N-Europe

Final Fantasy : Advent Children

Calza

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so sure about some of the characters voices myself, Cid was dead on but Cait Sith shouldn't sound scottish, and Barrett was actually talking like Mr. T at times!

Still an awesome film but i think i prefer the japanese voices.

I've seen the JPN version twice and it's pretty cool. The action sequences are some of the best ones I've ever seen but the story is a little mehish. They must of just thought "How can we bring Sephy back? Hmm" and then worked it all around that.

it is just a cash in! fun to watch though-the story line is a bit :S but everything else is good!

only saw the jap version and i hope they kept -reno i think it was either way-that guy who kept saying 'yo' at the end of each sentence!

that was a highlight of the film along with the music :D:D:D

Guest Stefkov

got the japanese version, it sounds better in japanese, watched a couple minute clip on the ign weekly thing, it was ok but i think it suits the japanese voices mroe than the american, however if i watched ithe whol emovie in american i may come to like it.

got the jap version on dvd aswell, after searching for a converter for ages. i dont htink im gonna fork out some more money for somethig ive already got.

By any chance, how does this exclusive cover look like as i want to get this myself.

I'll try to get a pic up tommorow, my camara's battery is dead. I havn't watched any of the special features yet, they any good?

Japanese one is awesome. Regardless of a cash in, if thats the way the creators intended the story to go, you can't deny it. I liked the story, the dialogue was a bit off at times. But I haven't seen the English dub so I'll have to wait. I'm too poor to buy it atm.

The first time I saw it in japanese, I was like 0.0 for an aweful long time. It was great!!

But I was sorely dissapointed with the english version. Sephy's voice is crappy and americanised, and I dont like it :(

And I share the same view with Kadaj's voice.

I love Sephy by the way :)

Had it since saturday, and I loved every minute of it. The visuals are just gorgeous and the action scenes are a joy to watch.

Cid was dead on but Cait Sith shouldn't sound scottish

I hated the use of the scottish language as well; just made it sound a bit tacky imho, but the fact is, Cait Sith is based on a celtic/gaelic god, so the scottish language makes sense tbh.

Im gonna pick this up. Final Fantasy VII is the only Final Fantasy game i have completed so it will be nice to know where the story goes after the game.

It doesn't really go anywhere. The only story/plot in Advent Children is present to create excuses for the characters to have fights.

Awsome movie, Haven't seen the English version though. I downloaded the Japanese version with subtitles from my Schools server to my External hard drive and then burned it in DVD format. Love the fight with in the city with the Aeon.

Ironically, this movie is the exception to my expectations in Dante's thread.

This movie is an unashamed curtain call for the cast of one of the most loved RPGs ever. It was never intended to be a world-wide blockbuster or stand-alone narrative: its a love-in for the fans, an hour and a half of esotericism. Accept it for what it is and it becomes a lot more enjoyable.

Saw it when it leaked, thought it was quite a technical feat but the plot made little sense to me. Whether thats because I've never played a FF game or it just wasn't very good, I can't say.

I might get it. What are the special features?