Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

You get a wireless adaptor with it ???!?!?! :shock:

nah by looks of his picture he got an extra pack thing with all the accesories.

wonder wer he got it, i like the box.

Anyone found out Games allocations?

i e-mailed them last week, and they said i should have one for release, so fingers

crossed

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Source?

Last time i heard it was 500K and it was a typo on Microsoft's part.

Only me i'm afriad, and thats talking on live-chat to a bloke called 'Craig', lets hope his telling the truth (saying i have got one) and is incorrect with the UK allocation figure, i did state 'So the Uk is getting like 50,000?' and he stated 'Something daft like that' therefore it could even be less, or yes, more!

:smile:

Only me i'm afriad, and thats talking on live-chat to a bloke called 'Craig', lets hope his telling the truth (saying i have got one) and is incorrect with the UK allocation figure, i did state 'So the Uk is getting like 50,000?' and he stated 'Something daft like that' therefore it could even be less, or yes, more!

:smile:

Ive talked to craig before, he was the guy that said they would be emailing people on thursday.

Some pro's and con's, as objective as possible:

http://mozlapunk.web-log.nl/log/4124851

Xbox 360: The Good And The Bad

By Moz La Punk, head editor

You can’t expect Microsoft to do everything right with it’s second console launch, of course, but it’s already clear that they’ve got their act together a whole lot better compared to the first Xbox launch. Well, apart from some mistakes that could come to haunt them and bite them in the ass, that is.

We take a look at five great things the Xbox 360 is doing, and five stupid things that Microsoft needs to fix for the… uhhh… Xbox 720... or something.

The Good

- The Games

We have to admit, the Xbox 360 launch line up looks set to be a spicy little combination. While reviews all over the web reveal right now that it’s a collection of AA-games instead of ultimate classics (and some titles like Perfect Dark Zero haven’t even been reviewed yet), it’s still a fantastic batch of games for a launch. If you remember what the GameCube offered on day one (Luigi’s Mansion, Wave Race and Super Monkey Ball), and the PS2 (SSX, Fantavision), and heck, even the original Xbox (Halo… ehhh… Halo?), we think it’s easy to agree that the 360 launch line up is one of the best line ups ever. Strong point here is the word variation. You got your fun single/multiplayer shooter Perfect Dark Zero, a colourful platform adventure in the form of Kameo, a World War II shooter, some sport games, some race games. Good balance.

- Xbox Live

Yes, this is the big selling point in our opinion, more so than with the original Xbox. We feel that this generation, people will be ready for online, and Microsoft has made the system even better and more fluid. The fact that you have a gamer card which also shows all games you’ve played and challenges you’ve conquered, is reason enough for many people to play all the way through a game, thus resolving one of the biggest problems developers are facing. The Market Place is indeed a way for MS to earn even more money, but the fact that there are also a few free, playable demo’s from day one in this e-supermarket, is applaudable. We didn’t think it would rock our world a year ago, but here we are, rubbing our hands in excitement for this option. Of course, playing games online is a big plus, that’s a given.

- The Controller

Love it! We can’t say it enough. We love it. It’s the perfect size, the perfect colour, and when you push the buttons, it’s the perfect click. It’s such an improvement compared to the previous Xbox controller that it’s almost impossible to imagine it’s from the same company, and yet the lay out of the buttons hasn’t even changed that much. The controller has a more rubbery feel to it and the triggers are way better. And let’s admit it: controllers are extremely important since you’ll have to use it at all times when you’re playing games. Also, the batteries for the wireless controllers go up to 40 hours of gameplay, with rumble, which is remarkable.

- The Graphics

We were doubting how we should explain why the graphics are actually a plus. Remember back in the Dreamcast days? The system failed miserably, partly because everyone thought that the Playstation2 would offer far greater graphics. When we compare the situation now, it’s clear to see that Dreamcast was just about as powerful as Sony’s console, and maybe had an edge in displaying soft graphics. Of course we don’t know yet what Playstation3 will bring us, but for now, we’ll just have to go with the fact that the 360 graphics are the best that are available right now. Even more important is, again, the diversity in graphics on display in the launch line up. Perfect Dark and Kameo both look so colourful and diverse. Call Of Duty 2 looks just as good as the PC version and Project Gotham Racing 3 is the be-all-end-all of racing game graphics. HDTV support is great, but it also ensures some people will miss the boat on that one, and we’ll discuss that in the con’s.

- Support

A lot of developers are jumping the 360 bandwagon and that is a good thing, no doubt. With a lot of unclearity of when the other next generation consoles will hit the streets, developers are choosing the safe route and start developing games for the only next generation system available, Xbox 360. Even in Japan the system is gathering support in a modest rate, more so than the original Xbox. It remains to be seen if support will grow and keep at a steady pace, especially when other consoles arrive, but now that the 360 has a big head start it means it will have the largest user base for quite some time and that is what attracts developers, simple.

The Bad

- The Pricing

While we can understand that a powerful piece of hardware needs to be sold for a reasonable amount of money, we think the two sets (Core and Premium) is a bad move on Microsoft’s part. It’s nice that they want to give us the option but it will definitely create confusion for mainstream gamers and retailers. Microsoft wants you to buy the Premium system with hard drive anyway, so why be so vague about it? Just don’t create that Core package! Also, the pricing on a lot of accessories is very high. We understand a hard drive costs a lot and wireless controllers are also expensive for a reason, but 20 Euros for a faceplate? Get out of here.

- The HD Era

Right now the thing so many gamers were afraid of, is happening. In almost every 360 game review on the net you come across, the reviewer tells the reader that it looks ‘sooo much better’ on a High Definition Television Set. Yes, that’s nice and all when you own a HDTV, but what if you have a standard TV, and you already have trouble with scraping the money together for a 360? It’s true that the games will still look great on a normal television but a lot of details that matter a lot to game fans around the globe, are only visible on the expensive new television. We can’t really blame Microsoft for it but it’s still a turn off for a lot of people. The good news is that in a few years time the HDTV’s will definitely drop in price. But as of now, a lot of people will feel sort of left out, and that’s not a good thing.

- Customisation

Microsoft is seriously overstating the customisation part of the Xbox 360. Why would you feel unique if you buy a 20 Euro faceplate for your console that only you will see anyway? Or what about asking cash (or points that are bought with cash) for custom avatars for on your Xbox Live account? Seriously Microsoft, customisation is a nice little bonus, but not if it will cost us money. It just won’t work that way.

- The Rushed Launch

You knew this would come sooner or later. While the launch line up of the 360 is great, with good games and with variety, it’s still missing that killer app like Super Mario 64 or Halo. A launch game that defines the face of the console. Even if Perfect Dark gets great scores, it’s still not that face defining franchise that everyone knows. Without such a flagship, a lot of mainstream people won’t be persuaded to get this system in their homes. Releasing Halo 3 on launch maybe would’ve been overcrowding the launch a bit, but it would have been so important sales-wise. Also, a few games that would’ve made launch have been postponed, like Dead Or Alive 4 and Elder Scolls IV: Oblivion. They are two very important titles and although it’s classy of MS that they prefer quality above making money on launch with these two titles, it’s a sign that the November/December launch date was rushed.

- The Future

This isn’t such a negative point in itself, but as with any console, it’s still unclear what the future of the 360 will bring us. Especially in the light of the all-destroying PS2 this past generation, we have to wonder if Sony will be able to do the same trick twice and send Microsoft back home. Will third party developers flee to the Playstation3 or even the cheaper to develop for Revolution when they hit the market? Only time will tell. This is a negative point because unlike some other consoles, you are really spending a lot of money on the 360 if you want one, and if it will loose support in a few years time, you won’t really feel like you’ve got some quality stuff for your hard earned cash.

The Conclusion

When we take a look at these two lists, it's apparant that the good overweights the bad. This is the opinion of the head editor of Moz La Punk, but we believe that generally speaking, it reflects the truth. A lot of negative vibe is surrounding the 360 simply because people are afraid to buy it because of the threat PS3 might offer the console. Because these people don't dare to spend cash on the 360 because of this reason, they have to make themselves feel better for not owning it and they badmouth an otherwise teriffic console.

There's no denying it: Microsoft has definitely learned from some of their mistakes in their first generation in console-land. They are still making mistakes though, and time will tell if it will come back to haunt them in the end. For now, we can rest assured that we've got some great games to look forward to on launch, some great options on Xbox Live and a fantastic controller to treasure in your hands. That it will cost you all a fortune, including a brand spankin' new HDTV, is a painful realisation, and one that could ultimately proof the succes or failure of the 360 in it's first year, and thus for the rest of it's life cycle.

My cousin Craig works for Gameplay, he says he just tells people whatever he feels like at that moment.

LOL! Fantasic! :grin:

Also 'Meik' i would do that but they are SOLD OUT in preorders alone in every shop in my area.

So my only hope is Gameplay really.

:)

LOL! Fantasic! :grin:

Also 'Meik' i would do that but they are SOLD OUT in preorders alone in every shop in my area.

So my only hope is Gameplay really.

:)

I'll do the same as Meik, you people are blowing this all out of proportion just like what happened with the DS launch, the PSP launch... and will no doubt happen every other launch.

I plan to scale a few stores on the Friday and see what I can turn up, if I fail... I fail. I won't kill myself, but I may cut a little.

I'll do the same as Meik, you people are blowing this all out of proportion just like what happened with the DS launch, the PSP launch... and will no doubt happen every other launch.

I plan to scale a few stores on the Friday and see what I can turn up, if I fail... I fail. I won't kill myself, but I may cut a little.

Knowing me ill getm confirmed for one and then cancel my pre order, or i could put my pre order on ebay, £1 million for my preorder

How am i blowing it out of proportion when i clearly stated in my last post that everywhere in my area is SOLD OUT in preorders alone, therefore i have to travel approx 45 minutes to my next big town, which also is SOLD OUT in preorders alone, so i only have a Comet which is out in the sticks somewhere and Gameplay to get a Xbox360, i think i'm allowed to be a little worried, yet excited. :wink:

:awesome:

I GOT THE EMAIL!

I've got one for launch day! YES! THANKYOU GAMEPLAY!!!!!!!!!!! :hehe::hehe:

Good Luck everyone! :hehe:

I also got the email

Dear Gameplay Customer,

We are pleased to inform you that you are included in our first allocation for the Xbox 360 Premium Pack!

You should receive your order on the day of release - 02/12/05.

Below is our essential launch list of games and accessories, plus a special discount on carry cases and bags - please select which other items you'd like to receive with your console:

Hard luck to anyone not getting one, dont worry though as i am

i got it aswell, now its time for GAMEs anwser.

All mails have been sent out to all 360 customers, letting them know if they have one or not.

A couple of people didn't have emails linked to their account or had unsubscirbed from our mailing list - so they will recieve a letter shortly.

I'm sorry we can't fulfil all orders, but there just isn't enough stock available at launch.

GAME haven't sent anything out yet >.> COME ON DAMN IT!

lol, they have, sent out about 300 emails to people saying they have there prem packs.

i preordered with GAME and Gameplay at the exact same time, so GAME suck.

Never gonna use GAME again.

GAY!!! i ordered on the 18th of august and i'm not getting one. When did you lot order?

Few people on other forums have said the same thing.

It seems that if you preordered on the 18/08 or after you haven't got one, which is quite appalling really, it's NOWAY Gameplays fault but Microsofts, i mean preordering 'that' early and still not getting one just shows how severe the shortages must be....

and like everyone is saying, i know for a fact Microsoft are sending out small batches of the console so it always sells out quick, it gives them a good image and reputation, shame the customers don't come first, as alot of kids are going to be unhappy this christmas!

I hope everyone who is waiting on 'GAME' confirmations, get Good News as well! :)