NEurope
Stocka

Take a look at these Mario screens

Okay, these are most likely FAKE but this is the kind of art style that I'd absolutey adore to be used. Its gorgeous(especially the 2nd screen, the 1st is a bit odd)

mario_REVO_1.jpg

mario_REVO_2.jpg

Article: http://www.nintendoglobal.net/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1145651891&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&

(dodgy) Translation:

I cannot be disclosed on the source from which the two images arrive, but could be a matter of persons many neighbors to the situated cure of the Nintendo, and to the new way to supply online the images of the titles them in working. It would seem in fact that the great N will distribute to the photos in 2 modalities, a 640x480 progressive (480p) representative of the real using connection component or advanced quality, while the second modality would have to represent that that we will see in tv with analogic connection the type the classic one scart rgb (480i).

As we can state the resolution is 480p (resolution standard of revolution). Describing the image we can notice a test use of volumetric shadows, nonchè of various points light, Mario seems to make great use of motion blur, much greater one regarding that one pointed out in Mario Sunshine, I would stop hour to describe the roofs of the houses; they are sure that the a lot discussed personalized version about the Displacement Mapping finds application, and in fact the result is spectacular, sure everyone reliefs reacts here based on the lighting system.

This is the second reperita image (480i), also in this photo we can notice a incredinile use of volumetric shadows, the poligonale size of the grass and of the fogliame absurd, if it is confirmed we are only to the first photos and optimal graphical potentialities are already caught a glimpse. Unfortunately still no pointer of game, this new episode of the hydraulic engineer will sure make use of "controller of new generation", to attend nextgen fà the Nintendo more and more hard..., for hour we remain in attended of ulterior modernizations, and above all of confirmations on these images that could be fake.

Oh and from http://theboard.zogdog.com/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=11&showentry=1019

UPDATE: I can confirm that parts of these images like Mario, butterfly, etc are Stereoscopic 3D. I can also confirm that so is the text on Pablo's counter on his site when you zoom in to it. I have a pair of Stereoscopic 3D glasses and I allowed my cousin to check it out. Both have 3D elements. These Mario images are either real or someone is extremely good at animation. I don't know how anyone can add Stereoscopic 3D into a picture at the quality level achieved. Just figured I would give everyone an update.

It would really weird wearing some freaky ass glasses while playing!

well i'm up for pretty much anything as long as i have a revmote in my hand :D

and boy are them screens pretty!! :D imagine if they were real :P

I would be pretty happy if the next Mario looked like that, but they are undoubtedly fake! Since when did Mario live in a village (but then I suppose since when did Mario go on holiday and have a talking fireextinguisher!)? Also, Mario looks kind of weird on both images, particularly the bottom one, is he semi see through!?

I wouldn't want a Mario game to look like that at all. Super Mario Sunshine was already set in a world that was too 'real', with hotels and shops and stuff. I hope the next game goes back to the 'classic' Mushroom Kingdom, and is more cartoony and lses realistic.

If the next mario looked as good as those two screenshots then I'd be more than happy. But as Mike said, I'd prefer the next one to be based more in Mushroom Kingdom weirdness than the real world. Can't see any signs of stereoscopic 3D when those pictures are blown up though.

Saying that, I think stereoscopic 3d would be a great thing to put in some (not all) revolution games. If you think about it, it could make things so much better. Say you're playing a sword fighting game in first person mode. Without the 3d you could slash and swing but you wouldn't be able to judge thedepth of where to swing too well. With stereoscopic 3d you could see the opponents sword coming out to you and you could hit back at it at the appropriate depth adding an entirely new dimension of play. Wouldn't matter what angle you were at to the tv either as the 3d bits in stereoscopic 3d 'pop out' at the same place relative to your eyes. So you could be viewing the tv either straight on or say from the far left at an angle to the screen and you'd still see a sword lunging direct center at you.

Also, stereoscopic 3d is still pretty viewable to those not wearing the glasses and as I said before, those glasses cost literally pence so it wouldn't be an expense to have enough pairs for everybody.

Now I think about it I'll be dead surprised if there isn't at least one game for the revo with stereoscopic 3d in it sometime in the future.

The first one is abit weird and in the second one Mario looks out of place. Like he was put on the image. I dunno, I know sod all about photoshopping so I cant judge.

It's undoubtely a fake... first the marios don't belong and arent in regular positions... then the images are renders... and the yoshi, the pipes and Mario Symbols were put in later on... also the yoshi model is clearly taken from the renders of Super Mario RPG from 1996, in N64 days and GC days yoshi was pretty revamped so it makes it a big fake, I hate how they try to mistake people with this.

This is not Mario style at all. They're bad, bad fakes.

Did anyone else cry when they read "stereoscopic 3d"? Give it up.

Don't rule it out. Its not impossible.

Ehh... these are pretty awful fakes. They're obviously just mario pictures badly shopped onto some fantasy village 3D renders which don't relate to Mario at all. I mean, why is Mario see-through in pic 2? Why has someone added a mostly transparent 'blinds' pattern? Why is Mario blurred on the 1st one?

Don't rule it out. Its not impossible.

Yes, it is. The technology is not close to ready for implementation in a home console. Not close at all.

And besides that, there'll be only ten people or so buying it, so it wouldn't be good sales-wise. The stereoscopic 3D idea is very old and naive.

The second one looks very nice. Graphics like that would suit a fuly 3D world mario RPG game, with real time combat.

i like the first one but it looks like something the Rev couldnt handle. Im hoping they go with a more cartoony cel-shaded Mario this time anyway. Mario needs to be less realistic and more animated