NEurope
Stocka

Sadness

The concept is "black and white survival horror". I dont see why anyone cares about this game. They have no track record for making good games and the concept is hardly revolutionary... Reminds me of Necronesia really trying to be RE. However, I am excited about studios in Poland though. Hopefully more studios will move to those places = cheaper development and cheaper games.

You guys are being too harsh. They have to start somewhere, every dev used to be a noob. They're getting a hard time and all they want is to create games for a living.

As far as I know their other project is going nicely, and I hope that even if this game is put on hold, they my be able to release it in future generations (just like ED).

I am sympathetic with Indie developers but not when I feel they think or treat their public like they're stupid or something. They're are not in a position to make that since it should be a relation based on trust.

It's not so much for the ridiculous comments like "we have big publisher=Frontline studios" or "Sony is after us" but more about that alleged screenshot, are they kidding us? how can they expect to deliver? simple answer they don't and everyone who believes them blindly will went with a deception, luckily I doubt abyone takes them seriously anymore.

These guys have gone overboard to hype sadness (and raid over the river), showing no real results in doing so, yet they promised so much.

I'm not respecting them now, just like I feel they didn't respect the end consumer and userbase.

It is a shame to see question marks thrown over the title as it did sound like an interesting concept.

Yeah, the concept was great, but the developer never came close to realise it. I mean, I can promise you world peace, but you know I won't realise it.

excited about studios in Poland though. Hopefully more studios will move to those places = cheaper development and cheaper games.

ha ha you don't actually believe that?? It only means a larger profit for the developers..

Yeah, the concept was great, but the developer never came close to realise it. I mean, I can promise you world peace, but you know I won't realise it.

I wouldnt go as far as to say they made any promises other than they were Nintendo exclusive.

With so many games to play on the horizon, I will give them the benefit of the doubt...They have about 3 years to bring the project to fruition and grab a new publisher before I consider them as cranks and insult them.

I wouldnt go as far as to say they made any promises other than they were Nintendo exclusive
Why should they? These developers didn't even showed their worth, I'd rather have Nintendo going after people who can achieve what they promise.

I still remember this "allegedly" in-game shot:

[Click to see bigger]

Quote:

“this is not artwork - its from PC work-station shot in-game. We hope that for Wii this game will be look like in this screen or very near.†- Nibris team member

Source: http://gonintendo.com/?p=4326

Even if I have some sympathy (and I was expecting only Eternal Darkness kind of graphics from them) this is just ridiculous and unprofessional... Aiming too high for someone who doesn't even have a publisher (also a attempt to gain attention) and, well, nor credible.

then:

Quote:

Dear all,

We work very hard with our team on our upcoming 2 games - Sadness for Wii and Raid over the river DS.

At the end of next week you will see more details about our new projects. We are very happy becouse one of the biggest publisher have deal with us!

Sadness look like a one of the biggest upcoming game - I think that this game can change some things in games industry.

Btw. Some of PS3 fans site wrotte that we sell Sadness for Sony - IT'S RUMOR! Sadness is exclusive for Nintendo Wii.

-> http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/6...inal3hr2ck.jpg

As a foretaste our next press relase I give you one art of Licho (one of the oponents).

Wish us luck and have a good day!,

Your Nibris

Source: http://boards.ign.com/nintendo_wii_l...2035361/p1/?12; Ridley (noutra thread)

biggest publishers=Frontline Studios... a company who mainly publishes unknown games based on classic card games and such for the DS... right.

Seriously Nintendo should run from them, they lie to the small userbase they have and even blow things out of the water.

And the rumor about Sony wanting it... lol, yeah right. never heard of it before they mentioned, not me, not anyone.

They've lost all my credit a long time ago.

They've lost all my credit a long time ago.

I dont see how anyone can grant them credibility without a completed product on the table....They are no different to a lot of the devs who have signed to Wii production at this moment in time.

Considering this is the same company who's taken over a year to make a shmup (for which there's only been released about 5 seconds of gameplay footage), i wouldn't be surprised if it is just a bunch of cowboys cashing in on investor's money for a couple of years then declaring bankruptcy.

Hope i'm wrong tho...

Considering this is the same company who's taken over a year to make a shmup (for which there's only been released about 5 seconds of gameplay footage), i wouldn't be surprised if it is just a bunch of cowboys cashing in on investor's money for a couple of years then declaring bankruptcy.

Hope i'm wrong tho...

Well they showed footage for Raid over the River which looked pretty good, but yeah, they suck.

Lord Lucan has been sighted more than this "game" and it was destined to be a hype-overdose along the lines of "Snakes on a plane" (internet geek salivation, naff film) rather than any worthwhile effort and the fact that this vapourware has allegedly been pulled proves this.

It either never existed or they decided they couldn't come up with a decent idea of what it was supposed to do. Very nice arty-design but it was always looking unlikely.

Lord Lucan has been sighted more than this "game" and it was destined to be a hype-overdose along the lines of "Snakes on a plane" (internet geek salivation, naff film) rather than any worthwhile effort and the fact that this vapourware has allegedly been pulled proves this.

It either never existed or they decided they couldn't come up with a decent idea of what it was supposed to do. Very nice arty-design but it was always looking unlikely.

Snakes on a Plane was fucking awesome film.

Well the game is still alive and well....

Recent reports revealed how Nibris had lost Frontline Studio's as its development partner for the upcoming project Sadness, and for some pessimists, this put the future of the title into doubt. Now, the ambitious company has very kindly informed us that the recent changes are nothing to fret about, and has indicated that the project is going ahead as previously planned.

Nibris, due to artistic differences, formally ended negotiations with Frontline on 17th March. However, they have already located themselves a new partner, the identity of which is currently unknown.

"We would like to apologize for rumors and doubts that might have arisen," the company informed us. "We want to assure, that Nibris ltd. makes great effort to make our projects completely innovative and to meet the highest quality of standards."

Sadness is a highly mysterious title set in pre-World War One Eastern Europe. You play the role of a woman, Maria, determined to protect the life of your young narcoleptic son as Werewolves and other terrifying creatures attempt to hunt you down. You must capitalize on the wielding ways of the remote to defend yourself against the vast array of enemies.

Expect an offical press release later this week - for now, just rejoice that the project is firmly on track.

Source:- Cubed3.com

..yeh.. I just read that over at cubed3 a minute ago.. dear only knows what will happen with Sadness..

Its nice to see they won't be bullied by others and go ahead with they're vision for the project. They're gamers and Nintendo fans, so I hope they can do it.

If you're ditched by a mobile phone games publisher on 'artistic differences' then something is terribly wrong...

Come on people, these guys are fake as hell.

http://www.cubed3.com/news/7389/

Nintendo Wii News | First Sadness Trailer This Year

Quick News - Nibris has contacted Cubed³ to reveal that the first proper trailer for the eagerly awaited Sadness on Wii will indeed appear later this year, with the game set to launch no earlier than 2008. The company aims to show the game when it is confident people will be thoroughly impressed with it.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they can come up with!

I don't think people should be so negative towards Nibris, they are a new developer, they are very dedicated to Nintendo and the Wii and they are going to be trying their best!

Wait to see the game before passing judgement!

I'm looking forward to seeing what they can come up with!

I don't think people should be so negative towards Nibris, they are a new developer, they are very dedicated to Nintendo and the Wii and they are going to be trying their best!

Wait to see the game before passing judgement!

I'll wait and see, but... I'm certainly not forgetting this was what they tried to pass as ingame last time:

I still remember this "allegedly" in-game shot:

screen05ce7.jpg

[Click to see bigger]

“this is not artwork - its from PC work-station shot in-game. We hope that for Wii this game will be look like in this screen or very near.” - Nibris team member
Source: http://gonintendo.com/?p=4326

What they promise doesn't mean much to me anymore, because of their past actions. I usually give support to indie developers and believe them, but I really don't think I have reasons to trust NiBRIS.

Snakes on a Plane was fucking awesome film.

it was fucking shit. i honestly think people are blind with this one.

anyway this game could be the biggest conspiracy ever

The way I see it:

Number of titles in my gaming library that are Sadness or of similar concept in my library as we speak: Zero

Number of titles in my gaming library that are Sadness or of similar concept in my library in the future: Possibly 1.

Seems a reasonable outcome being that I or no-one else here have personally invested anything in the project.

Lets be honest here, if they are bullshitting everyone down the line regarding this, what do they gain other than a few forums openly cursing their names and any chance of ever being able to tout their names as serious programmers ?

Hype Train arrived next stop disappointment.

lol true

I also just thought today that whenever Sadness news arrive, you are on the forum... (no offence btw)

lol true

I also just thought today that whenever Sadness news arrive, you are on the forum... (no offence btw)

I have a script checking for me with a auto reply which will just fit hehe.

This game will not happen. It has gathered hype from nowhere, and we have seen nothing.

The last time we saw this kind of crap was for some wanky project by Jeff Minter for the Cube (it was called Unity), it looked cack, it sounded cack but gathered ridiculous momentum for no reason then never materialised. That game made me so mad, people were listing it on forums as if it was going to be some AAA system selling title and we never even saw a real screen shot, what a load of rubbish.