Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you said the game was shit?

Yup, sounds like something I would say. :heh:

The story is pretty good, its a bit generic but its executed really well. I thought the fighting was a bit meh. Its real time but it seems a bit hacky-slashy.

I was only on it for just over a week and our debug version crashed almost every other second and I didn't really have time to grasp the more intircate details, the story is done really well though.

If I were Eurogamer I'd give it 6/10.

Yup, sounds like something I would say. :heh:

The story is pretty good, its a bit generic but its executed really well. I thought the fighting was a bit meh. Its real time but it seems a bit hacky-slashy.

I was only on it for just over a week and our debug version crashed almost every other second and I didn't really have time to grasp the more intircate details, the story is done really well though.

If I were Eurogamer I'd give it 6/10.

What would you give it if you were you?

What would you give it if you were you?

The version I played on.... -3/10 because it crashed all the fricking time! :heh:

I'd give it a 6.8/10. If you like this sort of game its pretty good but it isn't going to convert anybody.

I don't see a 360 MGS4 ever happening. You really think 90minute cutscenes are gonna fit on a DVD?

As long as its running off the engine then it's feasible.

MGS2 and MGS3 both managed to fit on one DVD each.

And if not they could always compress the sound files or put the game on more than one disc ala Lost Odyssey.

I can see a Substance/Subsistance version coming to the 360 (moneyhatted by Microsoft of course). Although I wouldn't expect until Q2 2009 at the very earliest.

Anyone seen the EndWar demonstration? The voice-control seemed pretty slick and responsive.I'm really impressed by Ubisofts' output at the moment:heh:. I'm still unsure whether to consider buying this or Halowars?

I'd try before you buy. This isn't first game to attempt voice control, and previous attempts haven't yet quite lived up to the box blurb.

I'd try before you buy. This isn't first game to attempt voice control, and previous attempts haven't yet quite lived up to the box blurb.

Of course. I'll wait to see what the general conscensus is on the control scheme - if the voice control holds up well and actually adds to the immersion/gameplay. Both are shaping up pretty well, but the lack of a 'god view' in Endwar (in trying to create a console RPG from the ground up) seems like it could be difficult to grasp the scale/ keep track of troops, ( I guess a mini-map would suffice). I'm liking the 'Theatre of War' concept as well; and the cooperation and unit specialization in team-games.

But I like the surreal and iconic nature of the units in the Halo universe over the generic modernized ordanance. Hmmm...I may end up buying two RTS stratergy games (Which would take me to a grand total of three!).

I was actually wondering the other day whether the headset had the potential for voice control, and was quite perplexed as to why no one had ever tried it if that was true.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!