NEurope
Stocka

Sadness

NIBRIS' stylistic Sadness will be hitting the Wii in 2007, and hopefully we'll see it during E3.

Quick question, does any one else think that from the 5 known Sadness trailer pictures has included screens from the actual game? I think 2 of them have and im trying to get a second opinion here..

I don't know either, all I want is to see the trailer itself, not pictures from it. :P

The point of the pictures is to gain hype for the product they are flaunting. More attention for your product gives it more chance for success and will gain nibris a publisher for their game (i believe they havent got one at the moment, but i may be wrong).

Look at those pictures, pretty exciting stuff.

I'm not sure they're ready to show ingame material, after all there was long talk about Raid over the River and a few weeks back suddenly everything was about Sadness. Sure they were working on it before but I'm a little doubtful that the graphics are already good enough developed.

However, I think it's a really interesting concept and I hope some of the trailers shots are ingame.

here's the trailer screens in question so you don't have to go lookin for them

news_040506_sadness1.jpg

news_040506_sadness2.jpg

news_040506_sadness3.jpg

scr_004.jpg

scr_005.jpg

scr_006.jpg

thumb_sadness_20060504033205729.jpg

thumb_sadness_20060504033206682.jpg

I think the 3rd screen is ingame, i mean come on people its showing the direct result of the players actions in the 1st two screens.

As for the rest of it, i think this is whats going to happen in the trailer, first you'll see the real world woman playing the game, with footage of how the gameplay is effected by her actions (movement of the controller), as it goes on both the real world and the game world begin to merge until the woman becomes so caught up and imersed(sp?) in the game that it seems like the game becomes real, hence why in the lastest screens of the trailer she's not holding the Wii controller anymore but the object the character is meant to be holding (umbrella, torch). This transition seems to take place in screens 4, 5 and 6, in the 4th and 5th she's holding the Wii controller like she would an umbrella, but instead of the 6th screen showing the the gameplay result it shows the player in the characters clothing holding an umbrella, then in the last two she's completly sucked into the game.

I think the message of the trailer will be that you'll enjoy the game so much and become so involved in the game that you will become the character and see the game world as real.

I also have a feeling the "real world" part of the trailer will start out in colour and then fade to black and white round a 1/4 of the way through as the player starts to get "sucked" into the game.

Note: If (and when) i end up being right, remember you heard it here first :D

Also can i add i think the woman playing the game is fairly fit... wonder if she'll be doing any promos for the game at E3?

In my humble opinion.

The fire one is a screenshot from the game.

The tunnel one seems to be a screenshot from the game.

The problem is (and maybe that's why you asked this ?) that the second looks really good... too good to run on Wii. The woman's clothes look real... and so may be real. I think this is an overlay of the player over the in-game images. The woman is true, while the torch and background are in-game. She's dressed that way to illustrate the fact that the game is immersive.

Anyway, the flames screenshot is looking really good. I consider it to be the first screenshot from a wii game. It's not nearly as good as PS3 ones, but good enough for me.

________

SEXXYASSBLACK LIVE

Edited by Philoss

Anyway, the flames screenshot is looking really good. I consider it to be the first screenshot from a wii game.

Ahem.... Do you remember a game called Red Steel? :wink:

So.... no news on Sadness? :(

WIth all the madness going on today, I didn't expect this one to be forgotten, I want to see footage, damnit!

The trailer will be released this week anyway,i've not forgotten the game looks really good.

Disaster, HAMMER and Monkey Ball too.. it seems quite a few I haven't heard reports back from today. To be honest I have been really disapointed so far as sod all footage and screens have made their way to websites atm.

Nibris said the trailer will be shown between the 10th-14th

The new issue of NOM came through the door and though its largely lacking in terms of Wii stuff (It has all the third party stuff we've seen but nothing new and nothing first party) it does have a thing on Sadness with what appear to be 4 in-game shots. They're not any of the pics we've seen so far and they look like gameplay shots so I'd say its a safe bet.

The graphics are black and white as we know - Basically all the background colour is black and it looks like all the detail has been sketched on by a white pencil.

You can carry a torch and light up certain areas by holding the Wiimote in that direction. You can use a lasso, aimed by the Wiimote to grab onto things. Using the nunchuk you can sneak up on enemies and slit their throats and finally hold the wiimote like you're holding an umbrella, something which can be used to cover the in-game charactesr face with the umbrella or keep her dry.

As the last line suggests the main character is a woman, the same one pictured on the ones we thought were in game further up the page. It looks really nice, hopefully the trailer will pop up later today.

The new issue of NOM came through the door and though its largely lacking in terms of Wii stuff (It has all the third party stuff we've seen but nothing new and nothing first party) it does have a thing on Sadness with what appear to be 4 in-game shots. They're not any of the pics we've seen so far and they look like gameplay shots so I'd say its a safe bet.

The graphics are black and white as we know - Basically all the background colour is black and it looks like all the detail has been sketched on by a white pencil.

You can carry a torch and light up certain areas by holding the Wiimote in that direction. You can use a lasso, aimed by the Wiimote to grab onto things. Using the nunchuk you can sneak up on enemies and slit their throats and finally hold the wiimote like you're holding an umbrella, something which can be used to cover the in-game charactesr face with the umbrella or keep her dry.

As the last line suggests the main character is a woman, the same one pictured on the ones we thought were in game further up the page. It looks really nice, hopefully the trailer will pop up later today.

Any chance of a few scans??

Any chance of a few scans??

My scanner is a little dodgy and the screens are only tiny but I'll give it a go :)

Having seen the last two screen Mokong just put up, I have to say that I don't think any of these are in game. They are just pictures of the same woman dressed up/with different make up. The fire effect may be computerised but I doubt this is in game. If they are in game then this has better graphics than the PS3.

Ahem.... Do you remember a game called Red Steel? :wink:

Before E3, I had seen no screenshot of Red steel except mag scans/pics. I do not consider them as screenshots, because they were looking so bad that we could not say if the graphics were looking 3rd, 4th or 5th generation.

________

Small Tits Webcam

Edited by Philoss

WTF is that. They just trying to make a cheap film or something?

There's nothing there what so ever. Embarassing.

Nice trailer to bad that there are no ingame shots - it looks a bit too good for me to believe it yet but well E3 is still a few days. Maybe I change my mind once I see a real ingame shot because I have seen more than enough artwork, music, story stuff ... I want to see the real deal and see if Nibris is capable of what they promised.

Maybe I change my mind once I see a real ingame shot because I have seen more than enough artwork, music, story stuff ... I want to see the real deal and see if Nibris is capable of what they promised.

Yeh, sorry. My post before was harsh. But what you've said just there I completely agree with.

As a trailer it wasn't bad... As a trailer for a game it wasn't very good. No in-game stuff at all. Oh well, here's hoping it turns out well

compared to other trailers for games this E3, the sadness one was pretty shit.

Lets hope the game isnt as bad as the trailer..