N-Europe

Wii release date accidently releaved by Midway!

Credit to www.cubed3.com for the new:

What you will see below is a Press Release containing some extremely mundane game releases and a subsequent amount of mediocre descriptions. However, check out the date of Blitz: The Leagure...it states 'October' for the Nintendo Wii release. So Nintendo is planning a pre-Thanksgiving US launch, thus side-stepping the PlayStation 3's November release, perhaps? Or has Midway just made a grave error? Who knows, but check it all out below:

Blitz: The League (Nintendo Wii; October 2006) - The celebrated arcade-style football franchise is back and better than ever with a new treatment of America's most popular sport. Blitz: The League exposes the harsh and troubling, behind-the-scenes stories of a fictional professional football league.

I'm not bothering to post anymore of the release dates, for obvious reasons, well, anyway, this proves that the Wii will be released by October.

I hate to be a voice of doubt, but there were several 360 games that were actually released before the console itself. If the console is released in the first week of November, this game might still come out "in October."

It is nice, though, that we have all this confirmation that Wii will be out at the latest in November.

I hate to be a voice of doubt, but there were several 360 games that were actually released before the console itself. If the console is released in the first week of November, this game might still come out "in October."

that happens all the time, even a few days before the launch of the gamecube you could pick up titles early. but there is a very good chance that it will be october matt even said it in his podcast last week.

I believe this. I seems like the right time for a pre-Thanksgiving launch.

Hopefully this means well get it in November. I have got a sneaky suspicion America will be getting it first, in front of Japan so it might be December for us.

Your probably right, but i'm guessing Europe will see it first! :hehe:

That a bit pessimistic!!::shrug:

Not really, Jim Merrick (ex Marketing Manager for Nintendo of Europe) said it would be released within 14 weeks of the initial launch. That's less than 14 weeks even from the beginning of October.

Im more annoyed at the amount of shit being announced for the wii.

I agree. Most of the games which have been revealed so far have been cartoon/childrens games. I hope the launch line-up isn't made-up with loads of these movie tie-in's, that won't do the Wii any favours!

see, to prevent any quarelling whatsoever, and no moaning about certain games not coming on your console, the simple solution is to get all 3.

there no complaints be me.

and the frugal solution is to buy the console at the end of the generation.

most of the games have dropped in price, are just as fun (or rubbish) as they always were, and you can buy the console that most meets your needs.

you know precisely what you're getting.

When games are anounced for PS2 or not anounced for a nintendo console, people all boo Nintendo, when games are anounced for nintendo, it's bad, because the games are bad. Consoles need as many games as they can get, be them good or bad. To me, it's the same, but not the masses.

Does everyone remember how Nintendo made the "inner circle" of devs for the N64? Isn't it strange how after the masses of games and success that the SNES got, they suddenly decided that they wanted a quality not quantity approach. WHoops!

I'm not surprised by the stockpiling news btw. Bar the DS Nintendo has always been very good at reaching their demand level because they are realistic about production it would seem. I don't see it as being an indicator that the Wii will release any earlier than September though.