Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Photography.

Nintendork

I rather love this one. Not a huge fan of the borders around the other ones though, too obviously computer-generated. Or digital camera generated anyway.

Yeah, I think I made the borders too thick, or not gradiented enough. Either way, they're too bold IMO. I just didn't like the white going all the way to the edges. Never mind, it's a lesson learned for next time.

and this one. Lots going on. Lykes. The last two don't work so well what with the flash though.
Yeah the last two were just obseravtions I saw on the walk home really... the flash was also the only way I could show the swilring wind in the lampost one.

Tbh, don't know about anyone else but I don't find snow photography all that easy. What with all the white and often so little other defenitions it can be tricky to pick out any good compositions or scenes of real interest.

People may say the snow makes everything look nice, but it's quite difficult to deliver.

Edited by Retro_Link

Tbh, don't know about anyone else but I don't find snow photography the easiest. What with all the white and often so little other defenitions it can be tricky to pick out any good compostions or scenes of real interest.

People may say the snow makes everything look nice, but it's quite difficult to deliver.

Yeah, snow is pretty to look at as a whole scene, but try and pick out a little rectangle for a photograph and it's a pain in the arse.

It's the same with all landscapes for me. I can see an amazing piece of scenery, but I just don't know how to frame it. Think I've only ever done 2 or 3 landscapes that I'm proud of.

Penguin Bars must have swapped their jokes for philosophy!

Nice photo's Daft, what camera did you get?

Hahahah! Brilliant.

I just came up with it, cos' I'm fricking awesome. Sometimes. Well....once ever 23 years apparently.

Does anyone know the scientific reason for the colours on this picture. I feel like saying its.....the reflection of the street lights on the snow on the floor, acts like a canvas ....reflecting onto the clouds?

18161_394666995580_509970580_10556677_4398996_n.jpg

I quite like this one.

18161_394667085580_509970580_10556686_7814415_n.jpg

And in bi-palette edition.

18161_397625220580_509970580_10579723_7307478_n.jpg

Does anyone know the scientific reason for the colours on this picture. I feel like saying its.....the reflection of the street lights on the snow on the floor, acts like a canvas ....reflecting onto the clouds?

I quite like this one.

18161_394667085580_509970580_10556686_7814415_n.jpg

I'd be tempted to say it's something to do with all the urban lights bouncing off a lot of water/ice particles in the air or something... not sure.

I like really like the colours scheme of red, purple and pale blue in ^ photo!

It becomes orange because all the lights in the city (light pollution hooray!) get reflected by the snow on the ground, which in turn get reflected by the clouds in the sky. So reflection all over the place basically. =P

Very nice!!

I'm loving it so far. My aim is to take a picture that I like every day (minimum) so I keep using it and get into the habit. :smile:

I can't seem to get the f-stop below f/4. I've got the effect I've wanted but just wondering if I'm just being weird and missing how to get it down to f/2.8 (maybe that isn't an option on all SLRs). I'm still working things out.

Also, with the shutter speed, anything above about 1/80 is too dark - granted the lighting wasn't great but when am I going to use a shutter speed of 1/2000!?! (I had the aperture on automatic but that didn't seem to balance it out). Again, I'm still working everything out.

I think thats for (very) well lit high speed situations (eg F1 racing)...I think. I did once learn the science of photography but that was some time ago.

R_L they were kinda like an invasion. I didn't really expect to see any wildlife but there must have been about 100 various birds. Was speaking to someone and she said she came down a few days before and there had been a lot more than that. Most of this lake was frozen over except a tiny spot, so guessing they're all taking refuge there.

20073_246893696492_536116492_3651706_7438602_n.jpg

I think thats for (very) well lit high speed situations (eg F1 racing)...I think. I did once learn the science of photography but that was some time ago.

The thing is though, even at about 1/200 it's incredibly dark so a shutter ten times that speed is going to be dark even in an amazingly well lit space, from my estimations. I'm sure I'm missing something somewhere.

Yeah, snow is pretty to look at as a whole scene, but try and pick out a little rectangle for a photograph and it's a pain in the arse.

It's the same with all landscapes for me. I can see an amazing piece of scenery, but I just don't know how to frame it. Think I've only ever done 2 or 3 landscapes that I'm proud of.

True. I think it still works best if you have an actual object. However, what I tried to do with my snow pics was have a stream or lane lead into the picture.

IMG_0530.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg

IMG_0576.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg

IMG_0598.jpg

IMG_0568.jpg

My favourite of mine:

IMG_0589.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg