N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I stupid? I just pre-orded the Legendary Edition of Halo 3 on Play.com, despite not really liking the first two. But I want the cool helmet thingy. £70 is quite steep..

Not really. If your order comes through you will get a very pretty penny off ebay for that as its becoming very, very hard to get ahold of.

Not really. If your order comes through you will get a very pretty penny off ebay for that as its becoming very, very hard to get ahold of.

Really. Interesting.

Thing is, I'll probably like the game. Just never got into the other two, well I was into Halo, then I got in the vehicle and it was impossible to drive.

The demo of Fifa 08 is a mixture of shit and good. Positively the passing systems seems very receptive and the defence intelligently keeps its position and makes it hard to skin defenders with attackers.. The grounds also feel alive and a good atmosphere is created.

However as usual this is equaled with dodgy shit. The goal keeping animations are horrible and the keepers most of the time stand there and watch the ball go past there heads, reacting when its too late. The run button is akwardly placed as a back trigger and the skill turn is way below even Pro Evolution Soccer 3's standard in terms of how good it is to use... Graphics just look wierd at times, Puyol looks like a Dog with 2 legs and there seems to be goal blind spots, where if you shoot from a particular angle it will always go in. The usual class gap rule applies too, where its actually possible to beat Barcalona with some abstract american team who have shit players as every player can score the same goal...

Verdict: Fifa loses again

the demo is at semi-pro level plus it is an old build. but yes FIFA has always had a problem in that the difficulty level doesnt really effect the teams. So if I am Barca and play Bolton on World class level, it is still gonna be a very hard game.

The passing is superb and looks great. The A.I is very good and move around the pitch and the runs they make are brilliant. You really have to pass the ball around to create chances in this game. I am amazed sometimes at how the AI reacts, I often pull defenders out of position only for other players to drop in and cover his place.I have to pass across the back and in and out of midfield before i feel confident of making a good pass into my front man.This is far more realistic and thus much more rewarding.

The response time is the best in any FIFA game but still needs tightening. hopefully this will be sorted by final release. The GK's need to be improved as they make some shocking errors. I havent seen it on a regular basis though. Also where are these sweet spots to score goals as I havent seen one yet. Character models do suck, have no idea why EA cannot get these right.

I am also gonna buy PES2008 and even if it is better the problem I have is Konami still rolling out a game with the shitty ML and no online leagues. I have bought every Winning Eleven game since WE6:FE and the ML has still not changed since WE7 (PES3). At least with FIFA I get a career mode, online leagues and 'Be a Pro Mode'

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/2...l?r=1&type=wmv