NEurope
Babooo

Is it too late??

During my Easter holidays, I have done hardly any work at all. Probably about an hour over the three weeks I had. I feel absolute shit right now, cos all I've been doing is just being a bum basically. Sitting at home, going out with mates, playin videogames. And I've got my first AS level exam on the 25th May. I've done jack shit.

The reality of the situation is only coming to my mind in this late stage, a day before I return to school. And I'm thinking is it too late?? IS it too late to rectify the situation and actually being able to pass my exams?? IS it too late to pay my parents back with some good grades considering all the money they've paid for my private school education??

I just feel so frustrated. I could never bring myself to think about these exams, to actually get my books out of my bag, open my folders and get a couple of good revision hours in. It sounds so simple but its just completely been in the back of my mind. And it shouldn't be like that. Sometimes I don't know what's wrong with me.

Now I'm wondering, at this late stage, is too late for me to actually begin thinking I can pass these exams??

That all i did all easter, i came out with alright grades and to be honest i didn't care all that much.

Sadly computer games are the only good things in my life.

You've got plenty of time. Get your library card, go do some extra reading, find interest in your topic, pride yourself in your work and get shit done.

We all go through it.

It's OK, I have uni exams coming up in a few weeks and I've hardly done any revision yet. But I plan to go to the library in the morning and not leave for 4 weeks.

During my Easter holidays, I have done hardly any work at all. Probably about an hour over the three weeks I had.

Three weeks? Three weeks?

THREE WEEKS!?

Seriously though, everybody does exactly the same thing. Just cram and stress about it and before you know it, the exams are over and all you have to do is wait for results day. Simple.

It's not to late, I havn't started revising for my A2 yet, but I should of, I'm off to go start now...*serously*...

I have an exam wednesday and another saturday and I'm in the same situation you are. Hurray...

It's never to late. Who plans to do work over easter but never gets motivated enough to do it? A lot of people, that's who.

I only just finished doing the work i said i'd do two weeks ago :p

I'm back after doing basicaly nothing (anyone else who does/did physics will know what a pain phy6 is grrrr!!!!!). My first exam is on th 15th of may. :(

its never too late! i find the best thing to do is to go over the key topics once, do as many past papers as is possible, then go over anything on the syllabus you havent answered a question on!

i'm sooo bggered though-i have physics and biology coursework due in for tomorrow and i've had three and a half weeks to do them and their still not done!!! stupid videogams i hate you! . . . . i love you really!!! come back *hugs* <3<3<3

seriously, its gonna be a late night for me but animal crossing didnt help-damn annoying fishing tourney!!! i have TWO AS retakes, one A2 physics retake as well as all the evil A2 synoptic papers and modules!!! gotta revise them all starting wednesday! i was intending to start this easter but that damn AC:WW card was glued into my DS which was glued to my hands in an unfortunate smelting accident . . . . mmmmmm excellent!

good luck to everyone with all their exams!! we all know your gonna kick some serious exam ass and take them there names! or er somat like that :S

With just over a month to go, I wouldn't say it's too late. If your at AS level, you probably have at least a vague grasp on your stuff already. Unlees you've been doing jack shit ALL YEAR, you'll be just fine. You probably need the rest anyway - better then wasting it getting stressed.

Revision is very overrated, I cringe when i hear what the supposed experts say, if you dont want to do it, then dont. If you are forcing yourself to, your much less likely to take it in and digest it. I left my revision to a week before the exams and passed every one.

i have my spanish speaking on the 5th may, and i dont know anything, im goonna try and learn it in the weeks going up to it.

my first exam starts some time at the end of may so im gonna star trying to revise then i always do that and get good anough grades anyway

I think my first exam is around the 25th of May...

i may start revising the day before like i usually do.

My GCSEs start May 23rd I've done a fair bit of revision, but like I (try to) tell my mum 'it's not how much you do its how well you do it.'

I hate the way teachers/parents are like 'okay do 1 hour revision a night' so people do it for the sake of it and watch the clock go by and take nothing in, whereas you could sit down for roughly 20 mins or whateverand concentrate and you can take in much more.

I'm lucky, my French Oral could of been either the 8th,9th or 10th. It's the 8th :smile:had it been on the 10th my word that would of been terrible, what with the Nintendo conference on the night before and E3 starting etc. when I'm meant to be revising.

Itll be rite, i have my uni exams coming up and i havent even read anything or gone to many lectures to do any revision off, luckly i do geography, the easiest subject to bullshit.

A shelf-stacker in Somerfield?

Score!

I'm not gonna be all egotistical about it, it's a sucky part time job. Sure, you get the hot girls coming in sometimes but it isn't exactly a premium experience. It's kind of robotic the way I go about my routine at Somerfield, snaking through the aisles and helping customers to pass the time because it's the only way to win in such a losing situation.

I spend most of my time telling me myself that it'll all be okay when I'm finally home, the thing that gets me through is I know for sure that we're going to be playing some games that night.

I'm in the exact same boat, mate!

But I'm going to be at my school library every free period making revision notes and making sure I get good grades.

I'm doing my GCSEs next year. I've heard rumours that they might scrap the study leave. Is it true?