annoying you had to go find a portal all the time.