Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Photography.

Nintendork

Yours and the mouldy one were the best.

I'm sure it's just me, but boringly taken pictures of (to me) uninteresting cars seems like the most bizarre thing to make a calnder of. Your photo was actually artistic and visually stimulating.

• 3 weeks later...

Got my photography coursework back yesterday. It was all done on black and white film or using the enlargers.

Book_by_goafertography.jpg

I put a page from a Thesaurus into the enlarger instead of film, then put a strip of film onto the photo paper. It's me on the film.

Boat_by_goafertography.jpg

Drew the boat onto the film using a marker.

Shutter_by_goafertography.jpg

Nothing fancy about this one.

I don't like the bit of film going across the first one. I think it'd look more interesting just as the page.

It reminds me of;

http://www.ilbaluardo.com/Cover/Audio/0-9%20-%20A%20-%20B/ALANIS%20MORRISSETTE%20-%20Supposed%20former%20infatuation%20junkie%20-%20Front.jpg

The other two are lovely.

Yeah, the film strip is a bit odd. We had to cover a set amount of "experimental techniques" and I combined 2 to save time. Atlhough if I had just used the page (which is the page with "Photography" on it BTW), it would have felt a bit like cheating. It's sort of like scanning in a page of a book and adding a fancy photoshop filter over it.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, it was snowing quite a bit, it's been a long time we've had that much snow (here in the Netherlands) unfortunately.. I thought it was a good time for a strol :D. And seeing this topic made me wanna share the a few of the pictures I took (and while I was at it I had a look through my older photos).

So some pictures of my city in the snow. We don't have spectacular mountains or anything, but we sure do have windmills ;).

IMG_1207.JPG

A real windmill right there :D.

IMG_1224.JPG

The square in front of our townhall. Our Basilica in the background.

IMG_1228.JPG

If you can't guess, the sign says "don't park"

IMG_1242.JPG

Same windmill, seen from the other side (with another in the background). We have 6,5 of those things.

I've got plenty more snowy pictures, maybe it's time I open a flickr account or something.

Some older photos (don't make many unfortunately).

IMG_0103.JPG

Too bad my camera performs poorly in dark areas, all concert photos turn out blurry. Which means you'll have to google for some hot pictures of Alicia Keys or Candy Dulfer ;). This is one of the few which turned out ok.. The lead singer from "Ojos de Brujo" (pop/rock/flamenco band from Barcelona), performing at North Sea Jazz.

IMG_0645.JPG

Some funky litten trees in Mysteryland, a Dutch dance festival.

IMG_0650.JPG

One of the tents at Mysteryland (forgot which year, 2008 or 9), Boys Noize was performing if I recall correctly.

IMG_0609.JPG

Galeries LaFayette, in Paris, France.

IMG_0176.JPG

And my personal favorite, Rotterdam by dawn, as seen from the trainstation.

Edited by Sméagol

Thanks. I should go out more though (to take some pictures, but in general as well :D).

Did see some great pictures in this thread, though can't comment on 20 pages of pictures :D. Loved the 2 quaint graveyards though, the pictures of London, and those in Egypt, and most pictures of mountains ;). And the wii remotes in the grass heh! Made me want to do something similar in the snow, but that would be risky :D. Though not an unsurmountable problem ;).

Woo! I won another RedBubble challenge. This time for art instead of shirts. It was only a competition for a small group, so no prize this time. The challenge was "Tombstones and Graves". My entry:

4339474-1-graveyard.jpg

That photo has served me well, it also bagged me £10 from a local newspapers weekly feature. Shiny.

Edited by Goafer

Well done!

It didn't quite win the challenge I entered, but the group ended up featuring my entry the other day...

lights3.jpg

Photo could have turned out better, but tbf it's one of the most challenging photo's I've tried to take because I wanted the car as a solid object after a 30sec time lapse.

Some of the group challenges are so funny, the one I entered the above photo into had around 150 entries, where as I saw one the other day where you had to photograph a gate hinge (random!), which unsurprisingly had all of 2 entries!

Edited by Retro_Link

Well done!

It didn't quite win the challenge I entered, but the group ended up featuring my entry the other day...

lights3.jpg

Photo could have turned out better, but tbf it's one of the most challenging photo's I've tried to take because I wanted the car as a solid object after a 30sec time lapse.

Some of the group challenges are so funny, the one I entered the above photo into had around 150 entries, where as I saw one the other day where you had to photograph a gate hinge (random!), which unsurprisingly had all of 2 entries!

I was talking to my ffriend about doing this yesterday night, it looks really good.