N-Europe

Take a look at these Mario screens

Stocka

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What on earth is Mario going in the 1st picture. It made me laugh. Did people who made these expect people to believe they're real!? The second one looks like Mario has been has been transported the Far Far Away land (Shrek for the uninitiated) via some defunct warp pipe. I think this would be a good graphical style for the new Mario game.

What on earth is Mario going in the 1st picture.

A spin jump by the looks of it.

Anyway to the people that come in going 'fake fake blah blah etc.' I never claimed these screens were real, I'm 99% sure they're fake but I was just discussing how I'd be happy if those style of graphics were to be used, and wanted your views.

Anyway to the people that come in going 'fake fake blah blah etc.' I never claimed these screens were real, I'm 99% sure they're fake but I was just discussing how I'd be happy if those style of graphics were to be used, and wanted your views.

Oh right.

I want a mario with good graphics, not realistic ones. This graphical style is too realistic for me - I want a throwback to the good old days of Super Mario World etc (but in 3D obviously).

The second pic reminds me more of OOT than Mario.

The second one looks very nice. Graphics like that would suit a fuly 3D world mario RPG game, with real time combat.

When looking at them i'm very surprised the second-one is fake actually....

Although i'm positive Mario's going back to his roots! :wink:

Oh? Please, elaborate!

Just wait till E3, and keep open minded. There are many hints, but I'm not in the mood to find every one from the past year or so right now.

But heres a few quotes just to keep you at bay for now.

Satoru Iwata:

"We invented the current way a console is played - in front of a television and holding a controller - but maybe that image will change."

Shigeru Miyamoto:

"I think maybe if I could do anything, I would make it so you don't have to sit in front of a TV and play. If you could have a machine that you just plugged in and played inside a virtual world that - would be just great."

"Sitting in front of your monitor with a controller, there's really nowhere to go from that paradigm, all you can do is make it prettier and faster."

"What Nintendo wants to do is to open up that road, create something that goes beyond."

Yes, it is. The technology is not close to ready for implementation in a home console. Not close at all.

And besides that, there'll be only ten people or so buying it, so it wouldn't be good sales-wise. The stereoscopic 3D idea is very old and naive.

with me it´s 11 people buying it...

^

God these fakes are like the rest of the 'next generation' of games that I've seen. What is people's obsession with shinyness. I don't think I'd like the whole 3D world on a 2D background. Them fakes would seem alot more convincing if they didn't use SSB. Melee Mario.

When I first played Mario 64 I was surprised how big things were. You know like warp pipes and some enemies. Does anybody know what I mean? I might just be babbling cause I'm bored. Well these screens just reminded me of that and I hope it won't be like that in Mario 128 (it will forever be known as this for me)

I'm sorry but those screens look crap. Obviously fake of course (like everyone figured out), but the models and textures and just the general style of those screens is absolutely... shit. A Mario game needs vibrant colors, not an overuse on unneeded textures. This is like dropping Mario in a Resident Evil setting; just doesn't work.

And about stereoscopy... I'm not sure I'd want something like that in a game. I find it annoying really. It's cool in short movies and documentaries and the like, but other than that I don't think I'd really like to see it in a game. For one, I have trouble with these images because you need both of your eyes to work, while I have this problem that I can usually only get one eye to really focus on something. Also, this year we went to a teacher's house and he has all this film equipment and makes these kind of movies with stereoscopy... I can tell you that after only 30 minutes of watching it you can get quite dizzy and get a huge headache (everyone got it, not just me). Of course that's probably something that has to do with your body not being used to it, but overall, I don't like the idea much. I know I probably stand alone though. =/

It's boggling my mind how your going to be able to control Mario in a 3D enviroment with only the FHC (I truly believe it will be controled with only this as it was Retro Studios who came up with the idea of the nun chuck, so therefore Nintendo must have thought that alot of games would only be controlled by the FCH). I believe the 3rd secret will solve this problem.

^

God these fakes are like the rest of the 'next generation' of games that I've seen. What is people's obsession with shinyness.

the bigger ones aren't fake, they were just a demo how a game could interact with sound made by the player a few months back (it was shown to a crowd)... they are not running on Revolution from what we heard... just a demo, really.

Just wait till E3, and keep open minded. There are many hints, but I'm not in the mood to find every one from the past year or so right now.

But heres a few quotes just to keep you at bay for now.

Satoru Iwata:

"We invented the current way a console is played - in front of a television and holding a controller - but maybe that image will change."

Ok, now don't get me wrong but..you'll still be infront of the TV, right? Or are we talking about a virtual-boy/nintendo-on headset here?

Shigeru Miyamoto:

"I think maybe if I could do anything, I would make it so you don't have to sit in front of a TV and play. If you could have a machine that you just plugged in and played inside a virtual world that - would be just great."

Same thing as above. So, no tv. Headset?

"Sitting in front of your monitor with a controller, there's really nowhere to go from that paradigm, all you can do is make it prettier and faster."

So, it looks as if you're pointing all at some sort of headset.

It's just not feasible.

Nintendo have invested a lot of money within the controller. Their strategy is to offer gamers a different way to play at a lower price, right? Now, a visor or headset will make the system more expensive. Plus, Nintendo will have to invest some money into this as well, development, manufacturing.

"What Nintendo wants to do is to open up that road, create something that goes beyond."