Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's £60? Damn, no GH2 for me for a while.

I ahve some catching up to do with old games anyway.

I think it's scandalous that they're charging that much for it. It is after all a port of a PS2 game at it's core. Sure there's quite few new bits, like the HD graphics and the extra songs but the vast majority of the game was already coded up. If the game was the same price as any other 360 title I wouldn't mind, but to charge extra just because it comes with the plastic guitar controller is not good.

Am i right in thinking that the PS2 version didn't charge extra for the controller and game?

Too Human news and some of it sounds great especially the highlighted section...

Be a fly on the wall during a marathon therapy session as Silicon Knights founder Denis Dyack confronts editors Mark MacDonald, Shane Bettenhausen, and Bryan Intihar about EGM’s too honest coverage of his upcoming Xbox 360 game, Too Human.

The too controversial creator of Eternal Darkness and Legacy of Kain takes us up on our offer to share what he really thinks about the state of videogames, opinionated-previews, so-called playable demos, working with Nintendo versus Microsoft, and so much more (you may want to keep this video handy during the he said/she said portion of the program to decide for yourself whom you agree with).

In the almost 2 hour long podcast Dyack shares some very interesting details and the guys over at the Xboxyde forums were friendly enough to compile a list with the most interesting ones.

* Wants Too Human to “compete with Hollywood in production valuesâ€

* Dyack says UE3 engine tweaked to the point that it’s almost unrecognizable — TH has 4xaa, [which UE3 doesn’t do]– but won’t elaborate further.

* There WILL be a playable demo out.

* Multiplayer heavily integrated into the singleplayer.

* No one knows what Too Human really is…people will be shocked when they see it.

* Seamless jump in and out of 2-4 player co-op.

* Massive story-line across 3 games, but each game is self-contained. Reminds people to remember that SK is known for their story telling and just because it hasn’t been shown for TH, expect nothing less. Theme of the 1st game is “Discovery†- second game is “Revenge†- third is “Enlightenment.â€

* Release date is set but he can’t talk about it.

* Diablo-like drops system for armor and weapons (rare chance at epic loot etc.), powers and skill-trees to customize baldur (i.e. ranged or melee, etc.).

So is this enough to regain interest in this title after its very poor showing at last year’s E3? We’d like to think so. Seamless 4 player co-op and a production value that’s able to compete with those in Hollywood should definitely be enough to at least check out the playable demo. Be sure to listen to EGM’s podcast for more Too Human stuff and a very intense discussion between the EGM editors and Dyack about Too Human’s poor E3 showing. Even if you’re not interested in Too Human or Dennis Dyack then we still recommend you listen to the podcast because Dyack has some very interesting stuff to tell about what goes on behind the screens at E3 viewed from the eyes from a developer that’s struggling to get his game across to hordes of journalists there.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!