NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

No it's not a revolution. No Wii title is ever going to feel like a real "revolution" unless they ever get 1:1 going on a high quality title.

I'm impressed so far (up to the first "proper" boss on Bryyo, very epic fight) though the game had a really slow beginning. I couldn't stand that first planet at all, even the boss fight was nowhere near as epic as I'd always thought it'd be (obviously overhyped it a bit in my head).

I'm really glad the game picked up on Bryyo as it feels like I'm playing a "Prime" game again now and not just weird off the wall first person shooter, like it was kinda feeling for that whole first section.

Got this today, and have to say so far I am incredibly impressed! I loved the old Super Metroid on the SNES, but found the GC sequels a bit maudlin. I didn't like the placing of the save points and the emphasis on back tracking, though a big part of the SNES game too, really dragged the game out unneccesarily. With that in mind I still decided to give the Wii game a shot, since the atmosphere is still unparalelled in the Metroid games.

It seems amazing to me so far, though admiteddly I'm only an hour or so in. The controls are amazing, this can't be emphasised enough for me. Again, like most Wii games they're a surprise at first and there's an acclimatising period, but they're also surprisingly easy to get to grips with, and most importantly make sense. I'd heard the first hour was terrible, but I have to say I haven't felt that at all. I think it was Edge who said that, but no, I haven't thought that at all. And the graphics are amazing. The GC games were no slouch in this regard, but the Wii game looks even better to me.

I am actually going to complete this one! Top stuff. The Wii's catalogue is really starting to take serious shape for me. Roll on Mario!

I thought the start of the game was pretty fast and thought it was really good.

I'm loving it a lot. Now I can see that this couldn't possibly be done on the GameCube.

I'm just wandering, is everyone playing on Veteran? I am as I heard normal mode is a tad too easy.

I'm at the Bryyo boss fight and the dude s seriously hard, i've died about 20 times, and still havn't beaten him.

Finished Bryyo this afternoon. I nearly died for the first time trying to blow up that first Tiamat. I didn't get how to blow it up and those space pirates were spawning to no end. Got ambushed by one at the end and made it out of the room with just 22 energy left. It was a really close call, but I made it out.

:D

Mogenar was tough, at least it took a hell of a long time to beat him, but I beat him in one go. I didn't get how to destroy the shield on his feet because I thought bombs would be too dangerous. :p Turned out I had to bomb his feet after all, was hard to do without taking damage. He only managed to get his red orbs back one time so that saved me a lot of trouble. It was difficult to shoot that last orb because it kept closing while I was in hyper mode.

The first part of Skytown is really good, the areas are huge, the first boss was a push-over though. Now I have to chase Ghor. I'm really enjoying it thus far.

I'm just wandering, is everyone playing on Veteran? I am as I heard normal mode is a tad too easy.

Yeah I'm playing on Veteran, as I heard Normal was a bit too easy. Veteran is supposed to be the normal mode of Prime 1 and 2 I think. I saw that you added me, I'll add you back when I go play again. :)

I started on normal...and it feels easy so far...only reason I started in normal was because I have somewhat laboured through previous Prime games, but I thought normal should still be something of a challenge.

I brought the game yesterday, and it's still sealed and un-played! Looking foward to play it in a few hour's time.

If anyone want's to add me, for this friend token thing please do so. I only have 2 or 3 'regular' N-E members on my Wii friend's list.

I brought the game yesterday, and it's still sealed and un-played! Looking foward to play it in a few hour's time.

If anyone want's to add me, for this friend token thing please do so. I only have 2 or 3 'regular' N-E members on my Wii friend's list.

I'm not sure if your on mine...you were in my old Wii, gonna add you if not.

Flameboy, Shadow, Darksnowman and Redshell have you got the Friedn Vouchers I sent you guys?

I played it again last night and really got into but I cant play for long on it for some reason. I managed to finish the second world at least.

What I dont like about the game is how you dont feel isolated anymore. One of the great things about the Metroid games is the feeling that you are alone and it seems to have been lost with this game. Still, I LOOOOOOOOVE the control system in this game ( apart from the awful lock on ) and I hope all other FPS on the Wii take note of it.

Flameboy, Shadow, Darksnowman and Redshell have you got the Friedn Vouchers I sent you guys?

I played it again last night and really got into but I cant play for long on it for some reason. I managed to finish the second world at least.

What I dont like about the game is how you dont feel isolated anymore. One of the great things about the Metroid games is the feeling that you are alone and it seems to have been lost with this game. Still, I LOOOOOOOOVE the control system in this game ( apart from the awful lock on ) and I hope all other FPS on the Wii take note of it.

Apparently MOH: Heroes controls are even better!:awesome:

I'll check later if I got your voucher, just watching footie now, but will look afterwards and return the favour.

I'm also playing on Veteran, though I notice it seems like all that means is bosses have a stupid amount of health that goes down really slowly with any weapons other than hypermode.

... Just started playing it today, on veteran difficulty. I suck. Died twice (so far) on the first boss thing on the space station. I don't play on Wii very much and holding Z on the nunchuck to keep targetting was really stressing my fingers out.

I'm really liking this game, i've just started the 4th planet i think it is. Wonder how much i have left to go.

I'm really liking this game, i've just started the 4th planet i think it is. Wonder how much i have left to go.

ALOT

I got a guide off amazon ( got 2 as the Metroid guides skyrocket in value ) and the main game will last you a while, especially if you are trying to get the 100% ending.

I'm aiming for the 100% ending before I go and take on the final boss. Good to see there's a lot left.

End of Bryyo

Fuck me he's a tough bastard! must have taken me 20 minutes to kill the swine - I didn't know what to do to start with and ended up with low energy before twigging you can get health. Managed to regain health slowly whilst working away on the boss and eventually beat him - my hand feels like it's gonna fall off - great fun though, next stop skytown yay!

:yay:

It took me a while to get used to the controls and the auto-aim is pretty bad but otherwise things seem to work well. I can't decide on which to use, B for jump or B for fire. :(

I've only gotten to the second planet now as I still have to complete Phantom Hourglass. It's been fun so far though I think I'm going to have to switch to veteran as I rarely replay games.

I just finished the area S** T***

Getting the Screw Attack in the Phendrana Drifts-like area was really cool. And constructing the bomb has been my favourite part of the game so far. I loved the creepy part with the Phazon Metroids, and everything involving dropping the bomb on to the Leviathian Shield was simply amazing. I have now just entered the Elysia Leviathan...

Just beat the boss at the end of Bryyo, which took four attempts. I seem to be dying really often in this, although I'd prefer that than feeling that it was too easy. I hope the proper Metroid feeling is back on the next planet, like a few people have said.

Oh yeah, pulling things with the grapple beam (particularly if a boss is involved) is officially the coolest ever use of the Wii remote!

Nope, your name is still displayed in gray too. I think there’s quite a bit of delay with sending/receiving these things though. :hmm:

I'm up to third area now...

...SkyTown.

Absolutely gorgeous environment, my jaw has hit the floor many a time playing through this area. :heh: Love moving on those grapple rail things and having to shoot the doors/enemies at the same time, so cool.

Just got hold of the Plasma Beam, great how you use it as a soldering iron to fix those broken panels. Melting the robot guys with it is pretty damn funny too.

I just can't get enough of this game at the moment. :yay:

Nope, your name is still displayed in gray too. I think there’s quite a bit of delay with sending/receiving these things though. :hmm:

Yeah same here HoT, recieved two off you tho Redshell...what do the friend vouchers do anyway?!

I wonder what the differences between veteran and normal are. I'm beginning to regret picking normal...didn't even give it much thought...I seem to have a ton of energy tanks so far...(I've played 3ish hours) perhaps there are more drops of that.

Okay, so I just arrived at the fourth area...

Pirate Homeworld! My God Retro Studios, I love you guys so much! I only just docked here, I'll check it out tomorrow. But I already know this planet will be really suspensefull. Sure, Samus has infiltrated Space Pirate bases before, but now a Space Pirate planet? This game just keeps on delivering.

Stuck on the second Lothinian boss. I can never shoot those things in he air that pretty much always hits you and I barely get any health. I can get him to about 1/3 left.

God I love this game.

This game has really got much much better now I'm whizzing through Bryyo. It just feels so good to be exploring the planet, solving awesome puzzles and fending off hoards of badass baddies. The graphics are excellent and the controls are really growing on me. Damn this game is great.

Just started playing this game, im near the end of the first (or second depending on how you look at it) planet and im loving it, great game and im sure better is to follow the more i play.

Im still dont get what the friend code is for in this game, but ill look it up and see what it does later, or some one could just pm me and save me the hastle ;)