NEurope
Stocka

Sadness

Are you at least 21 years old and don't suffer from a heart condition or nervous disposition?

This is the equivalent of hiphop artists putting a explicit lyrics sticker on an album. The game will be scary but not gory which means that a 15+ rating is probable.

Maria Lengyel- afaik Lenyel Orsak means in hungarian "poland" & the action will be placed in slavic county. Maybe Poland? One of desinger's said in interview for N-galaxy, action will be placed in city, which was very important for the culture of Central Europe (or sth like that). Cracow? Warsaw? Prague? Lviv?

Maria Lengyel- afaik Lenyel Orsak means in hungarian "poland" & the action will be placed in slavic county. Maybe Poland? One of desinger's said in interview for N-galaxy, action will be placed in city, which was very important for the culture of Central Europe (or sth like that). Cracow? Warsaw? Prague? Lviv?

lviv is in ukraine. or is there one in poland? this game sounds good

But before II World War Lviv was in Poland & before I World War Lviv was capital city of Galicja, polish province of Austia-Hungary ;]

Updated first page with those strange screens Nibris have released.

http://www.cubed3.com/news/5043

Polish developer Nibris have now publicly confirmed that gothic horror Wii title Sadness will be shown in trailer form in the next few days, between the 10th and 14th May.

To give people a little taster, they have issued the following images as a preview of the trailer, as well as a new logo.

The new pictures are a preview of the trailer,

and here's the new logo;

http://www.cubed3.com/media/2006/May/Mason/sadness_logotype_low_res.jpg

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I noticed on GS forums that some people are wondering what that woman over there has to do with the game, that is, the real woman.

As you can see on the new pics, she holds the controller in the same way as the character below. First she holds it above her head, next image shows her ramming it down, like a sword or a knife, but on the image below the character holds something like a shovel. Or something...

Probably a glimpse of how the trailer will showcase the gameplay.

Maybe someone will call me Mr. Obvious, that people have figured it out, but I guess some have not noticed this yet.

Maybe someone will call me Mr. Obvious, that people have figured it out, but I guess some have not noticed this yet.

Yes, and the fact that she is wearing modern clothes which would be very risque for a pre world war setting.

Id imagine that a lot of the trailers for upcoming Wii games will feature actors to demonstrate how the game is played with the controller.

Yes, and the fact that she is wearing modern clothes which would be very risque for a pre world war setting.

Id imagine that a lot of the trailers for upcoming Wii games will feature actors to demonstrate how the game is played with the controller.

Haha I wasn´t saying that some people think the real one there is a part of the game, I just remember on GS forums at least people were wondering what she has to do with the game. It was also asked in an interview with Nibris, what she has to do with Sadness but I think it wasn´t answered properly.

I wasn´t suggesting some people think she´s an in-game character

Added new pics to the first page, that bottom one with the umbrella is rather odd.

Shite the logo, give me this game!!

The picture of the lady holding what looks like a spade reminds me of the video tape in "The Ring" and to say the least this game sounds so god damn good that i can now honestly say

and i mean this. (coming from a big bigggggggg Metroid fan) that I am looking forward to Sadness as much as i am to MP3, it just sounds so great, bring on E3! not long now (finally we can end all speculation)

yap with a trailer next days we can finaly see if the title is in a good way.I hope so because it's the wii game I'm expecting more.

Been interested in this game since I first read about it a week ago.

Love the music, love the style. I want to love the game as well.

Very interesting game. That quote about using torches to scare rats sounds awesome, we'll see how this turns out.

Been interested in this game since I first read about it a week ago.

Love the music, love the style. I want to love the game as well.

I put the music on my phone as my ringtone, its friggin awesome, it evokes so many feeling, there's that sense of an old horror film, a forboding sense of evil, but when the violins kick in there's this sense playfull carefreeness.

Also does anyone know where i might find a guitar tab for it?

thumb_sadness_20060504033205729.jpg

thumb_sadness_20060504033206682.jpg

New screens. Probably from the trailer and not ingame.

You can find bigger screens on gonintendo or IGN.

I hope the top one is in game (probably ain't though)- it looks really really nice.

i think i figured out whats goin to happen in the trailer, first you'll see the real world woman playing the game, with footage of how the gameplay is effected by her actions (movement of the controller), as it goes on both the real world and the game world begin to merge until the woman become so caught up and imersed(sp?) in the game that it seems like the game becomes real, hence why in the lastest screens of the trailer she's not holding the Wii controller anymore but the object the character is meant to be holding (umbrella, torch).

I think the message of the trailer will be that you'll enjoy the game so much and become so involved in the game that you will become the character and see the game world as real.

I also have a feeling the "real world" part of the trailer will start out in colour and then fade to black and white round a 1/4 of the way through as the player starts to get "sucked" into the game.

Note: If (and when) i end up being right, remember you heard it here first

Does that make sense?